All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

How can anyone tell at this stage if Nelms has done well?  He has managed to push for league reconstruction discussions - with no guarantee these discussions will come to anything.

If anyone genuinely believes AT THIS STAGE Nelms has done well I have an offer for you.  Pay for a season ticket for me for hospitality at Dens in the coming season and I will enter into discussions about paying you £10k - with no guarantee these discussions will come to anything.

What else could have he done with the position we were in?

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

What else could have he done with the position we were in?

As I’ve said previously.  Explain that we had another approximately 20 days to cast our vote and insist the discussions about league reconstruction took place and were concluded in that time. 

So as to not be unreasonable if that request was refused explain our vote would have to be “NO”.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

As I’ve said previously.  Explain that we had another approximately 20 days to cast our vote and insist the discussions about league reconstruction took place and were concluded in that time. 

So as to not be unreasonable if that request was refused explain our vote would have to be “NO”.

Yet no-one else done this.

Nelms has prompted discussion and secured himself a place on the task force to try and sort this. He's done well so far. He needs to help finish the job off though.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Better that than this pantomime we're in the middle of.

Absolutely not.

What pantomine? We're involved in discussing the future of the game in Scotland.

If you mean the likes of Dodds and other media personalities having a pop at Dundee/Nelms - Who gives a f**k about them?!

Edited by Speroni*1

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Yet no-one else done this.

Nelms has prompted discussion and secured himself a place on the task force to try and sort this. He's done well so far. He needs to help finish the job off though.

Yet no-one else found themselves in such a fortuitous position due to some sort of IT issue.

Why would he not do what I have suggested? 

My offer to you regarding my £10k discussions remains open.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Yet no-one else found themselves in such a fortuitous position due to some sort of IT issue.

Why would he not do what I have suggested? 

My offer to you regarding my £10k discussions remains open.

Because clubs were being starved of the money. We either took our time to vote yes or no but we couldn't wait it out for the full time period denying clubs funds for that amount of time.

No need for the snide comment at the end tbh.

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Stick to the original vote and tell them to f**k off.

6 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

What was to be gained from that?

Put the onus back on the league to come up with something else if they wanted to secure a “YES” vote from us.

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Absolutely not.

What pantomine? We're involved in discussing the future of the game in Scotland.

If you mean the likes of Dodds and other media personalities having a pop at Dundee/Nelms - Who gives a f**k about them?!

Don't make me laugh, we'll be discussing this shite for the next twelve months and then we'll be back to square one.

unlucky dopey DAB's, no football for the foreseeable.

Sarcastic Laugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Because clubs were being starved of the money. We either took our time to vote yes or no but we couldn't wait it out for the full time period denying clubs funds for that amount of time.

No need for the snide comment at the end tbh.

I will take your last point firstly if I may.  I’m sorry you took that as being snide.  The reason I said it was to help illustrate that you don’t give away the only thing you have for mere “discussions”.  I think by highlighting it that way you can see how “hopeful” our position is.  As my original point was, I think it’s way too soon to say Nelms did well, 

Regarding the second point.  Why do we have to consider other clubs?  How many clubs lobbied the league complaining when we had 25 points deducted?

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't make me laugh, we'll be discussing this shite for the next twelve months and then we'll be back to square one.

unlucky dopey DAB's, no football for the foreseeable.

Sarcastic Laugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Now you're pulling a RandomGuy and acting like mystic meg!

You're likely to be right - but that doesn't make what Nelms done as a negative that some are painting it as IMO. In the grand scheme of things, his delaying of the vote (Or whatever you want to label it as) won't have an impact on us either way. But will it have had an impact on the discussions around our game? Potentially, yes and potentially not. Better than nothing IMO.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Put the onus back on the league to come up with something else if they wanted to secure a “YES” vote from us.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

And they have...

No.  We gave away a YES vote in the HOPE they come back with something else.  I’m afraid that is different to what I was saying. 

Just now, Shadow Play said:

I will take your last point firstly if I may.  I’m sorry you took that as being snide.  The reason I said it was to help illustrate that you don’t give away the only thing you have for mere “discussions”.  I think by highlighting it that way you can see how “hopeful” our position is.  As my original point was, I think it’s way too soon to say Nelms did well, 

Regarding the second point.  Why do we have to consider other clubs?  How many clubs lobbied the league complaining when we had 25 points deducted?

This 25 point thing is nonsense. Why do we need to hold a grudge over something that happened 10 year ago when many of the people involved are no longer involved with them clubs and the league organisation then doesn't even exist anymore? Should we be judged forever more on the actions of Melville, Di Stefano or Angus Cook?

Possibly is too soon to say Nelms done well and the only reason I ramp up that rhetoric is due to the fact that there's some outrageous shouts from people (Not just NDD) saying they won't return due to his actions etc when he's done very little wrong other than trying to get us the best deal. Whether that pans out or not is out of our and his hands, but it won't have been for a lack of trying.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

No.  We gave away a YES vote in the HOPE they come back with something else.  I’m afraid that is different to what I was saying. 

We couldn't have given a vote either way for any guarantee like that.

We were guaranteed it'd be discussed and we've now got an appointee on the group discussing it with it being led by one of the few club leaders who NEED reconstruction to save their club.

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Now you're pulling a RandomGuy and acting like mystic meg!

You're likely to be right - but that doesn't make what Nelms done as a negative that some are painting it as IMO. In the grand scheme of things, his delaying of the vote (Or whatever you want to label it as) won't have an impact on us either way. But will it have had an impact on the discussions around our game? Potentially, yes and potentially not. Better than nothing IMO.

He made the correct decision, and then fannied around and changed it for a load of bullshit promises, that's the way I see it.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He made the correct decision, and then fannied around and changed it for a load of bullshit promises, that's the way I see it.

Fair enough - I can see there's no way of changing your mind on the matter. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

Sooner we're back to discussing McPake's winter (?) signings for the new season, the better!

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Fair enough - I can see there's no way of changing your mind on the matter. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

Sooner we're back to discussing McPake's winter (?) signings for the new season, the better!

No probs, it's all about opinions at the end of the day.