All things Dundee FC

16 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Old news probably now, however I see Kevin Holt is now signed with Ermis Aradippou in Cyprus, an apparently small club based on the outskirts of Larnaca.

A beautiful, charming part of the world in fairness, however in a footballing sense I can't but feel he could have contributed at Dens this coming season.

I know in some quarters whilst with us he received quite some amount of stick, however he never struck me personally as an out and out defender, more left midfield with something else to offer in defence and attack as required.

Anyways, good luck to the lad.

Regards  

He has played in Cyprus not so long ago.

Holt was alright. Chipped in a few goals and he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. Its just when he made a c**t of it he did it in style. A lot worse players than him we have had. 

Holt went to Cyprus because the Cypriot team paid QotS to buy him. He's not better than Jordan Marshall IMO.

Dime a dozen type LB. I'd argue that every LB we've had since has been as good as, if not better in Spanish Jon, Nathan Ralph and Marshall. 

Holt certainly didn't deserve quite the criticism he received but can't say we've been particularly weaker without him tbh.

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Instead of focusing on the confusion around Ciftci, I'm gonna commemorate one of my all-time favourites. Happy birthday to Christian Nade, the man who completed a Championship-winning team.

119726147_3294930437227885_953080288954644612_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=khV3iKz34g4AX-7bd8P&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=7529c5b50c689cdabae2e959ad7dca72&oe=5F8C3AEE

119826595_3294930683894527_6268737586470004892_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9QfBt9KAKhkAX8TLDDY&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=d520119731bbbec79ac781f1caa867c9&oe=5F89EA57

Loved Big Nads - real shame how things ended up for him but still an absolute hero to me

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Holt went to Cyprus because the Cypriot team paid QotS to buy him. He's not better than Jordan Marshall IMO.

Dime a dozen type LB. I'd argue that every LB we've had since has been as good as, if not better in Spanish Jon, Nathan Ralph and Marshall. 

Holt certainly didn't deserve quite the criticism he received but can't say we've been particularly weaker without him tbh.

Jordan Marshall hasnt really did anything ? Seems fo do okay but isn't contributing up top certainly and at the back we have been a disaster. 

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Jordan Marshall hasnt really did anything ? Seems fo do okay but isn't contributing up top certainly and at the back we have been a disaster. 

@RandomGuy. done the research for me on another thread but he was one of the most efficient attacking LB's in the league last season.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

@RandomGuy. done the research for me on another thread but he was one of the most efficient attacking LB's in the league last season.

That solved that one. 3 years think Holt scored 9 goals or so. Or maybe was 8 cant be bothered to check again. And this was in top flight football.  Matt lockwood was fewer starts n 1 more goal of a difference. 

Didn't realise he created as many goals what is suggested clearly.  I do love stats however. 

25 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

That solved that one. 3 years think Holt scored 9 goals or so. Or maybe was 8 cant be bothered to check again. And this was in top flight football.  Matt lockwood was fewer starts n 1 more goal of a difference. 

Didn't realise he created as many goals what is suggested clearly.  I do love stats however. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and suggest Holt was better than Lockwood! Maybe in Lockwood's final season when he was about 40 and legs had completely gone. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and suggest Holt was better than Lockwood! Maybe in Lockwood's final season when he was about 40 and legs had completely gone. 

Lockwood.............brilliant on the penalties, until he missed one, then lost the confidence.

This guy was the best penalty taker, ever. IMO.

Dumbarton 1 Dundee 4: Neighbourhood watch as local boy Ryan Conroy downs  hometown team - Daily Record

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Holt didn't even take penalties.

However I'm a stat man.

Id like to see Marshall stats. So far in his career goal threat certainly is non existent.  Defence we know he certainly hasn't been up to much. I think he is okay. But he certainly isn't better than Holt. 

Ralph i liked but stat wise he loves a relegation unfortunately 

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lockwood.............brilliant on the penalties, until he missed one, then lost the confidence.

