All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Ludo, stay with me and whilst I as always respect all opinions, I do not and cannot agree.

Please name, highlight any potential midfielder on our books who would be more effective than Adam at our level. (Please don't say McPake's mate Dorrans).

As for Charlie Adams' managerial credentials, ridiculous?

Jeezo, amusingly we currently have James McPake and his other mate, Dave MacKay, or has everyone forgotten this extremely worrying fact?

Regards as always   

Finlay Robertson could be more valuable and effective for us (In terms of a fee at the very least) than Charlie Adam would be at this stage of his career.

Again, I ask, why, even if Charlie Adam still is a quality player  (Which based on the Reading fans comments suggest he isn't) would you spunk what would likely be the entire wage budget when we have a goalkeeper that likes to chuck them in, 2 strikers at the club and zero cover for CH?

In one fell swoop you dismiss a younger ex-Premier League player to tout another that is well known for not being the fittest guy ever and that made just 8 league starts last season. You clearly don't like our current top ace, what's to say Adam will be any different? The last time we signed an ageing ex-Premier League star turned out great as well in Colin Cameron.

Your solution to inexperience is even less experience. That's why it's absolutely ridiculous.

If you think that Charlie Adam alone slotting into an already strong midfield for this level would see us single handedly storm the league then fair fucks, but we have massive, massive issues elsewhere in the side and CM is certainly not one of them.

Edited by Ludo*1

IMO big Chaz has missed the boat by a couple of seasons. 

That being said, if he was to agree to say, a Gowser pay grade, I would not have any issues with him coming in, the lad is clearly Derry'd oot his nut and I doubt he would give anything less than 100%.

In addition to the final point in Ludo's excellent post, even with the best midfield and strikers in the league we'd need to be scoring 3 a game to insure against Flapjack's inevitable howlers. Adam would be the very definition of a luxury player.

Not that I think Charlie will be signing but surely the only thing to question about his ability is his fitness. If he’s still able to get about the park fairly well then he’d be without a doubt a worthwhile signing for us imo. Yes the last thing we need is another central midfielder but Charlie strikes we as someone who would comfortably be able to play numerous positions in our team obviously provided his level of fitness is up to scratch. I’d imagine he’d be able to play left midfield, left back and centrally in a defensive back 3 as well as playing in his usual role. The left back or central defender would be in an emergency obviously.   The quality in our league outwith Hearts is piss poor tbh. 

Having said all that a new goalkeeper is the main priority and we need to get one in before spending our budget in other areas. 

Edited by Yenitit

51 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Having said all that a new goalkeeper is the main priority and we need to get one in before spending our budget in other areas. 

I'm going to take a guess at that Hamilton will be our number 1 goalie this coming season. Budget wise would love to know how many players we could still sign/ loan. 

Still hoping our strikers have learnt to score goals. A very important skill they havnt seemed to grasp just yet in their career

31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm going to take a guess at that Hamilton will be our number 1 goalie this coming season. Budget wise would love to know how many players we could still sign/ loan. 

Still hoping our strikers have learnt to score goals. A very important skill they havnt seemed to grasp just yet in their career

3rd place at the absolute best if that's the case....

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Still hoping our strikers have learnt to score goals. A very important skill they havnt seemed to grasp just yet in their career.

Goalie is paramount and has been for years, yet we seem too hesitant to address it. I don't believe Hamilton is the man for the job, but I also don't believe Geddes is the man for the keeper coach job either.

To consistently get so little out of different players must be something to do with their training. These guys are professionals. They didn't accidentally become first keeper at a football club. We've changed players but the results between the sticks stay the same.

Edited by Crawford

Honestly reckon that if we go into the season with Hamilton as number 1 that Ferrie will be our established first choice by the end of the season.

Thankfully we're only lumbered with Hamilton for one last (shortened) season and the misery will be over.

For the record I am in agreement we do need a new number 1. Geddes needs to gtf also. Remember just before start of game you could more or less tell every drill he was going to do. Id hate to see what shite goes on at training.

We need Forster to gtf also. He is an awful centre half. 

Midfield on paper seems our strongest point but when actually out there playing just seems all a clusterfuck.

However a new season is ahead of us.

Time to win the league 🙂

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Goalie is paramount and has been for years, yet we seem too hesitant to address it. I don't believe Hamilton is the man for the job, but I also don't believe Geddes is the man for the keeper coach job either.

To consistently get so little out of different players must be something to do with their training. These guys are professionals. They didn't accidentally become first keeper at a football club. We've changed players but the results between the sticks stay the same.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that. We've been privileged to have so many cracking keepers in my lifetime that are well above the standard of keeper of teams round about us. That changed when John Brown decided to punt Rab. Since then we've had one fantastic season from Scott Bain and a range of completely average keepers and extremely poor keepers.

Steve Simonsen - Alright in the spell we had him but later proved at Rangers he was a complete and utter liability.

Kyle Letheren - Lauded as a league winning hero by some, but realistically little more than a top flight back-up keeper.

Dan Twardzik - Just not a goalkeeper.

Elliot Parish - The very definition of a solid back-up keeper.

Jack Hamilton - Worst goalkeeper we've ever had IMO.

Conor Hazard - A laughing stock in his loan spells at Falkirk & Partick Thistle but deemed as decent for us simply down to how poor Hamilton is.

Not like Geddes has had a lot to work with (Bain a side). Different story if he has an input on which goalkeepers we sign but not sure he has.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Conor Hazard - A laughing stock in his loan spells at Falkirk & Partick Thistle but deemed as decent for us simply down to how poor Hamilton is.

Judging him more for his performances for other teams rather than those for Dundee, ffs...

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Judging him more for his performances for other teams rather than those for Dundee, ffs...

OK, judging him for Dundee he was still pretty pish and flogged at least 3 goals from memory. 

Better than Hamilton isn't a compliment.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

OK, judging him for Dundee he was still pretty pish and flogged at least 3 goals from memory. 

Better than Hamilton isn't a compliment.

Not to derail the conversation, but Hazard is absolutely fine as a keeper at this level. It'd be good to get a goalie better than fine, mind, but he was obviously a step up from Hamilton.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not to derail the conversation, but Hazard is absolutely fine as a keeper at this level. It'd be good to get a goalie better than fine, mind, but he was obviously a step up from Hamilton.

Almost a goal a game better than Hamilton, FWIW.

2020-08-28_15-38-52.jpg.bcaed29e7e11fa59170b1f9140b0d8fd.jpg

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly reckon that if we go into the season with Hamilton as number 1 that Ferrie will be our established first choice by the end of the season.

Thankfully we're only lumbered with Hamilton for one last (shortened) season and the misery will be over.

You've now tempted fate to the extent that McPake will offer him an extension 😂

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

For the record I am in agreement we do need a new number 1. Geddes needs to gtf also. Remember just before start of game you could more or less tell every drill he was going to do. Id hate to see what shite goes on at training.

We need Forster to gtf also. He is an awful centre half. 

Midfield on paper seems our strongest point but when actually out there playing just seems all a clusterfuck.

However a new season is ahead of us.

Time to win the league 🙂

Wha rattled your cage 😂😂👍

Dundee will be playing three, five fucking two. 

Also;

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Adam in every newspaper for the past three years - "I'll return to Scotland if the right club want me" - *insert multiple unsubtle hints about it being Rangers hes desperate to join

Dundee fans - "Its us! Hes coming home!"

Hot take from the analyst. 

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF