All things Dundee FC

Now Mr. Keyes, I understand these are difficult financial times for all of us. That being said...
image.thumb.png.2fc802a513b1c966eee18cf811c7dc93.png
image.png.097c5e9a3c3becfec8a11fa686ebc7ce.png

Cheeky b*****ds. They got him for fuçk all. They’d have to pay him off to get rid in Scotland with the wages he’s on. Funny how he seems to excel at some clubs and fail at others.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Cheeky b*****ds. They got him for fuçk all. They’d have to pay him off to get rid in Scotland with the wages he’s on. Funny how he seems to excel at some clubs and fail at others.

This things is that he's not even done bad at all for them. Considering he's not been started since last October his stats are pretty decent.

Top flight spot next season due to league reconstruction, Gorgeous Greg back in dark blue where he belongs and a keeper who can actually positively stop goals being conceded, rather than deliberately contributing to them being scored. That's all we need to keep us happy....

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Top flight spot next season due to league reconstruction, Gorgeous Greg back in dark blue where he belongs and a keeper who can actually positively stop goals being conceded, rather than deliberately contributing to them being scored. That's all we need to keep us happy....

We've got one of 3 already.IMG_20200423_112526.jpg.3d703998aba6b02ae4d8cc8e5954eab9.jpg

Things I discovered about my club today because I'm bored...

Wikipedia's featured article today is on the 1927 FA Cup Final on its 93rd anniversary, in which Cardiff City beat Arsenal 1-0 to win and become the only non-English team to win the cup. Clicked on it as I have nothing better to do today. The lone goal was scored by one Hughie Ferguson, one of 3 Scottish players for Cardiff. Intrigued about a Scottish FA Cup goalscorer and winner, I clicked on his page only to find out his last club was actually in fact Dundee, which I was pleasantly surprised at. What I did not find so pleasant though was that Ferguson had actually slipped into a deep depression by this time and committed suicide... while playing for Dundee... by gassing himself at Dens Park after a training session in 1930.

Apparently the story told by his family is that Ferguson was suffering from inner ear imbalance possibly caused by an undiagnosed brain tumor that caused him to often fall down. His constant falling led to heckling from Dundee fans, which of course would not have helped someone in depression. The popular narrative in the media though was that it was wholly due to the abuse from the Dens Park stands.

A weird connection I was not aware of until today, and suitably grim for these worrying times. However, I feel there's a lesson in this story about reacting to individual players as a fanbase. Or maybe not, I don't know, I didn't expect to find any sort of lesson from a Wikipedia featured article, but here we are.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Is COVID-19 going to affect the new stadium?

One would have to imagine so.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Certain posters will find that offensive.

I am not one of them.

No, because you'll be too busy queuing to get in ya old b*****d.

Not a chance that next season will be starting, all the money the DAB's have spunked has been a pointless waste of effort, do you have insurance Ogren? to cover the eternal cash pit. Hopefully not.

Thank you.

Things I discovered about my club today because I'm bored...
Wikipedia's featured article today is on the 1927 FA Cup Final on its 93rd anniversary, in which Cardiff City beat Arsenal 1-0 to win and become the only non-English team to win the cup. Clicked on it as I have nothing better to do today. The lone goal was scored by one Hughie Ferguson, one of 3 Scottish players for Cardiff. Intrigued about a Scottish FA Cup goalscorer and winner, I clicked on his page only to find out his last club was actually in fact Dundee, which I was pleasantly surprised at. What I did not find so pleasant though was that Ferguson had actually slipped into a deep depression by this time and committed suicide... while playing for Dundee... by gassing himself at Dens Park after a training session in 1930.
Apparently the story told by his family is that Ferguson was suffering from inner ear imbalance possibly caused by an undiagnosed brain tumor that caused him to often fall down. His constant falling led to heckling from Dundee fans, which of course would not have helped someone in depression. The popular narrative in the media though was that it was wholly due to the abuse from the Dens Park stands.
A weird connection I was not aware of until today, and suitably grim for these worrying times. However, I feel there's a lesson in this story about reacting to individual players as a fanbase. Or maybe not, I don't know, I didn't expect to find any sort of lesson from a Wikipedia featured article, but here we are.

Pretty sad story. You’re right about the abuse certain players get. Maybe it will all be different after the virus but I doubt it.

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I see the Dutch know how to run a league properly. 

What happens if the Scottish top flight null and voids the season the exact same way as the Dutch 🤔

It can't due to the lower leagues already being decided, unless reconstruction happens.

29 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What happens if the Scottish top flight null and voids the season the exact same way as the Dutch 🤔

The Championship and Leagues1 & 2 could not be declared null and void like the Dutch league because the SPFL telt us that wisnae an option. 

Worthy of note that the Dutch league league consulted with interested parties as to whether there should be “promotion and relegation” or “no promotion and no relegation”.  Here is Scotland we effectively get told there’s only one option you can vote for and you better vote for it or clubs may go bust.  

You really couldn’t make it up with Scottish football.

54 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That was the only way to go, null and void the whole lot, but no, we've got this farce, orchestrated by puppets and muppets.

13 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

The Championship and Leagues1 & 2 could not be declared null and void like the Dutch league because the SPFL telt us that wisnae an option. 

Worthy of note that the Dutch league league consulted with interested parties as to whether there should be “promotion and relegation” or “no promotion and no relegation”.  Here is Scotland we effectively get told there’s only one option you can vote for and you better vote for it or clubs may go bust.  

You really couldn’t make it up with Scottish football.

To be fair, the Dutch consulted with the clubs but there was no vote or even a consensus so they went ahead and made their own decision. I'm not convinced that's so democratic - the poor cnuts at the top of the 2nd tier certainly don't think so.

If we get reconstruction and Hearts, Partick and Stranraer stay up I'll say we got the right result. If not, we've fucked it.