This guy was the best penalty taker, ever. IMO.

Dumbarton 1 Dundee 4: Neighbourhood watch as local boy Ryan Conroy downs  hometown team - Daily Record

Thank you.

fucking ryan conroy man. What a left peg he had. Had absolutely f**k all else tbf. 

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Holt didn't even take penalties.

However I'm a stat man.

Id like to see Marshall stats. So far in his career goal threat certainly is non existent.  Defence we know he certainly hasn't been up to much. I think he is okay. But he certainly isn't better than Holt. 

Ralph i liked but stat wise he loves a relegation unfortunately 

Not a fan of stats myself with the possession stat being the biggest jobby of the lot followed by shots at goal. Passing the ball aimlessly about the back whilst the other team gets back into shape on the halfway line achieving the square root of f**k all but with 60% of the ball, so f**k. Same with shit efforts from 30 yards out or ridiculous angles that are never going to go in....but but but we had 60% possession and 12 shots on goal to your 7, SO f**k. Yet you can work yourself into great areas out wide with numerous crosses across the goalmouth with some dafty like Moussa missing the  ball altogether doesn’t get mentioned. Dinnae get me started on the football manager generation! It serves a purpose only to wind dabs up. 

The  score line is the only thing that matters. 

Edited by Yenitit

On 02/09/2020 at 19:54, RandomGuy. said:

If you exclude players who played under 700 minutes...

Crosses p90: 4.63 (Dundee 2nd best player, behind McDaid (4.96), and divisional leader in terms of full backs)

Cross accuracy: 37.66% (Dundees 3rd best player. Behind McDaid (37.82%), and divisional leader Kerr (48.65%). Marshall 5th in division for full backs)

Assists p90: 0.12 (Dundees 3rd best player, behind McGowan (0.15) and Dorrans (0.15), 5th in terms of full backs)

Expected Assists p90: 0.1 (Dundees 5th best player, McDaid the best at 0.22, 4th in terms of league full backs)

He seems alright tbf. Kerr has better accuracy but less crosses, so Marshall probably completes more crosses despite having less accuracy, if that makes sense. In terms of raw numbers he was slightly worse going forward than Harvie last season, but no other full back consistently sits above him in any attacking category.

@G_Man1985

Dudee expected to sign Nicholas Hamilton on loan from Canadian side York 9 FC.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/nicholas-hamilton-nears-dundee-loan-22706993

Not yet played in Canada, coming from Cavalier FC from Jamaica. Centre forward. Punt and a half tbh.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dudee expected to sign Nicholas Hamilton on loan from Canadian side York 9 FC.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/nicholas-hamilton-nears-dundee-loan-22706993

Don’t mind one wild punt a season. Would rather have Nadir to add some bite to the team tho. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not a fan of stats myself with the possession stat being the biggest jobby of the lot followed by shots at goal. Passing the ball aimlessly about the back whilst the other team gets back into shape on the halfway line achieving the square root of f**k all but with 60% of the ball, so f**k. Same with shit efforts from 30 yards out or ridiculous angles that are never going to go in....but but but we had 60% possession and 12 shots on goal to your 7, SO f**k. Yet you can work yourself into great areas out wide with numerous crosses across the goalmouth with some dafty like Moussa missing the  ball altogether doesn’t get mentioned. Dinnae get me started on the football manager generation! It serves a purpose only to wind dabs up. 

The  score line is the only thing that matters. 

Now I like this logic also. 

Davidson won more games playing for Dundee than when Kevin Thomson did. A clearly more influencer than Thomson. Scoreline facts are the best ones i give you that one. 

10 goals in 36 in 2018/19 in Jamaica, 5 goals in 21 in 2019/20. 24 years old, has been called up for but not capped by the Jamaican national team. Still not figuring this one out unless it's purely a cheap backup (York 9 want to loan him out cos they can't play him due to COVID restrictions I believe) and there's still another striker coming in.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee