All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I used to quite like mallo. Oh well. What league are Falkirk in these days. Are they even still a thing?

It's not fucking healthy, I've never even had a disagreement with the chunt.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Nice to see United slipping down the league and taking a good hammering.

Think that’s the 3rd game on the bounce they’ve only had 1shot on target. They’ve had very few this season so far. Tbf they’re 3 points better off than I thought they’d be at this point and not bottom. 

Think that’s the 3rd game on the bounce they’ve only had 1shot on target. They’ve had very few this season so far. Tbf they’re 3 points better off than I thought they’d be at this point and not bottom. 

Yes it’s disappointing they’re not bottom but I’m taking solace from the fact it’s the hopes dashed that will hurt them the most.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yes it’s disappointing they’re not bottom but I’m taking solace from the fact it’s the hopes dashed that will hurt them the most.

I had 1 dafty tell me they were going to be top once they turned over Hibs 😂 you can only laugh. 

How very dare you, my kindred like minded Dark Blue knaves.

DC Thomson podcast 25th August 2020, "Dundee United could qualify for Europe and Benjamin Siegrist is their best keeper since Billy Thomson".  As reported by a certain Eric Nicolson. 

I assume he's employed by DCT as a professional 'journalist' and not merely a high-vis fantasist.

Either way, entertaining to say the least.

1097474145_BobandPaul.jpg.6db64b9b90ba356c3cf9ce534db98406.jpg

Edited by This Charming Man

Daniel Church playing in a training game at Dens today along with two of our youth players Cammy Blacklock and Ewan Murray.

We're obvs interested in Church (or at least giving him a trial) but any idea on whether the two youngsters are likely to be good enough to make the step up this season?

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

How very dare you, my kindred like minded Dark Blue knaves.

DC Thomson podcast 25th August 2020, "Dundee United could qualify for Europe and Benjamin Siegrist is their best keeper since Billy Thomson".  As reported by a certain Eric Nicolson. 

I assume he's employed by DCT as a professional 'journalist' and not merely a high-vis fantasist.

Either way, entertaining to say the least.

1097474145_BobandPaul.jpg.6db64b9b90ba356c3cf9ce534db98406.jpg

Apparently Ginger DAB Spence said they would be top 4 😂 how has this non entity managed to get dabs believing his every word. Even more baffling is he’s managed to get a job on Sportsound 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I suppose he aptly represents football’s least knowledgable fans well. 

11 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Daniel Church playing in a training game at Dens today along with two of our youth players Cammy Blacklock and Ewan Murray.

We're obvs interested in Church (or at least giving him a trial) but any idea on whether the two youngsters are likely to be good enough to make the step up this season?

A stab in the dark would be that Church has already signed going by the club’s twitter account saying it is him when asked by a poster. They normally remain quiet on names.

Hope for the laddies sake he isn’t named as a new signing before Charlie Adam’s signing  is concluded one way or the other as the Twitter thread would just be putting him down that it’s not Adam’s getting announced and not giving him the best of starts or impressions. It’s the type of player we should be taking a chance on (released from Celtic and Aberdeen’s youth) and won’t damage us financially. 

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A stab in the dark would be that Church has already signed going by the club’s twitter account saying it is him when asked by a poster. They normally remain quiet on names.

Hope for the laddies sake he isn’t named as a new signing before Charlie Adam’s signing  is concluded one way or the other as the Twitter thread would just be putting him down that it’s not Adam’s getting announced and not giving him the best of starts or impressions. It’s the type of player we should be taking a chance on (released from Celtic and Aberdeen’s youth) and won’t damage us financially. 

If he has signed, surely that's why it's not been announced. If the much-anticipated '📝?' comes up, everyone gets excited for Charlie, only for Church to pop up, he probably won't get the nicest welcome lol.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If he has signed, surely that's why it's not been announced. If the much-anticipated '📝?' comes up, everyone gets excited for Charlie, only for Church to pop up, he probably won't get the nicest welcome lol.

That’s what I was thinking, simply because the club’s official account tweeted a fan it was him. 

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That’s what I was thinking, simply because the club’s official account tweeted a fan it was him. 

Yeah thats true, was surprised when they named him since like you say its usually just 'trialist' in any reports.

Hopefully they will announce Charlie and him soon then maybe as another double signing .

Spotted some folks saying it might be Monday...

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah thats true, was surprised when they named him since like you say its usually just 'trialist' in any reports.

Hopefully they will announce Charlie and him soon then maybe as another double signing .

Spotted some folks saying it might be Monday...

Hope so. It’s dragging on a bit now and hope we’re not putting all our eggs in the 1 basket regards improving the starting 11 and it falls through. 

Edited by Yenitit

On 07/09/2020 at 16:28, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Absolutely tragic what happened to Erich.

One of my favourites too.

Yeah, a total 100% er. Remember him getting knocked out twice at Muirton one night, once while scoring the equaliser. None of this namby pamby going off the park stuff either, quick dab from the magic sponge and he was straight back up again.

11 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Hope so. It’s dragging on a bit now and hope we’re not putting all our eggs in the 1 basket regards improving the starting 11 and it falls through. 

Seems to be the way I reckon.

Meh if happens good hopefully he does well. If it doesn't then we just get on with it. Still the defence for me looks dross. Striker could do with anther. 

Goalkeeper presume that will be us as havnt seen anyone linked. 

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Seems to be the way I reckon.

Meh if happens good hopefully he does well. If it doesn't then we just get on with it. Still the defence for me looks dross. Striker could do with anther. 

Goalkeeper presume that will be us as havnt seen anyone linked. 

Forgot about the keeper 🙈 thanks for reminding me.