All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Listening to Radio Scotland just now discussing Coronavirus and the outcome of the season. Starting to think this season could quite possibly be scrubbed null and void.  

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's an 'act of God' nothing anyone can do about it.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Jesus Loves Us

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Image result for juan sara

Priceless, absolutely glorious righteous thought that is, wonderful evening the 1-2-3. Best bit by far, Georgi Nemsadze leaving numerous lying on their arse!

Best regards

Edit - On a more serious note, following on from Alex Smith and subsequently Dundee United running scared for the first scheduled date for the 3-0 game, which was postponed at their request due to two reserve players and I recall Jason de Vos being on international duty, prior to the rescheduled game Alex Smith had an article in the Evening Telegraph stating something along the lines of how hard and tough they would approach the game.

The rest was history regarding Fabian Caballero's career, absolute disgrace at the time and equally now looking back!!!!!!!!!!

Only serves to remind me why I'm Dark Blue and proud.

Regards as always 

Edited by This Charming Man

Its definitely a quandary, who knows how the whole debacle will end.

Celtic, Utd and Cove have practically won their leagues, and deserve their titles, with division 1 still to be decided. God knows what happens to the relegation spots. For once, I wouldn't want to be in the hot seat deciding upon this, sod that.

8 hours ago, srw said:

...Utd ...have practically won their leagues, and deserve their titles

How dare you! 

Edit to add - I'd fucking love to be in the hot seat on this one!  

Edited by hk blues

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
38 minutes ago, Fifespud said:
Stop the league after Saturday, play off games between the teams in play off places after that, behind closed doors?

Let's first see who's in those places.

Unlikely. The clubs just outside the play-off places would quite justifiably take legal action. If the season has to be ended, it needs voided across the board unfortunately. I'd imagine the best the governing bodies could do is compensation of sorts. 

I'm not so sure about suing football authorities.  I could see a scenario where top of the league teams are deemed champions/promoted but play-offs are voided (just my view - all sorts of possibilities could be looked at)

I know on paper that would kick up a storm but we are dealing here with a virus that kills people.  I reckon clubs would be leaned on to take it on the chin. 

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Well that's that. 🤦‍♂️

Assume the leagues can only be deemed as null and void due to the expected duration of the current pandemic.

Great news for our near neighbours at Brechin City, some other locals may not be as chuffed though. Lol

Best regards

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

I could see a scenario where top of the league teams are deemed champions/promoted

This could only be done if the top team were mathematically clear, IMO. You can't just hand out titles in the middle of a season.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As I suggested earlier, no champions, no relegation, top 4 teams in Championship go up, gaps filled by teams below.

That makes sense although the clubs in with a chance of a playoff spot would sue for loss of earnings but......

LETS ALL LAUGH AT YENITED 

LETS ALL LAUGH AT YENITED 

HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA