All things Dundee FC

Nah, not blaming the manager tonight. Plenty to blame him for, but not tonight. 

Nelson should have buried his chances and it's just one of those nights. It'd be acceptable if it wasn't for our gutless displays earlier in the season. 

We seem to be rock solid at the back. Hopefully that continues and Hemmings will be back.

Just now, Yenitit said:

Right own up, who the f**k was taking the piss and gave Gowser man of the match?

I take it he got it because he had more touches than anyone else because he holds on to the ball far too long 😡

Thought McGowan played really well tonight. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Short memories folks, Marshall got injured last man and we needed cover.

His hands were tied.

Thing is Johnny his replacement hasn’t played a single minute so far. I presume he isn’t up to scratch and it’s a further waste of a wage 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Short memories folks, Marshall got injured last man and we needed cover.

His hands were tied.

I'm more annoyed at how pointless that decision has panned out. The 3 at the back seems to be working a treat. Meanwhile we're easily one of the worst scoring sides in the league,even nights like tonight when the rest of the team is right up for it.

For the record, I'm pleased everyone else did well and with the manager's tactics. I just want Nelson to sit on the bench now.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought McGowan played really well tonight. 

I thought he was about our worst player because he was so slow in possession. Him in possession just allows the other side to get back behind the ball and in shape. 

After Crankshaw’s display down at Dumfries he should’ve started and it’s baffling he never. 

Thought McGhee was very good in the defensive midfield position. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

I thought he was about our worst player because he was so slow in possession. Him in possession just allows the other side to get back behind the ball and in shape. 

After Crankshaw’s display down at Dumfries he should’ve started and it’s baffling he never. 

Thought McGhee was very good in the defensive midfield position. 

Can't agree with that. Thought he was creative, kept the ball moving and always looked forward. Nelson was our worst player due to the amount of sitters he missed.

Agree on McGhee, tidy shift. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Can't agree with that. Thought he was creative, kept the ball moving and always looked forward. Nelson was our worst player due to the amount of sitters he missed.

Agree on McGhee, tidy shift. 

Sorry Ludo but it took him 6,7 touches to move the ball on slowing everything down when it should be done in 2.  Not good enough when you are chasing the game. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Thing is Johnny his replacement hasn’t played a single minute so far. I presume he isn’t up to scratch and it’s a further waste of a wage 

True, however if Berra had not turned out as good as he is, then he might of had to resort back to a 4.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm more annoyed at how pointless that decision has panned out. The 3 at the back seems to be working a treat. Meanwhile we're easily one of the worst scoring sides in the league,even nights like tonight when the rest of the team is right up for it.

For the record, I'm pleased everyone else did well and with the manager's tactics. I just want Nelson to sit on the bench now.

I feel bad for Nelson, I really want him to do well, if he could just convert the energy to ability he would be some player. But you are right we do need attacking cover.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

True, however if Berra had not turned out as good as he is, then he might of had to resort back to a 4.

Fair enough. Elliot, Meekings, Forster, Berra, Marshall/McDaid is definitely a decent base to start our team from and something to build on. Screaming out for another striker though. 

Good news however is that we haven't conceded in 336 consecutive minutes (not including stoppage time), and that next season (if we sign Berra to a contract) we'll have a cracking base in defence and midfield for next season's Championship.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Alloa didn't threaten once all night. Last time they didn't score away from home was back in October and they'd scored 4, 1, 3, 3 goals in their last 4 away games. Safe to say Berra has massively improved us at the back.

Drawing at home to Alloa can never be described as a positive result regardless of circumstance, but we look much more like a team than we did earlier in the season. Desperately hope Hemmings is back for Saturday though.