All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Right then, rumour from the lad on TDB who had us looking at Tony Watt a week after he signed for Motherwell, but he claimed it would be in the next day or two so at least we'll find out pretty quickly if it's shite.

Claiming that we'll be signing a defender from the Championship in the next 24-48 hours. Considering being the only player (aside from Callachan) associated with Dundee this preseason, if this is really it'd almost certainly be Lee Ashcroft.

Not really a stretch to think that we'll be signing a defender soon and the logic does point to Ashcroft. Still doesn't give the guy any credibility. I went through his posts and he just spouts complete nonsense which people seem to lap up.

If we do sign Ashcroft, I'd be happy with that. We need a leader of a CH though and whilst he was captain at Dunfermline, going by their opinions, I'm not sure he was that. I'd be happy with him in though - could do far worse.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It sums one club forums up that people started rallying round him! :lol:

He's a lunatic. 

"We're away to sign Ross McCormack" 

No, we're not. 

"He's had over £15m spent on him, I'm never posting my info here again!" 

"we're away to sign Tony Watt!" 

No, we're not. He signed a new deal at Motherwell last week. 

"I'm never posting here again!" 

"We're away to sign Simon Murray. He's been training here for two weeks, I know two of the players who played with him here last time" 

No, he's not. Which two players is that you know, considering there are only two still at the club? 

"I'm never posting here again!" 

"We're away to sign a defender." 

:lol:

Edit : and his "I think you'll find I have had more right than wrong!"

Current total right : 1

Current total wrong : c. 8.

Edited by Mr. Alli

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Might still be in for Tony Watt at this rate lol

Tbf whoever it is predicted yesterday that we were signing a defender who played in the championship last year in the next 24-48 hours. That’s not a bad stab in the dark if it was as it was definitely out of the blue. 

Murray and Mullen incoming then?

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Tbf whoever it is predicted yesterday that we were signing a defender who played in the championship last year in the next 24-48 hours. That’s not a bad stab in the dark if it was as it was definitely out of the blue. 

Murray and Mullen incoming then?

A different lad said he'd heard both were coming, though I think that'd be surprising.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some stats to ponder over

image.png.cf9f7979be20417f121f811231b39b11.png

Majority of dunfermline fans , bar one idiot posting on here , seem to suggest he needs someone experienced beside him.

He seems to be a decent championship player and hopefully was a cheap option. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Were you buzzing at the signing of McMannus?

Nope. We were never likely going to get someone as good as Niz but McManus did well during his first spell and I’m happy to have him back.

38 minutes ago, Dan Danger said:

^^^^^seething

Yup, I’ve been left in an furious rage that a guy not good enough for Dunfermline has signed for Dundee.