All things Dundee FC

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I see the Dutch know how to run a league properly. 

15 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Worthy of note that the Dutch league league consulted with interested parties as to whether there should be “promotion and relegation” or “no promotion and no relegation”.  

And twice as many clubs voted for promotion/relegation than against it, yet their league just forced through what they wanted anyway.

Bit ironic you're claiming that's a better method than having a vote and then using it to decide.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, the Dutch consulted with the clubs but there was no vote or even a consensus so they went ahead and made their own decision. I'm not convinced that's so democratic - the poor cnuts at the top of the 2nd tier certainly don't think so.

If we get reconstruction and Hearts, Partick and Stranraer stay up I'll say we got the right result. If not, we've fucked it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

And twice as many clubs voted for promotion/relegation than against it, yet their league just forced through what they wanted anyway.

Bit ironic you're claiming that's a better method than having a vote and then using it to decide.

I’m more than happy to be directed to the 1/3 v 2/3 split you mention RG.  I took the following line from the Guardian to mean all teams had been consulted. I also understand that 9 of the top division teams abstained.  Not trying to be snide, just trying to get my head around what took place, given the eufa have shown their usual lack of meaningful leadership.

After a vote was split on determining the best way to resolve promotion and relegation, the KNVB was given authority to make a determining decision

Edited by Shadow Play

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m more than happy to be directed to the 1/3 v 2/3 split you mention RG.  I took the following line from the Guardian to mean all teams had been consulted. I also understand that 9 of the top division teams abstained.  Not trying to be snide, just trying to get my head around what took place, given the eufa have shown their usual lack of meaningful leadership.

After a vote was split on determining the best way to resolve promotion and relegation, the KNVB was given authority to make a determining decision

Come on RG.  You can’t just drop a stat bomb and walk away.  Makes it look like you were just plucking figures out of the air.   We all know you jump at any opportunity, whether invited or not, to contribute to the Dundee thread of P&B.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Come on RG.  You can’t just drop a stat bomb and walk away.  Makes it look like you were just plucking figures out of the air.   We all know you jump at any opportunity, whether invited or not, to contribute to the Dundee thread of P&B.

16 clubs voted for Promotion/Relegation, 9 clubs voted against it.

The rest abstained saying they wanted to wait longer before deciding either way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8254291/amp/Hollands-flight-Eredivisie-agree-SCRAP-season-title-left-vacant.html

The Dutch FA then just took control, after telling clubs reconstruction wouldnt even be talked about as an option.

Just curious why people think that's a better way to run your game.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

16 clubs voted for Promotion/Relegation, 9 clubs voted against it.

The rest abstained saying they wanted to wait longer before deciding either way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8254291/amp/Hollands-flight-Eredivisie-agree-SCRAP-season-title-left-vacant.html

The Dutch FA then just took control, after telling clubs reconstruction wouldnt even be talked about as an option.

Just curious why people think that's a better way to run your game.

Cheers RG.  Your link to the Daily Mail is the most detailed article I can find on the subject.

16 for promotion and relegation, 9 against and 9 abstaining.  So if the Dutch followed the SPFL rules there would not be a suitable majority for either option.  

On reflection I think what the Dutch should have done is promised meaningful talks on league reconstruction then simply let those talks fail just like we are going to do here in Scotland 😮

Edited by Shadow Play

17 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Cheers RG.  Your link to the Daily Mail is the most detailed article I can find on the subject.

16 for promotion and relegation, 9 against and 9 abstaining.  So if the Dutch followed the SPFL rules there would not be a suitable majority for either option.  

On reflection I think what the Dutch should have done is promised meaningful talks on league reconstruction then simply let those talks fail just like we are going to do here in Scotland 😮

Just looking at these numbers, the Dutch  FA could have been forgiven for going for promotion and relegation as it was the most popular option.  On the other hand, 18 clubs, a majority,  didn't vote for it.  

So, f**k knows.  

Edited by hk blues

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Switch don't look like being our sponsor as when we unveiled the home kit they said they were still looking.

Paving the way for the big return (and I'm not talking about Greg Stewart)...

The Forfar Roof Truss Co - MiTek UK and Ireland

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Actually with crisp n’ dry being an actual brand it’s got me wondering what’s the worst one we’ve had ?and what’s the worst one we COULD have?

Also is there a brand that would be considered too far like lovehunny or durex that would cause outrage? Considering we are more than happy to have betting companies and breweries

Now I’m not at all that articulate but I’m sure you know what I’m getting at

Actually with crisp n’ dry being an actual brand it’s got me wondering what’s the worst one we’ve had ?and what’s the worst one we COULD have?

Also is there a brand that would be considered too far like lovehunny or durex that would cause outrage? Considering we are more than happy to have betting companies and breweries

Now I’m not at all that articulate but I’m sure you know what I’m getting at
Worst we've had? Hangar Records. Pish logo.

Forfar Roof Truss is the only correct answer for worst.

I'm not a fan of Switch's multicolour either. Kilmac were forced to change for less. Not a fan of the Signatures4U logo either.

dundee_2007-2008-h.gif