All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Putting aside any Dees/SPFL Conspiracy I can only think there was a major hoo haa in the Boardroom at Dens that saw desperate attempts to withdraw the vote. If not it would take 5 minutes for Nelms and the Board to clarify there was an admin mistake and the vote is No. They didnt do that, it still drags on. So what was going on in the boardroom?

I might be being naive but it was probably initially an admin error but Nelms realised with the way the dominos fell he’d have some leverage to get what he wants by holding the vote.
Question then becomes what does he want or what is he hoping to gain realistically? 

25 minutes ago, Muzziedee said:

I might be being naive but it was probably initially an admin error but Nelms realised with the way the dominos fell he’d have some leverage to get what he wants by holding the vote.
Question then becomes what does he want or what is he hoping to gain realistically? 

We could just ride it out and wait for UEFA's decision. Obviously not happening, but would be funny as f**k if they declared the season null and void.

I would think Nelms will definitely not want to hand initiative back to SPFL Board for them to come up with something marginally worse. Should push for a new vote on lines of below before we submit our no vote. 

Pay out prize monies on places now.

Scrap the no football till 10th June initiative. Agree that season must finish by 30th June, based on points per game only if below does not apply

Follow Scottish Govt and UEFA guidelines as to whether games can be played or not - behind closed doors if necessary

Play up to 3 games a week from not less than 4 days after announcement of date to go back to work. Rumours of 5th May for limited working - doubt fans will be allowed in. Prep time is very short and 3 games a week is tough but is same for all teams and at least this gives some sporting integrity. Show matches on TV if fans can't turn up.

If games can't be played then 1 season of 16, 14, 14 leagues so no team worse of than the would be now. Season following back to current position with play offs. 

I would think Nelms will definitely not want to hand initiative back to SPFL Board for them to come up with something marginally worse. Should push for a new vote on lines of below before we submit our no vote. 
Pay out prize monies on places now.
Scrap the no football till 10th June initiative. Agree that season must finish by 30th June, based on points per game only if below does not apply
Follow Scottish Govt and UEFA guidelines as to whether games can be played or not - behind closed doors if necessary
Play up to 3 games a week from not less than 4 days after announcement of date to go back to work. Rumours of 5th May for limited working - doubt fans will be allowed in. Prep time is very short and 3 games a week is tough but is same for all teams and at least this gives some sporting integrity. Show matches on TV if fans can't turn up.
If games can't be played then 1 season of 16, 14, 14 leagues so no team worse of than the would be now. Season following back to current position with play offs. 

Eh? By that plan the Arabs could still go up. f**k that. NULL and VOID [emoji4]

If Nelms changes to a Yes vote for nothing but a sweetener and benefit to our club then I will fully condemn it and seriously assess my position in ever going to Dens again while he is in charge.

If Nelms changes to a Yes vote on the basis that he has been given assurances from enough members that a reconstruction will take place to benefit the others in relegation positions then fair play.

If not, then he must vote No and another proposal must be put forward.

I definitely don’t think Nelms wanted to vote No to ‘get it up United’
I don’t think he’s tried to time it to be dramatic (doesn’t seem the type)
I don’t think he’s a ruthless cut throat businessman, his hiring of managers proves this.

My guess would be, he got word he had the casting vote and thought ‘wait, I might have an ace here. I can at least get some 1 to 1 meetings here and they’ll listen’

I don’t see what Dundee have to gain straight away here. Place in a 16 side league? To push through a 14 and have an almost unrivalled run at it next year...?

No one knows of course.

What we do know is that the whole thing has been handled shambolically.

9 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I don’t see what Dundee have to gain straight away here. Place in a 16 side league? To push through a 14 and have an almost unrivalled run at it next year...?

No one knows of course.

As you said, complete shambles. God knows how the SPFL have managed to let a situation like this one even exist.

Honestly, the way the media is writing about it, it seems like Nelms is arguing for a permanent shift to a 14-team Premiership, even though we won't be in it next season. I can see the logic the more I think about it though:

- It would leave us in a league in which we are clear favourites. The likes of Ayr, Dunfermline and others would no doubt make it not easy, as well as the retaining of Partick who might be able to quickly turn around (which I doubt personally) and the additions of Raith and Falkirk. Nevertheless, on paper it's a much more manageable title than being up against Utd again, Inverness and of course Hearts.

- If the league remains as 14 teams for future seasons, you would imagine it would be easier for Dundee to remain in the top league once we finally get there again. As a team that would almost always find itself in at least the playoffs while in the Championship, to have two more teams in the Premiership whom Dundee would potentially match up well against would be in Dundee's favour, as well as many teams who have to worry about relegation.

The whole shitshow is definitely reading like it’s corrupt as f**k going by Hearts statement today. Votes being made public and before all were in is a disgrace. Another resolution got rejected for consideration because 1 word in the proposal was wrong or didn’t meet the SPFL board’s likening.  A yes vote can’t be overturned but a no vote can, wtf Celtic appear to have far too much of a say on what’s going on. 

Surely to f**k in due course we will submit the no vote again. Whether it be due to league reconstruction to 13,14,16 or whatever in the top league or a guarantee that this season’s playoffs must still happen. The biggest crime in all this is the relagating of teams who have more than a fighting of staying up it’s simply wrong and any clubs voting to accept that are bang out of order. 

The only way we lose out in this is if the amount of teams in Premier isn’t increased and at the same time we don’t get a shot at the playoffs.