All things Dundee FC

This boy might be pish, but it's always worth a cheeky wee gamble every season. Only a loan so likely very inexpensive and gives a wee bit of added intrigue in addition to the excitement already built. 

I'm all for 1 or 2 punts every season as long as the squad isn't filled to the brim with them like our previous 2 managers done.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dumbarton 1 Dundee 4: Neighbourhood watch as local boy Ryan Conroy downs  hometown team - Daily Record

I'm not even interested in talking signings until it's acknowledged that this is possibly one of the ugliest players to ever Don the dark blue of Dundee. 

Holy shitting christ, a face even his mother wid hate. Dearie me. 

Ciftci, whilst troubled, would represent a huge leap forward for Dundee. The drabness that emanates from dens is like a cancer. And ciftci would break the mould.

In other words I can't see it. It's like chalk and cheese. Talent and Dundee football club do not mix.

Far too classy a player for the Dundee hordes to appreciate.  

If Dundee manage to put together the Adam and nadir partnership they may even forget how woeful the entire tin pot operation is whilst they battle to a crucial 3rd place finish in the Scottish championship.

Seriously lads, bite his fucking hand off. 

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Holt  went to Cyprus because the Cypriot team paid QotS to buy him. He's not better than Jordan Marshall IMO.

Dime a dozen type LB. I'd argue that every LB we've had since has been as good as, if not better in Spanish Jon, Nathan Ralph and Marshall. 

Holt certainly didn't deserve quite the criticism he received but can't say we've been particularly weaker without him tbh.

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Jordan Marshall hasn't really did anything ? Seems to do okay but isn't contributing up top certainly and at the back we have been a disaster. 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

So an average championship player.

However one of our better players? But is that because we have went backwards as a club? 

The new midfield in front of him this season is an exciting prospect 🙂

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

No, it's because we are rebuilding. Better stats than Holt.

I have to confess and say I'm not an ardent follower of the football player stats. At best they can be overly flattering, at worst completely misleading. 

From my personal perspective and experience sitting in the South Enclosure, whilst wearing the Dark Blue Kevin Holt was an average Premiership left-back, whereas Jordan Marshall is no more than an average Championship left-back.

As per my previous posting, I never ever saw Kevin Holt's true position as being as an outright defender.

Merely my opinion.    

14 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Ciftci, whilst troubled, would represent a huge leap forward for Dundee. The drabness that emanates from dens is like a cancer. And ciftci would break the mould.

In other words I can't see it. It's like chalk and cheese. Talent and Dundee football club do not mix.

Far too classy a player for the Dundee hordes to appreciate.  

If Dundee manage to put together the Adam and nadir partnership they may even forget how woeful the entire tin pot operation is whilst they battle to a crucial 3rd place finish in the Scottish championship.

Seriously lads, bite his fucking hand off. 

😂

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not even interested in talking signings until it's acknowledged that this is possibly one of the ugliest players to ever Don the dark blue of Dundee. 

Holy shitting christ, a face even his mother wid hate. Dearie me. 

Ahem....

Dundee-FC-1986-87-Short-Sleeve-Retro-Football-Shirt-b-4788.jpg

sipartick.jpg

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

I have to confess and say I'm not an ardent follower of the football player stats. At best they can be overly flattering, at worst completely misleading. 

From my personal perspective and experience sitting in the South Enclosure, whilst wearing the Dark Blue Kevin Holt was an average Premiership left-back, whereas Jordan Marshall is no more than an average Championship left-back.

As per my previous posting, I never ever saw Kevin Holt's true position as being as an outright defender.

Merely my opinion.    

Fair enough bud, that's why I love this forum! Good to get differing perspectives.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't wait for his signing interview on Dee TV with a voice like this. Will take me 15 minutes to listen to a 3 minute video lol.

I like their accents nearly as much as I like their Red Stripes Mondays campaign that they mentioned.

Edited by gannonball