All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Anyone heard anything regarding some ( maybe a quite a few more ) youth coaches have been punted ?

Was this not rumoured to be happening a while back once the furlough scheme ended until crowds were back in the ground. 

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Was this not rumoured to be happening a while back once the furlough scheme ended until crowds were back in the ground. 

I had heard this before. I still only believe this shit until it happens. I'm no way in the know. Only way I'm ever in the know is through one younger player. 

Heard before Strachan was to be even more involved . ( if that meant some coaches got let go im unsure ) 

So will wait and see.

A signing soon would be lovely 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I had heard this before. I still only believe this shit until it happens. I'm no way in the know. Only way I'm ever in the know is through one younger player. 

Got it pretty much spot on though. 16 released, 12 to supposedly stay on as volunteers.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1532860/breaking-dundee-fc-axe-academy-staff-cost-cutting/

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Got it pretty much spot on though. 16 released, 12 to supposedly stay on as volunteers.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1532860/breaking-dundee-fc-axe-academy-staff-cost-cutting/

Yeah the person who I got it from told me his sons training had been cancelled and one parent seemed to know this was going to happen.

Few more things were said but aye think a few more lay offs still to happen.

Naturally it's horrible, but if we're scrapping some of the youth teams then it's only natural that there'd be fewer jobs. Fair play to the 12 that have agreed to stay on voluntarily. Hope an effort is made to re-employ these people when we're up and running again.

Don't know why a point has been made of Barry Smith being one of those let go - He's probably the most financially well off and has a pretty intense job as is being Dumbarton's assistant manager. Obviously he's one of our biggest legends of all time, but there'll be people hit harder than him during this process.

It's a shame folk are having to lose their jobs, it could have happened sooner truth be told but the club have kept folk receiving money through the furlough scheme. Hopefully they can pick up similar work elsewhere. 

Fair play to the guys doing it for hee haw, that's a terrific gesture and hopefully as soon as possible, they're given something to recognise their efforts. 

The piece about Barry Smith, unsurprisingly, is a load of shite. He deserves no more than anybody else just because he happened to play for the club more than any other coaches or was the manager when the club didn't get relegated. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Naturally it's horrible, but if we're scrapping some of the youth teams then it's only natural that there'd be fewer jobs. Fair play to the 12 that have agreed to stay on voluntarily. Hope an effort is made to re-employ these people when we're up and running again.

Don't know why a point has been made of Barry Smith being one of those let go - He's probably the most financially well off and has a pretty intense job as is being Dumbarton's assistant manager. Obviously he's one of our biggest legends of all time, but there'll be people hit harder than him during this process.

Wouldn't be the first time we have scrapped a whole youth team.

Wouldn't be the first time we brought coaches in and we let them go a few years later.

Would be handy if we made some money once in a while from any youngsters coming through. 

May 25 2020

Gordon Strachan: Ex-Scotland boss says too many clubs are not professional enough

Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan believes too many of the country's senior clubs are not professional enough.

Of the 42 member sides of the SPFL, 22 employ players on a full-time basis, while the remaining 20 are part-time.

Strachan thinks the lack of fully professional sides is holding the game back.

"If you want to be a professional club, show it," he told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.

"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

"The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment, in general, how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

August 25 2020: Dundee FC under technical director Gordon Strachan punt their paid academy coaches. Presumably he'll now hand in his resignation in protest at no longer representing one of the 'real' professional clubs in the country. He can hardly be a fully signed up executive at one of the tinpot diddy outfits holding the national game back, unless of course he was a grandstanding hypocrite all along.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

May 25 2020

August 25 2020: Dundee FC under technical director Gordon Strachan punt their paid academy coaches. Presumably he'll now hand in his resignation in protest at no longer representing one of the 'real' professional clubs in the country. He can hardly be a fully signed up executive at one of the tinpot diddy outfits holding the national game back, unless of course he was a grandstanding hypocrite all along.

Knew that comment would come back to bite the Ginger minxs on his arse!

23 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Actually surprised it wasn't a Fermer or a DAB gloating first.

Strange times indeed.....

It's not gloating at all. Dundee FC's decision is perfectly reasonable given the difficulty of continuing professional football under the ridiculous constraints imposed right now; Strachan's position on the other hand is surely untenable given his ridiculous intervention on this very issue though. He's made an utter fool of himself.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

It's not gloating at all. Dundee FC's decision is perfectly reasonable given the difficulty of continuing professional football under the ridiculous constraints imposed right now; Strachan's position on the other hand is surely untenable given his ridiculous intervention on this very issue though. He's made an utter fool of himself.

Untenable 😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just seen somebody say Smith hasn't been at the club since January. :lol:

Smith took a few coaching sessions for the under 17s last year. Last year he went from group to group mostly joining in helping younger coaches.

So no surprise he hasnt been about.

Same person says Strachan is a waste of a wage. Yet I believe many Dundee fans think otherwise. Plus side of Strachan seems to be he dosnt get paid. If that's the case then that isn't so bad. 

Edited by G_Man1985