All things Dundee FC

41 minutes ago, Girth said:

Decent little (tiny) club Accy. However, if we’re sniffing too, we can surely offer more money than they can!?

Their wage bill was roughly £3m back in 17/18 and they've since been promoted. To put that into context, Dave Cormack has said that Aberdeen's budget is £4m (Cut from £10m).

They've since been promoted and we had a wage bill of £3.5m in our last published accounts which has been slashed considerably since then.

So I'd imagine they can offer quite a bit more than us!

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Their wage bill was roughly £3m back in 17/18 and they've since been promoted. To put that into context, Dave Cormack has said that Aberdeen's budget is £4m (Cut from £10m).

They've since been promoted and we had a wage bill of £3.5m in our last published accounts which has been slashed considerably since then.

In fairness darlings, Stanley are now salary capped at £2.5 million pounds. 

Just now, MadFerret said:

In fairness darlings, Stanley are now salary capped at £2.5 million pounds. 

Which would still be significantly higher than the Scottish Championship average.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Which would still be significantly higher than the Scottish Championship average.

Sadly, you are correct. But when you think about it, the likes of Bolton Wanderers are in the fourth tier in England, Sunderland in the third and the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are in our top division.  Neither of these clubs are as big as most fourth tier English sides. 

26 minutes ago, MadFerret said:

Sadly, you are correct. But when you think about it, the likes of Bolton Wanderers are in the fourth tier in England, Sunderland in the third and the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are in our top division.  Neither of these clubs are as big as most fourth tier English sides. 

What's that got to do with how much Accrington Stanley can spend in comparison to Dundee?

24 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’m actually happy stanley is in for hazard cause I’m not sure I rate him saying he is an upgrade on what we got is like saying I’d rather get hit by a car than a bus

More chance of surviving getting hit by a car.

More chance of surviving/promotion with Hazard imo.

Christ. They only have about 6 fans.

4 hours ago, Girth said:

Christ. They only have about 6 fans.

Avg home attendance of 2,997, if they were one of the 42 SPFL teams in Scotland they would be the 16th most supported team, sandwiched between Livy & Partick.

Avg home attendance of 2,997, if they were one of the 42 SPFL teams in Scotland they would be the 16th most supported team, sandwiched between Livy & Partick.

They give away A LOT of free tickets