All things Dundee FC

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Countries such as Costa Rica and Uruguay, with smaller populations than ours and genuinely no money in their domestic leagues, (another palpably ridiculous oft-made claim about the Scottish game), can progress to the latter stages of the World Cup, tells you everything. We are the outlier, our total and long-standing lack of success is the evidence. We are the ones who are 'doing it wrong', yet so many in Scotland still won't admit it.

Uruguay has no money in their domestic leagues?
Penarol transfers - Sold 15 3 players of a total of 15 million last year, year before was 6 million, year before that was 8 million, year before that was 7 million
Nacional transfers -  Made a profit of 12 million last season, season before just the 2 million, season before just the 3 million, however few seasons before made 6 million on 1 player
Danubio transfers - Last season a profit of 3 million,  season before that just under a million, season before that 2 million, next 3 seasons before that a total of just over 6 million

Uruguay league is bigger than the Scottish league, they have money ( certainly just like us with our big teams. difference is their players head for Europe or another team in South America

Listening to Matt Lockwood is quite amusing. Once he gets into it his eccentricities are quite amusing although he isn't necessarily wrong.

Says it's Bomber's fault that his Dundee career came to an end. Pinpoints that Stephen Hughes debut game against Falkirk where we got smashed. Says Bomber wanted to play 3-5-2 after not spending a second on it in the build-up, told Lockwood he'd be playing sweeper and Willie Dyer would go to LB. After the game, he says Bomber punished him for Bomber lacking tactically saying Willie Dyer done alright at LB so he was keeping him there which was the game against Alloa where he eventually left.

Hartley comes in and says he's keeping it exactly the same as the week prior so Lockwood never gets a look in again and that's that.

He then goes on to speculate that Hartley might have ended his Dundee career because he knew that Lockwood applied to be our manager and knows that he would've got us promoted so might be a bit annoyed. Said he phoned Gardiner and said if he's put in charge he'd have guaranteed us promotion. 'The job is so simple and I know what needs to be done.' - His exact wording. Hartley had zero time for him after he was appointed.

Goes on to say the stretch bands that Hartley introduced were just for show and were a lot of nonsense and was just for the fans. 'Hartley came in when we were 5 clear and we ended up winning on the last day. We actually got worse. Paul Hartley was severely lacking in man management and ended up getting sacked because he fell out with too many players.'

Scot Gardiner/Paul Hartley also put the announcement up on the website that he wasn't getting a new deal and Lockwood never found out about it. Harry Mac phoned Lockwood when he wasn't even at the club to tell him best of luck. Lockwood says he felt like turning up for pre-season just out of spite since he was never told.

Says he wants to become a manager and has applied for the Dundee job a few times now. Has no interest in youth coaching so sees his only in at a club he was successful at being Leyton Orient and Dundee, but that's not came about as of yet so he's looking at other opportunities and he looks around sees some managers and is like how the hell have they got a job.

Not sure I understand the logic that part time teams shouldn’t mix it with full time. You either have a completely closed shop below the top 20 like we’ve had for years below league 2 which I’m not sure anyone likes, or you have a set up where part time and full time teams play against each other.

If they play each other, part time teams finishing ahead of full time is inevitable reasonably often, as currently, Arbroath and Alloa have the majority of the best part time players. These guys can often be part time for financial reasons rather than ability and with the right mix can easily compete with the worst full time teams.

Also feel like it’s tad pointless saying these clubs shouldn’t be part of the professional set up. Regardless of how the divisions are structured you’re going to have the same teams at similar levels to what they already are. I’m sure going from 42 main clubs with 30ish in the pyramid below, to 20 with 52 in the pyramid below is going to change everything...

Final musing on the Matt Lockwood podcast - Goes on about Bomber when he first joined came into the changing room and shook everyone's hand. Lockwood says Bomber made a point of crushing everyone's hand to show exactly who was in charge. :lol:

The number of sides is not the issue - it's 2 clubs taking the vast majority of monies the game earns and leaving the rest with the crumbs to pick that is the problem.

We had a chance years ago to end this but blew it when we let the zombie club back in.

10 minutes ago, Ylf said:

tom english slating the mighty dee on sportsound regarding strachan comments. mentions our admins and john nelms behaviour. guys a fud

Same mentality as moral high ground Falkirk fans on their thread.

"How dare he speak of the problems of Scottish football, when he works for a club that went into admin twice!!!!1!!1"

Mum is a season ticket holder for years and goes to away games when she can too.

We had a lot planned for her 80th today but with lockdown as it is we've had to postpone the party, think she was a bit down but James McPake just called to wish her happy birthday and her day is made.

Well done Dundee and James.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Any idea if we have shifted any season tickets?

I've seen a good few people post that they have renewed.

I would like to but I'm waiting on the refund situation to pan out. I'm sure there will be many a "not a real fan" opinions in taking a refund, but the insurer will no doubt take early renewals as income generated so reduce the payout or something equally ridiculous.

Also waiting on it being an allocated pot with the insurer recouping unclaimed money back from the club.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

My plan was to take a refund and put it towards the cash of buying one for this coming season.

Same, money would be going back into the club from me regardless if it were refunded or not.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Same, money would be going back into the club from me regardless if it were refunded or not.

I was going to potentially miss a season to enjoy it as it was meant to be, shoulder to shoulder, but the Mrs had heart FM on this morning and higher love came on. 

Instantly transported back to my seat. Miss it dearly.