All things Dundee FC

Having time to reflect on the news from last night I think the club has done the right thing. We’ve lost 25% of our league income so it’s either us fans that pay the full £360 for season tickets and take the hit or the players do. We’ve done more than our fare share down the years and now it’s up to the players. Virtually everyone working 25% less over a year would take a hit financially. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely shite, like I thought he'd be. A passenger, an imposter and an ugly bastirt to boot. 

Aye I'm of same thought.

He is an okay championship player. Is why we have him and fitted in perfect to the majority of shite bags we have in our team.

I thought he had his best spell in the team playing as the left wingback,not so sure he’d keep Marshall out of that position for long though. Wouldn’t might seeing how he’d play centrally off of the main striker because he’s got a good strike off of both feet. 

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Are they legally allowed to do this?

As far as I am aware they can only be asked to take a pay cut, they cannot be forced to take a pay cut.

If they attempt to suspend without pay then it is the club who will be in breach of contract not the players.

Not comfortable at all with this kind of threat.

Not while football is suspended by the SFA. Clause 12 allows for suspension of the contract in full.

They cant be forced to take a pay cut but they can potentially cancel the whole contract. 

What on earth did Lawwell promise Nelms to change his vote?

A merger could be the saviour of football in Dundee now.

As I've said all along, it seem to all have boiled down to Nelms being thick, incompetent and delusional and thinking that he could somehow use his vote as leverage. He then championed the fact that he had secured talks on reconstruction, despite the fact that reconstruction was always on the table as part of the resolution.