All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ah, yes. We should have foreseen a worldwide pandemic, budgeted for relegation and just moved to another stadium with lower rent. 

How much do you charge per hour for these words of wisdom? 

Dunno like, you could've just paid players less so you weren't counting on your owner underwriting losses every year until he got bored. 

Probably would've been easier tbh. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Dunno like, you could've just paid players less so you weren't counting on your owner underwriting losses every year until he got bored. 

Most of those losses have been on rent and maintenance of the stadium. :1eye

Just now, Grant228 said:

You can be more worried about Dunfermline if you want, I'm not. We 

You can be more worried about Dunfermline all you want, I'm not. We got advised not to keep players on so we didn't. As did most other clubs. 

Ah yes, the good Dundee book of finances.

I mean, that's never blew up in your face before has it? 

You're having an absolute mare here. Every club and business that goes bust due to the Coronavirus pandemic should have just 'lived within their means' by your logic. I don't think you quite grasp how accounts work tbh.

Most other clubs? You mean like Celtic, Dundee United, Hamilton, Ayr United etc.

No, it's not. Not in the 7 year Keyes has owned the club. Fucking hell Grant.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Most of those losses have been on rent and maintenance of the stadium. :1eye

Aye, because no other club has to budget for rent and maintenance of a stadium when they're doing their budgets, now it makes sense why you're always posting losses! 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're having an absolute mare here. Every club and business that goes bust due to the Coronavirus pandemic should have just 'lived within their means' by your logic. I don't think you quite grasp how accounts work tbh.

Most other clubs? You mean like Celtic, Dundee United, Hamilton, Ayr United etc.

No, it's not. Not in the 7 year Keyes has owned the club. Fucking hell Grant.

No, but when you run the financial model that Dundee do, where you know, if one guy gets bored, or losses allot of money you're in the shite, you're probably more susceptible. 

I mean most other clubs, their were allot more than just Dunfermline that released players, you seem particularly invested in this subject so I'm sure you know exactly who did, and didn't release players. 

Christ it's been good for 7 years? The good times will never end! 

Speak to you later boys, I'm sure this is all gonna be OK x

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, because no other club has to budget for rent and maintenance of a stadium when they're doing their budgets, now it makes sense why you're always posting losses! 

No, but when you run the financial model that Dundee do, where you know, if one guy gets bored, or losses allot of money you're in the shite, you're probably more susceptible. 

I mean most other clubs, their were allot more than just Dunfermline that released players, you seem particularly invested in this subject so I'm sure you know exactly who did, and didn't release players. 

Christ it's been good for 7 years? The good times will never end! 

Speak to you later boys, I'm sure this is all gonna be OK x

You clearly don't understand what you're talking about so it probably is best you left it considering you've made a c**t of yourself when there probably was the opportunity to have an easy pot shot at the club just now. Jeezo.

I'm sure someone else will 'score' where you've spectacularly failed.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought you were coming back later, not instantly.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Thought you fucked off?

Oh I wasn't actually going anywhere, it just seemed like you lot needed some time alone to cuddle each other and say that this time is different. 

That and the Brentford game kicks off at 1945. 

51 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Worrying times indeed mate over 5000 season tickets sold compared to your 350, and now this 30% pay cut ⏰

Not all well on your patch despite alleged 5K season tickets, you seem to have forgotten £3M losses posted and this Tuesday's court dealings. Your goalie coach who was part time last season is now a delivery driver despite being told if you got promoted he would be full time next season, that's only one example

9 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Not all well on your patch despite alleged 5K season tickets, you seem to have forgotten £3M losses posted and this Tuesday's court dealings. Your goalie coach who was part time last season is now a delivery driver despite being told if you got promoted he would be full time next season, that's only one example

3 Million loses, that’ll be because we basically had 2 teams last season which was needed (worked perfect for this season 😃), plus buying back tannadice doing up tannadice, buying back gussie park! What goalie coach? Our goalie coach is Neil Alexander 

court case will be fine mate don’t you worry about it 

Neil Alexander? Would have thought he might have made enough through football to not have to worry about getting another job. Thought he was full-time with us as well. I don’t know, he’s someone on the coaching staff I’ve never paid much attention to.

As a general point, this goading of clubs about finances during this current pandemic isn’t something I am taking any enjoyment out of. It’s another shit by-product of the whole situation, fans having a wee wind up regarding money. People are losing businesses, jobs and more, plus society in the wider context is looking pretty grim economically (and just in general). Scottish football is so fragile in terms of cash flow and we don’t have the luxury of leagues like the Bundesliga who, despite COVID-19, are still rolling in oceans of cash. I fear we are still at the very beginning of this and that Scottish football still has a lot of horrible, horrible shit to come.

I love a bit of back and forth about football stuff but personally this financial “haha, look at them” circus doesn’t sit well with me (especially given that none of us really know the actual finances behind the headlines and rumours).

I know nobody asked for my opinion on the matter, but that’s what I think.

Anyway, Nelms has shares in 71 Brewing does he not? I’ve been making substantial contribution to that business these last few months, so there is that.