All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

I live in ballumbie. Myrekirk is miles away. At least 3 or 4.

Come on Gus, “I wouldn’t drive 3 or 4 miles for one of your goals, oh Dundee” doesn’t have quite the same ring as “I’d walk a million miles for one of your goals, oh Dundee”.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Longest unbeaten stretch of the season and 4 consecutive clean sheets. Could do with some fucking goals though but hey.

We finally sorted out our defensive woes and all it took was getting rid of our best striking option. 🤔

Now we can't score at all. Love Dundee.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

We finally sorted out our defensive woes and all it took was getting rid of our best striking option. 🤔

Now we can't score at all. Love Dundee.

I think we all saw this coming when the January transfer window closed. The manager got lucky today with his needless tinkering with the defence. Crankshaw has to start on Tuesday, Nelson has had his chance 

Im interested in regular watchers opinions, is Dorrans worth a game, or is he playing because he is McPakes mate? Apart from one goal, and a couple of decent passes, he seems like a complete passenger to me, thats. 21 league games for him, and I think he is a massive flop.

We play a midfield of McGhee, Byrne and Dorrans for two games, and get no goals, and its no surprise.

We are unbeaten in 5 games, yet my opinion of McPake sinks lower game by game, we are as dull as he is. (I admit, I just don't like him, so am biased now)

1 minute ago, srw said:

Im interested in regular watchers opinions, is Dorrans worth a game, or is he playing because he is McPakes mate? Apart from one goal, and a couple of decent passes, he seems like a complete passenger to me, thats. 21 league games for him, and I think he is a massive flop.

We play a midfield of McGhee, Byrne and Dorrans for two games, and get no goals, and its no surprise.

We are unbeaten in 5 games, yet my opinion of McPake sinks lower game by game, we are as dull as he is. (I admit, I just don't like him, so am biased now)

McPake's mate imo.

Just now, srw said:

I think Byrne is more the issue here, he is slow and always imo a passenger, with Dorrans having to cover for him, it doesn't give him the freedom he needs. 

I don't like Byrne, we play better with him out the team.

1 minute ago, srw said:

Dorrans imo is definitely worth a game. Today was horrendous conditions with driving wind and rain across the park making things very difficult and McGhee looks more than decent in the defensive role in midfield. We were better today with him on the park than when he was substituted at halftime. Tuesday that midfield you quoted created enough chances to win 2 or 3 games. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think Byrne is more the issue here, he is slow and always imo a passenger, with Dorrans having to cover for him, it doesn't give him the freedom he needs. 

I don't like Byrne, we play better with him out the team.

Why does Dorrans need to play as a 3rd, 4th or 5th central defender, he should be further up the park, but he decides to drop back. Im not a fan of Byrne, but I wouldn't blame him for Dorrans being what he is.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Dorrans imo is definitely worth a game. Today was horrendous conditions with driving wind and rain across the park making things very difficult and McGhee looks more than decent in the defensive role in midfield. We were better today with him on the park than when he was substituted at halftime. Tuesday that midfield you quoted created enough chances to win 2 or 3 games. 

But theres no goal threat from anyone in the team apart from Nelson midweek, or him and Hemmings today, if they have an off day, we are screwed. I just think the team is set up appallingly, midfield is terrible IMO.

But the games all about opinions....

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

whaaaaaat

I think 95% of fans are biased one way or another, at least I admit it.

It would take a monumental turnaround in our team for me to change opinion on him, and its not going to happen.