All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He wasn't too bad in the first team, either. Sadly for him, he wasn't imposing enough to be the main striker at 17/18/19 so we decided the thing to do, to bring him on, was to put a relatively slow player out on the wing and then become bemused with his performances then sell him for a profit. 

I've said it a few times, he'd excel on the continent where he has a slightest few seconds more on the ball and teams generally sit off you more. His vision is great - he just goes missing in games when boys are volleying him and bungling him over every two minutes. As a second striker or an advanced central midfielder, he has the ability to tie boys in knots. 

I'd agree with this. He is one of the examples where he really would be more suited to Scottish football if he was a stone or two heavier and a bit stronger. I think he'd probably even perform better down in England, because although they're not exactly shy in booting folk down there either, they do tend to play at a slower pace and be a wee bit less blood and thunder than up here.

I thought his long-term future was as a #10 type sitting off the striker, but McCann didn't even use Scot Allan in that role, and we've watched Gowser trying to play it for the last few years. I think if Wighton was given that freedom to just sit in the gap between the midfield and striker, and drift around finding space to take the ball and have time on it, he'd be far more effective than he was stuck out wide and trying to go past people.

It was just one month extensions they signed, aye?
If so I'd imagine we'll find out in the next few days, since the expiry would be next Tuesday

I think a few teams have extended until the end of July including us. Is it not possible you’ll have done the same?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think a few teams have extended until the end of July including us. Is it not possible you’ll have done the same?

Their current extention is until June 30th. If they still can't work out a deal due to furlough you'd imagine we extend them through July like you say.

Currently around 10% of our usual figure regarding ST's. We sold roughly about 3500 last year so that would suggest around about 350 ST's sold. Compare that to Hibs/Hearts/United and that's very poor. Hopefully Tommy gets heavily promoting them on social media club channels as now that things are slightly more clear we should make significant progress on that front. (I'm purchasing mine come payday)

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

We can confirm assistant manager Jimmy Nicholl and first team sports scientist Cammy McDermid have today left the club 

Hopefully get someone along side Mcpake with experience 

That'll be a cost cutting measure. Dave Mackay was assistant in all but name in any case.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Currently around 10% of our usual figure regarding ST's. We sold roughly about 3500 last year so that would suggest around about 350 ST's sold. Compare that to Hibs/Hearts/United and that's very poor. Hopefully Tommy gets heavily promoting them on social media club channels as now that things are slightly more clear we should make significant progress on that front. (I'm purchasing mine come payday)

How long have the STs been on sale for?

Even comparing to the likes of us and St Mirren that seems wildly low. Obviously the Championship has far more uncertainty but the trend in the Premiership seems to have been an uptick in early sales.

St Mirren's update on the 23rd has them over 2000 and our last update on STs was 30th May "Over 2,000 of you have already got your tickets for the campaign, far surpassing sales figures at this stage in normal years."

The initial comparison we put out was April 20th:

Firstly, a huge thank you to all of our supporters who have already bought season tickets.

We are massively ahead of where we were last year. As of this morning, we have sold approximately 1,000 tickets, many of them new season ticket holders, as well as fans renewing from last year.

Those sales compare with 187 in the same time period last year, demonstrating how much our fans have stepped up during exceptional times to back us.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

How long have the STs been on sale for?

Since the 4th March. Although Nelms may only be taking the 'new' launch of tickets into consideration since we had to suspend sales and revamp the pricing structure and are still in the process of agreeing refunds.

The second launch was 19th June.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since the 4th March. Although Nelms may only be taking the 'new' launch of tickets into consideration since we had to suspend sales and revamp the pricing structure and are still in the process of agreeing refunds.

The second launch was 19th June.

That would make a lot more sense tbh.

I thought Jimmy Nicholl’s days were numbered at the start of February down at Morton when he spent around half of halftime sat in the away dugout on his own. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see everyone who got a short contract  this summer being released as well unfortunately.