All things Dundee FC

They're wearing squad numbers and Blacklock as mentioned is wearing Byrne's number. Would expect an announcement tomorrow then. Apparently, again according to the rumour on the other forum is that we've received a bid of cash money for Byrne, he's not been keen and we've told him he better seriously think about it. @RandomGuy.

Peterhead getting a bit bitter and showing themselves up as tinpot over a friendly. Jeezo. Despite video evidence proving McGowan was onside they've went for the linesman on their official Twitter:

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

They're wearing squad numbers and Blacklock as mentioned is wearing Byrne's number. Would expect an announcement tomorrow then. Apparently, again according to the rumour on the other forum is that we've received a bid of cash money for Byrne, he's not been keen and we've told him he better seriously think about it. @RandomGuy.

Wont be us then.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wont be us then.

I dunno, with our midfield as is all vying for 2, potentially 3 central spots:

Byrne
McGowan
Ness
Robertson
Dorrans
Adam
Mulligan (Youth)

We would probably accept a bag of footballs and a tracksuit for him.

In other news, McGowan is the only player I've heard of that's getting pushed further and further forward the older he gets rather than backwards. Started off as a CDM with us and has played CM, CAM and is now considered as a striker.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I dunno, with our midfield as is all vying for 2, potentially 3 central spots:

Byrne
McGowan
Ness
Robertson
Dorrans
Adam
Mulligan (Youth)

In other news, McGowan is the only player I've heard of that's getting pushed further and further forward the older he gets rather than backwards. Started off as a CDM with us and has played CM, CAM and is now considered as a striker.

It could obviously just be entirely coincidental or he just loves our #content but it appears he recently started following our official Twitter (assuming that is his actual Twitter).

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 18.41.59.png

Aside from the fact our transfer strategy seems to be signing Declan Gallagher's pals there's a fair chance we might be in the market for a midfielder since Liam Donnelly's injury means he's out until the new year.

We play with 3 CM and have just loaned out Jamie Semple to Cove. So our current list of fit midfielders amount to Campbell, O'Hara, Polworth plus Barry Maguire and Dean Cornelius (who may end up loaned out himself).

We've already paid a 'nominal' sum for O'Hara so I reckon we could probably stretch to a bag of balls for Byrne.

That's heavy 2+2'ing but all the parts kind of fit given the type of midfielder he is and the Donnelly shaped hole in our midfield. 

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It could obviously just be entirely coincidental or he just loves our #content but it appears he recently started following our official Twitter (assuming that is his actual Twitter).

Aside from the fact our transfer strategy seems to be signing Declan Gallagher's pals there's a fair chance we might be in the market for a midfielder since Liam Donnelly's injury means he's out until the new year.

We play with 3 CM and we've just loaned out Jamie Semple to Cove. So our current fit midfielders amount to Campbell, O'Hara, Polworth plus Barry Maguire and Dean Cornelius (who may end up loaned out himself).

We've already paid a 'nominal' sum for O'Hara so I reckon we could probably stretch to a bag of balls for Byrne.

That's heavy 2+2'ing but all the parts kind of fit given the type of midfielder he is and the Donnelly shaped hole in our midfield. 

Motherwell would certainly seem to be an ideal move for him as he seems more suited to being a cog in a well oiled machine rather than a midfielder that has good ball winning qualities, but has to play a part in taking the game to the opposition.

Shame it's not worked out so far. One of those players far more suited to playing for a side willing to surrender possession and in games where his side is up against it, he'd be invaluable but as it is, that's not what we need in this division and he slowed the game down far too much when we needed some impetus. Clear that there's a cracking player and wouldn't look out of place in the correct set-up. Felt with Dorrans and Adam he might be able to provide the legs, but that'll no doubt be Finlay Robertson's role.

All this being said, I would like him to stay on but equally won't lose sleep if he leaves.

Edited by Ludo*1

32 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We play with 3 CM and have just loaned out Jamie Semple to Cove. So our current list of fit midfielders amount to Campbell, O'Hara, Polworth plus Barry Maguire and Dean Cornelius (who may end up loaned out himself).

That's some fine deductive reasoning and all that, but I'm more interested in what five-figure sum will be deducted from Motherwell's bank account if this is true.

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That's some fine deductive reasoning and all that, but I'm more interested in what five-figure sum will be deducted from Motherwell's bank account if this is true.

£99,000, a bag of balls, a tracksuit and the Trevor Carson.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I doubt we'd even pay that in a transfer fee just now. 

16 senior contracted players and nobody allowed to come in until players go out 😂

I think Adam will be a quality signing. 

I'd have taken him at saints but obviously only on a one year deal and doubt we could pay what your sponsors are, not to mention he's from. Dundee.

Seen him in the flesh twice last season and although as an athlete he was struggling a bit he was still having a huge impact on both games.