All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The hypocrisy of football fans never ceases to amaze me.

Seen a few so-called fans saying to the two (and then the one) to GTF.

If the roles were reversed these wankers would be the first to complain.

We are not talking about players on EPL or English Championship wages - many of them will be on a wage that is not much more than someone in a trade in Dundee - for a job that has a much shorrter life span.

It is dead easy to say they should accept a pay cut when you are not the person having to face that pay cut.

Fans who come away with that pish are invariably the same self-loathing roasters who spend games shouting abuse at their own players from start to finish. They are too ignorant to understand that whilst most fans would happily play for Dundee for nothing, the players themselves are not fans. They are employees, who shouldn't be having their terms and conditions trampled on and certainly shouldn't be told to "GTF" for standing up for themselves by mouth-breathing dafties. 

The Sun saying that it's Hemmings who has turned down the new terms. (According to someone on the other forum - I can't see it online yet)

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I reckon his neighbour is spot on, other than the fact that Shankland has been regularly photographed by United at training (I won’t post these images and poison the Dundee thread with pictures of his forehead).

He was grounded after taking a dozen off of McDaid live online. Had to miss first week of pre season. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I reckon his neighbour is spot on, other than the fact that Shankland has been regularly photographed by United at training (I won’t post these images and poison the Dundee thread with pictures of his forehead).

Thon forehaid has its own quarantine rules. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Quite surprised at that, to be honest. (If true) 

It was always going to be either a high earner who thinks they still have a significant transfer value or a high earner who absolutely knows they dont who was going to refuse, with the former more likely. Hemmings and Dorrans were always the most likely suspects.

Has the length of these wage cuts been stated anywhere? Are they for the remainder of their contracts, for the length of this season or until the season gets underway in October? I presume it’s for the season but haven’t read it anywhere. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Has the length of these wage cuts been stated anywhere? Are they for the remainder of their contracts, for the length of this season or until the season gets underway in October? I presume it’s for the season but haven’t read it anywhere. 

Based on McGowan's it's a 50% pay cut until football resumes at which point it'd reduce to a 25% pay cut with a promise that if the insurance comes in they'll receive any money lost. (The last part might not be true - I swore I read that somewhere but can't see anything now so could be making that up)

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Based on McGowan's it's a 50% pay cut until football resumes at which point it'd reduce to a 25% pay cut with a promise that if the insurance comes in they'll receive any money lost. (The last part might not be true - I swore I read that somewhere but can't see anything now so could be making that up)

No, that's wrong I think. McGowan signed a deal to lose 50% of his current wage up until October and then his new deal is on 75% of what his current one is. It read to me as if he negotiated a bigger loss in income now to get a higher salary than what was originally offered in his extension. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Way i read it is that its just a suspension of contract while football is suspended.

So it would end the moment you were allowed to start training again.

Realised I'm on about the wrong thing, ignore me.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah that’s correct about Gowser but he was out of contract anyway. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

No, that's wrong I think. McGowan signed a deal to lose 50% of his current wage up until October and then his new deal is on 75% of what his current one is. It read to me as if he negotiated a bigger loss in income now to get a higher salary than what was originally offered in his extension. 

That's what I meant. Just wrote it poorly.

Hemmings will be able to walk into a top flight club earning the money he was earning with us before the proposed cut one would think. One of the few players that it'd be a genuine blow to lose. Bit of a no brainer for him.

It was always going to be either a high earner who thinks they still have a significant transfer value or a high earner who absolutely knows they dont who was going to refuse, with the former more likely. Hemmings and Dorrans were always the most likely suspects.

Agreed, and it especially doesn’t surprise me it’s Hemmings. He’d definitely do a job at a lot of the teams in the premier and he is clearly happy to go south as well.

If he goes I say good luck to him. Tried bloody hard and would be a genuine loss.