All things Dundee FC

Obviously hope I'm wrong, however why would Charlie Adam announce the recent "I'm speaking to the club sketch, etc, etc, etc"?

It's not about the money for the man, not now. I would have thought if signing, it'd be announced out of the (dark) blue in a blaze of glory.

Unless I've missed my call, I feel he was maybe also interested in the Assistant Manager's gig, hence the recent Dave Mackay announcement internally.

Anyways', hope I'm wrong and he does sign, as we've not had a competent play-maker/moaner/leader on the field for quite a time now.

If he does arrive though, more than just playing colleagues at the club will be looking over their shoulders imho.

Merely my opinion, regards. 

Really hope he signs. We’ve been desperately lacking someone who can put their foot on the ball in a tight space, beat the man who’s marking, and release a decent pass. A la Harkins. Even a half fit Charlie Adam should skoosh this league.
Also I though Charnley was great for us in his wee cameo but we all see it differently I guess.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Really hope he signs. We’ve been desperately lacking someone who can put their foot on the ball in a tight space, beat the man who’s marking, and release a decent pass. A la Harkins. Even a half fit Charlie Adam should skoosh this league.
Also I though Charnley was great for us in his wee cameo but we all see it differently I guess.

Recall a 1-1 midweek draw at Dens with Dumbarton just prior to Chic Charnley signing for Jim Duffy in the mid 90's.

However wayward, he was head and shoulders above all others that evening, simply outstanding. So Jim signed him.

Then there was the other side of Chic's game unfortunately that followed him throughout his career wherever he played.

Could never be accused of being dull though in fairness, however he must have been a nightmare to manage.

1884741997_download(8).jpg.c3dd0d5e200f92ad75ff459efb9026ba.jpg

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Recall a 1-1 midweek draw at Dens with Dumbarton just prior to Chic Charnley signing for Jim Duffy in the mid 90's.

However wayward, he was head and shoulders above all others that evening, simply outstanding. So Jim signed him.

Then there was the other side of Chic's game unfortunately that followed him throughout his career wherever he played.

Could never be accused of being dull though in fairness, however he must have been a nightmare to manage.

1884741997_download(8).jpg.c3dd0d5e200f92ad75ff459efb9026ba.jpg

He was a bit of a lunatic but I loved the big mental b*****d when he played for us 😍

Charnley was fucking mental but brilliant to watch. Robbie Winters feigned injury twice to get him sent off for elbowing in two of the derbies both Dundee clubs were in the old First Division, Charnley got him back the following season during a win at Tannadice in the Coca Cola Cup. He properly forearm smashed the wee c**t when the ref and both linos weren't watching. Glorious stuff. 

He also scored some absolutely ridiculous goals. Best Charnley memory though was when he was at Partick - they were playing at Forfar earlier in his career and rumours were kicking about that Coventry were about to pay a £1million for him (probably pish), he scored two early on, then late in the game Thistle got a free kick 40 yards out. A few fans shouted at him to hit it (maybe not completely seriously) - obviously he did, hitting a dipping screamer right into the top corner. He celebrated then just looked across to the Thistle fans, smiled, winked and jogged back for the re-start. 

I think this was around the time some nutter with a samurai sword attacked him in Glasgow. 

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Charnley was fucking mental but brilliant to watch. Robbie Winters feigned injury twice to get him sent off for elbowing in two of the derbies both Dundee clubs were in the old First Division

Last time I saw Dundee play was the game in March across the road. 

Charnley was fucking mental but brilliant to watch. Robbie Winters feigned injury twice to get him sent off for elbowing in two of the derbies both Dundee clubs were in the old First Division, Charnley got him back the following season during a win at Tannadice in the Coca Cola Cup. He properly forearm smashed the wee c**t when the ref and both linos weren't watching. Glorious stuff. 
He also scored some absolutely ridiculous goals. Best Charnley memory though was when he was at Partick - they were playing at Forfar earlier in his career and rumours were kicking about that Coventry were about to pay a £1million for him (probably pish), he scored two early on, then late in the game Thistle got a free kick 40 yards out. A few fans shouted at him to hit it (maybe not completely seriously) - obviously he did, hitting a dipping screamer right into the top corner. He celebrated then just looked across to the Thistle fans, smiled, winked and jogged back for the re-start. 
I think this was around the time some nutter with a samurai sword attacked him in Glasgow. 

Classic. I’ve said this before but he joined us just about the New Year and he had a black eye. After the game Chic Young was interviewing him ‘how did you your black eye Chick?’ - ‘I got first footed’ was his reply. Lol

Pre Preseason expectations/predictions?

With Hearts being hot favourites, are we likely to seriously challenge or are we looking at promotion playoffs again?

I fancy our chances at going straight up to be honest. Liking the squad so far and with the usual rumours feeling rather optimistic.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Byrne runs like a lassie who is not a very good runner?

:lol:

Sorry I put it off when the DEETV come up as I thought that was it. Last two I seen were :

Screenshot_20200901_231621_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fd71ff9a26dac0231c8187416475d196.jpg

The two you mention look like Moore (the McColgan run) and Anderson, to me. 

Pre Preseason expectations/predictions?
With Hearts being hot favourites, are we likely to seriously challenge or are we looking at promotion playoffs again?
I fancy our chances at going straight up to be honest. Liking the squad so far and with the usual rumours feeling rather optimistic.

Ha ha. I feel the same. You need blind optimism to support the DB’s.

More realistic 5th at Xmas, McPake finally sacked, Avril appointed (fans divided but a lot furious, emailing Nelms (DeeMan)), we scrape 3rd but get gubbed by Arbroath.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

we scrape 3rd but get gubbed by Arbroath

...who then go on to demolish UTD 8-0 in the play-off final and become the only team in the area in the top league as Saints had already been relegated in 12th place.

Strange times indeed. 

...who then go on to demolish UTD 8-0 in the play-off final and become the only team in the area in the top league as Saints had already been relegated in 12th place.
Strange times indeed. 

As stupid as that sounds it’s probably more likely now than it’s ever been.