All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

He's not far wrong with his assertion tbh. Never seen you this negative.

I like to think I’m realistic when it comes to our club and form my own opinion whether that’s good or bad in terms of how we are doing. Obviously I’m a shite fan tho because I’m not a happy clapper.  Doesn’t matter whether I travel the country going to around 85% of the games season in season out, backing the team on the park or heaven help me if the mrs finds out what I/us put into the coffers during both administrations like many others. For what it’s worth I backed  Hartley and McCann to the hilt but the last 18 months are as bad as it’s been imo. Last season was a disaster. Ross County won it at a canter the year they came down but we were out of the running for the league in September. Binning the manager isn’t clearing the decks. Keep the starting 11 together from the end of January and get a competent manager in. I hope I’m wrong about McPake. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Aye but i had something like 20-odd years of regular attendance prior to that so negativity is pretty much ingrained 😂

This includes seeing most of the Kernaghan season. f**k me that was murder. 

A lot will depend on which clubs retain which managers. Anyone able to form a squad of relative jobbers into a hard to beat outfit is going to be absolute gold the longer this goes on and skinter clubs get. I just don't think McPake is, or will ever be that good a manager. I feel he was thrown in far too early and should have had longer coaching the younger players and gradually learning off a more experience guy, but that's by-the-by now. Berra was one player who seemed to come in and make a difference but there's surely no danger we'll still have him next season. 

I think all players on all levels will have to accept some sort of dip in expectant salary when signing for a new club next season, if we can still offer the same level as where we are now, we should be in with a chance of a half decent squad for next season.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

we should be in with a chance of a half decent squad for next season.

There is talk we are offering Simon Murray a deal. 

We will need to sign fucking Messi to bring it back up to 'half decent' if that goes through. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I like to think I’m realistic when it comes to our club and form my own opinion whether that’s good or bad in terms of how we are doing. Obviously I’m a shite fan tho because I’m not a happy clapper.  Doesn’t matter whether I travel the country going to around 85% of the games season in season out, backing the team on the park or heaven help me if the mrs finds out what I/us put into the coffers during both administrations like many others. For what it’s worth I backed  Hartley and McCann to the hilt but the last 18 months are as bad as it’s been imo. Last season was a disaster. Ross County won it at a canter the year they came down but we were out of the running for the league in September. Binning the manager isn’t clearing the decks. Keep the starting 11 together from the end of January and get a competent manager in. I hope I’m wrong about McPake. 

I apologise over the "Some fan you are" line, as it was petty and out of frustration, but just because I have faith doesn't mean I'm a 'happy clapper'. Clearly we have different tolerance levels for our current situation, and we won't know who is right until either we're promoted or McPake is sacked,and I'm good with that. I'm not going to accept mockery for thinking differently though.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

There is talk we are offering Simon Murray a deal. 

We will need to sign fucking Messi to bring it back up to 'half decent' if that goes through. 

I thought Murray did quite well when he was last with us. 

All I am thinking is if Premiership clubs are forced into offering reduced salaries on new contracts but we can offer the same as now, then we might be a better option.

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I apologise over the "Some fan you are" line, as it was petty and out of frustration, but just because I have faith doesn't mean I'm a 'happy clapper'. Clearly we have different tolerance levels for our current situation, and we won't know who is right until either we're promoted or McPake is sacked,and I'm good with that. I'm not going to accept mockery for thinking differently though.

Are you not 😂 the FFS Ross comment was in regards to the negative mark. Dinnae spit the dummy out when people think the exact opposite to you, it’s only opinions 😂

As for the manager not 1 Dundee supporter I talk to think he’s doing a good job and most think it’s down to finances why he wasn’t punted. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

As for the manager not 1 Dundee supporter I talk to think he’s doing a good job and most think it’s down to finances why he wasn’t punted. 

Good reasoned discussion on both sides going on here.  Probably more considered and certainly more earnest than the league reconstruction discussions.

