All things Dundee FC

Other than the fact it's Ciftci, he's exactly the type of forward we're lacking. A striker that can lead the line and be the main man, bullying defences and taking in Charlie Adam's long balls from deep and also able to link it up as well as being a natural goalscorer as well.

It just comes down to who it is.

Say what you will he’s a goal scorer(at this level at least) I’d be happy to have him as long as he pulls his (considerable) weight I’d much prefer him than stokes and his paper mache knees 

This. 

Still only 28 - despite the DAB connections and "that incident" I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

^^^^This.

The 'seethe factor' would be tremendous.

Thank you.

It’s already happening and he’s only been linked with us. Mentioned it to a dab and he bit before I could get what I was saying out claiming “he’s on trial at St Johnstone and done really well so he’ll no be signing for you’s” 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Was he not underwhelming at Motherwell? 

Don’t think he was the main man at Motherwell with I think either bowman or moult preferred could be wrong though and may be main I’m thinking off 

54 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Don’t think he was the main man at Motherwell with I think either bowman or moult preferred could be wrong though and may be main I’m thinking off 

Moult had left for Preston when he arrived and Bowman was out with a fractured eye socket when the league started back up again after the winter break.

He's well liked by the 'well fans who appreciated what he brought the the team and there are a number of like minded sorts who post on here. I'd happily have him back at Fir Park.

Others, or whom there are many, didn't really buy into his style. He wasn't helped by the fact he wasn't Louis Moult either - so those who expected him to score at the rate he did with United were largely underwhelmed.

What he did was act as a facilitator. @Ludo*1 touched on it further up the thread, he was a really good hold up player for us and brought others into the game. Loads of folk just looked at him and thought he was lazy though.

We hit a decent run of form with him and Main (plus Tanner playing off them before his knee fell to bits).

He signed during the winter break and was part of the squad that got the the SC final - we lost 6 games from 22 between then and the end of the season compared with 1 win in 11 prior to the winter shutdown.

Spoiler

1341563475_ScreenShot2020-09-17at19_03_28.thumb.png.7458584dfac75d15a942222b40380cb4.png

Edited by capt_oats

Old news probably now, however I see Kevin Holt is now signed with Ermis Aradippou in Cyprus, an apparently small club based on the outskirts of Larnaca.

A beautiful, charming part of the world in fairness, however in a footballing sense I can't but feel he could have contributed at Dens this coming season.

I know in some quarters whilst with us he received quite some amount of stick, however he never struck me personally as an out and out defender, more left midfield with something else to offer in defence and attack as required.

Anyways, good luck to the lad.

Regards  

Old news probably now, however I see Kevin Holt is now signed with Ermis Aradippou in Cyprus, an apparently small club based on the outskirts of Larnaca.
A beautiful, charming part of the world in fairness, however in a footballing sense I can't but feel he could have contributed at Dens this coming season.
I know in some quarters whilst with us he received quite some amount of stick, however he never struck me personally as an out and out defender, more left midfield with something else to offer in defence and attack as required.
Anyways, good luck to the lad.
Regards  

Indeed, also we have a history of hounding full backs. Currently it’s Cammy but they nearly all get. McGinn wasn’t deemed good enough by some. My Hibs supporting mates are loving his consistency and his relatively simple style.