All things Dundee FC

For the record, I don't think anyone will say no to the cuts at the end of the day. The clause states the players not agreeing will in effect be 'suspended', which basically means either they take a pay cut, or they receive nothing but remain under contract. It's the same thing Hearts threatened earlier on. Maybe there's some grumbles which you would expect, but I'd imagine you'd rather get shot in the shoulder than shot in the heart.

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Big Vern was my favourite, always ended up with him blasting everyone with a sawn off shotgun.

Who was the one that had £1M to spend on a centre-forward and signed f#cking Mick Hucknall from Simply Red?

Jim McIntyre or Neil McCann, lol?

Regards

17 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Who was the one that had £1M to spend on a centre-forward and signed f#cking Mick Hucknall from Simply Red?

Jim McIntyre or Neil McCann, lol?

Regards

Terry Fuckwit would have been a bigger success in the dugout than Jim Fucking McIntyre. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thay article looks like a massive load of bollocks.

Should be noted that there's no figure on the cuts. Could be 10%, could be 50%. More likely closer to the former. 

The article also claims revenue will be down 50%. That's a mental figure and surely total shite.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Thay article looks like a massive load of bollocks.

Should be noted that there's no figure on the cuts. Could be 10%, could be 50%. More likely closer to the former. 

The article also claims revenue will be down 50%. That's a mental figure and surely total shite.

BBC now reporting it too.

Grim reality to this pandemic I'm afraid. We have no income coming in (apart from season ticket sales) and it's in the players contracts that there pay can be stopped or reduced if the sfa stop football. Obviously its not nice but its not the clubs fault and people have to remember that we were one of a few clubs that were paying players 20% of there wages when they were furloughed to make sure they got 100% pay so hopefully some of the players will give something back. If not and they want to leave that's fair enough and nobody can argue with that as like all of us they have bills etc to pay and if they leave we should wish them all the best and try replace them as best as we can. 

This isn't unprecedented in this crisis for Scottish football, as Hearts went through the same demands before. It's just made worse-sounding because the deadline is tonight. The players will likely have been told in advance about the deadline, but the reports have only just discovered said deadline is tonight.

I don't think there will be any saying no past midnight tonight anyway.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

BBC a bit more reputable than the Sun, to some...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53369704

Are they really?

They definitely used to be, but look at their output now, especially BBC Scotland football.

Although the story is clearly true, but my points about it remain.