Let’s turn this 180.  Is there anyone on here who genuinely thinks McPakes appointment was anything other than to do with finances?*  Particularly given the fact that after punting McCann Nelms had stated the criteria for a manager at the club had changed and that they would now look for someone with experience.

* Nelms thinking McPake would be an improvement on McIntyre is not a valid argument 😂

17 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Let’s turn this 180.  Is there anyone on here who genuinely thinks McPakes appointment was anything other than to do with finances?   

I think a lot of eggs were put in one basket with Strachan. I don't think McPake was first choice but I also don't think he was chosen purely because he was the cheapest option either. 

The Americans fucked up, big time, with McIntyre. McPake never really redeemed them from that but I think they stayed calm and never just chucked (another) shit load on it. 

In short : He gets another shot at it. Give Fin more game time and build the fucking team around him. 

Today’s Courier.  I’m going to put the Glen Kamara deal into the “not so good deal” category.

I fully understand we were desperate to bring in the £50k to allow McIntyre to, ahem, strengthen the team but long term I think it reinforces the belief that low bids will be accepted at Dens. *

* I know his contract was running out but sometimes you have to write off money in the short term for the good of the business long term.

CC72496C-2AE6-4D49-9E28-64FAFBACC851.jpeg

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Today’s Courier.  I’m going to put the Glen Kamara deal into the “not so good deal” category.

I fully understand we were desperate to bring in the £50k to allow McIntyre to, ahem, strengthen the team but long term I think it reinforces the belief that low bids will be accepted at Dens. *

* I know his contract was running out but sometimes you have to write off money in the short term for the good of the business long term.

CC72496C-2AE6-4D49-9E28-64FAFBACC851.jpeg

Aye, one of the biggest mismanagements in our history. The stench caused by the DAB will linger around the club for a while yet.

Scot Gardiner gunning for John Nelms in his latest statement:

'We believe that serious questions remain over the actions of the MD of one club during the now infamous vote on April 10th and what happened between the submission of their legally binding ‘No’ vote before the fake 5pm deadline and 5 days later when they became the only club out of 42 to have “negotiations” with the CEO and Chairman of the SPFL and with “big hitters” or persons unknown, before being allowed to vote for a second time. This time to carry the SPFL Board’s resolution with a Yes vote. A genuinely independent investigation is the only possible route to try and uncover what happened and it may or may not reveal the reasoning behind their apparently contradictory statements since then. '

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

'We believe that serious questions remain over the actions of the MD of one club during the now infamous vote on April 10th and what happened between the submission of their legally binding ‘No’ vote before the fake 5pm deadline and 5 days later when they became the only club out of 42 to have “negotiations” with the CEO and Chairman of the SPFL and with “big hitters” or persons unknown, before being allowed to vote for a second time. This time to carry the SPFL Board’s resolution with a Yes vote. A genuinely independent investigation is the only possible route to try and uncover what happened and it may or may not reveal the reasoning behind their apparently contradictory statements since then. '

It does seem bizarre to say the least that having (presumably) carefully considered how to vote Nelms and the board decided that all things considered they should vote “NO”.  Thereafter with only the basic and simple promise of talks that were NEVER going to succeed Nelms decides to change the vote to “YES”.

I think he said in one of the subsequent interviews that he realised how much damage could be done to Scottish football if the resolution did not pass.  This was information he must have known about prior to the initial “NO” vote as he claims to have spoken to numerous chairmen, and others, before the initial vote.  Nelms would also have known that most were intending to vote “YES”.

ETA: Just a thought and it will need someone more financially clued up than I am to answer  it.  Could it be that if Dundee were seen to be holding up the payment of money due that would in some way effect the business interruption insurance policy?  Either by way of non payment or delayed payment?

Edited by Shadow Play

4 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dundee Fc shafted all teams in Scotland. They should be demoted to the  lowland league.