All things Dundee FC

This £5m 'out of town' stadium we were apparently building at the cost of £5m - was it going to be built from lego and meccano at that price? 

Also, I never realised Camperdown wasn't in Dundee. I'm learning a lot tonight. 

And again I quote from the owner

The Stadium. Project will go ahead no matter what league we are in date 2018

Big downfall can't pay the wages and sack a very experienced no 2  2020

My point is simple is the Owners/Board letting the loyal Dundee fc fans down 

Edited by weetoonlad

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

Answer my point is your club letting the fans down or are you happy with the current affairs at the club. Yes or No

I don't feel let down. Probably the best owners we've had in my lifetime (Not a lot of strong competition admittedly). Nelms does stuff that pisses the fans off on the odd occasion like appointing Jim McIntyre but I'd say that fan approval for Tim Keyes' ownership is still extremely high.

It appears that they've upset you more than they've upset any Dundee fans tbh.

5 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Answer my point is your club letting the fans down

On the pitch? Yeah, but that's happened with every owner I've seen.

Off the pitch? Not really, especially not in the face of this global crisis in which we have been thrown into with little preparation. The moves the club has made of late are very understandable and are of the same ilk as many other clubs. Their consistent support for the managers is something I've been pleased with from the start. The club has went into this crisis with no outstanding debt, managed to keep a decent amount of the team that we had and created the potential to perhaps add to the squad. And with their American shrewdness have a very specific insurance policy in place that has a good chance of offsetting some of the financial strains placed on the club by this pandemic.

So yeah. Question answered, off you f**k.

51 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Nothing to do with that. Don't pick from Google rubbish post the truth 

You said to go on google you absolute numb-wit.

eta. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

On the pitch? Yeah, but that's happened with every owner I've seen.

Off the pitch? Not really, especially not in the face of this global crisis in which we have been thrown into with little preparation. The moves the club has made of late are very understandable and are of the same ilk as many other clubs. Their consistent support for the managers is something I've been pleased with from the start. The club has went into this crisis with no outstanding debt, managed to keep a decent amount of the team that we had and created the potential to perhaps add to the squad. And with their American shrewdness have a very specific insurance policy in place that has a good chance of offsetting some of the financial strains placed on the club by this pandemic.

So yeah. Question answered, off you f**k.

No need to be nasty I feel your pain being the 2nd best team in the city 

Just now, Fifespud said:

This lad is clearly not the full shilling. I’m on my phone so what team does he support? I can almost tell by the illiterate shite he types but can anyone confirm?

He is or at least was, Alloa's stadium announcer but he's a Celtic fan IIRC.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This lad is clearly not the full shilling. I’m on my phone so what team does he support? I can almost tell by the illiterate shite he types but can anyone confirm?

God Full shilling. Nothing worse in life a fifer who's a Dundee fan. Shame 

I wouldn't be surprised if all the New Campy stuff was on pause for now. Not only will no-one at the club have the head space while they deal with a global pandemic, it's also prudent to go slow and think carefully about something reliant on events for its business case when hardly any events will be taking place for the foreseeable future.

If that's the case it's not letting the fans down, quite the opposite, it's being careful with our money and the club's future.