Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Jim Mclean?

.. Baldy headed c**t. 

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dave Mackay throwing his hat in the ring for the St J job:

Good luck, Dave. Off you pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

I know I said I'd do one drawing per week, but I'm cracking up now so it was between this and prank calling Robbie Neilson all morning. There's only so many times you can pretend to be Tony Ashgar, inviting him to Gussie Park for a few bottles of 'Rona, before his enthusiasm starts to wane.

Anyway, here's our second instalment; Dark Blue Heartthrob, Gary Harkins. 

Harkins2.jpg

Next up... I'm not sure yet. Thoughts?

Thank you.

Superb again @LiamDFC ! I personally would like to see a classic Juan Sara "Jesus Loves You" celebration.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

I know I said I'd do one drawing per week, but I'm cracking up now so it was between this and prank calling Robbie Neilson all morning. There's only so many times you can pretend to be Tony Ashgar, inviting him to Gussie Park for a few bottles of 'Rona, before his enthusiasm starts to wane.

Anyway, here's our second instalment; Dark Blue Heartthrob, Gary Harkins. 

Harkins2.jpg

Next up... I'm not sure yet. Thoughts?

Thank you.

Outstanding! Liam!

What about doing my hero.

Jocky.

Thank you.

 

 

1453372644JockyScott.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Outstanding! Liam!

What about doing my hero.

Jocky.

Thank you.

[image of Jocky Scott]

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

😄 Out fuckin' standing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well folks, looks like league reconstruction is not going to happen.  I for one am not in the least bit surprised.  

Mr Nelms appeared to have believed that he drove a hard bargain by getting league reconstruction talks on the table.  His idea of a hard bargain may be the reason we have been paying big wages for so many bang average players and even worse managers over the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Well folks, looks like league reconstruction is not going to happen.  I for one am not in the least bit surprised.  

Mr Nelms appeared to have believed that he drove a hard bargain by getting league reconstruction talks on the table.  His idea of a hard bargain may be the reason we have been paying big wages for so many bang average players and even worse managers over the last few years.

Surprise sur-fucking-prise.

Brilliant @LiamDFC, that's the main screen on the laptop now.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Well folks, looks like league reconstruction is not going to happen.  I for one am not in the least bit surprised.  

Mr Nelms appeared to have believed that he drove a hard bargain by getting league reconstruction talks on the table.  His idea of a hard bargain may be the reason we have been paying big wages for so many bang average players and even worse managers over the last few years.

He done all he could in getting the discussion on the table. The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron. What else could he have done?

Bit low to then have a kick at his backing of managers as well. His appointments have been utterly dreadful, but his backing has been admirable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

POINT 1: He done all he could in getting the discussion on the table.

POINT 2: The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron.

POINT 3: What else could he have done?

POINT 4: Bit low to then have a kick at his backing of managers as well. His appointments have been utterly dreadful, but his backing has been admirable.


POINT 1: I said at the time he should have stuck to a NO vote and looked after number 1.  The league would have been forced to come up with an alternative plan, rather than the take it or leave it vote they offered.  

POINT 2: Ann Budge is not the reason league reconstruction talks failed.  The reason was the top 12 clubs want to divide their share of the pie by 12, not by 14 or 16.  In other words they have looked after number 1 (see my POINT 1).  I have absolutely no issues with that and I think the top 12 clubs would have been absolutely mad to have agreed to league reconstruction.

POINT 3: See my POINT 1 above.

POINT 4: I definitely don’t dispute his backing has been admirable.  The clear point I am making is his idea of a good deal in negotiations is simply not good enough. 

I appreciate we will not see eye to eye on this but that’s the beauty of discussions 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. 

I'm not sure I get this. Surely her club (in theory) had the most to gain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow Play said:


POINT 1: I said at the time he should have stuck to a NO vote and looked after number 1.  The league would have been forced to come up with an alternative plan, rather than the take it or leave it vote they offered.  

POINT 2: Ann Budge is not the reason league reconstruction talks failed.  The reason was the top 12 clubs want to divide their share of the pie by 12, not by 14 or 16.  In other words they have looked after number 1 (see my POINT 1).  I have absolutely no issues with that and I think the top 12 clubs would have been absolutely mad to have agreed to league reconstruction.

POINT 3: See my POINT 1 above.

POINT 4: I definitely don’t dispute his backing has been admirable.  The clear point I am making is his idea of a good deal in negotiations is simply not good enough. 

I appreciate we will not see eye to eye on this but that’s the beauty of discussions 👍

1. I disagree with that, but we went over that the last time so there's no point trying to get more meat off the bone!

2. Nope, she isn't, but it doesn't help that her ideas on the game are absolutely chronic. She was the sales woman. I'm really disappointed with the fact that clubs have looked after number 1, but expected no different. Again - I think Nelms' done a valid job in getting the talks on the table with a group being formed rather than just the weak, 'Aw yeah, it'll be discussed'. Either way, it's been a failure, but I respect the effort.

4. How do you know the details of any of his negotiations? His appointments have been terrible, not disputing that, but other than the insertion of a clause into Hemmings' deal the first time round (Which was apparently a necessity to get him to sign) I can't see it as being horrendous. To get £1.5m for Hendry was a brilliant deal. It was McCann that sanctioned the Murray/Bain deal which again goes back to Nelms bravely backing his appointments IMO.

Finally, absolutely! I always prefer an actual discussion on here to anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm not sure I get this. Surely her club (in theory) had the most to gain? 

Depends on the way you look at it. She had the most to lose if the talks didn't work out with her club being confirmed as relegated, but equally had the most to gain out of the talks being successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron. 

Tbf she doesnt hide it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

That is incredible.

Hope Jocky, Leigh and @dundeebarry get to see that.

Totally captured the jet pack Jocky/Leigh living in a teepee in Caird Park vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I for one am not bothered, perhaps even a bit pleased.

^^^^ sitting in the house in tears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...