All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

DAB's pumped again to the surprise of no one. Disgrace that mob are that clear in the league.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Easy answer to remedy the performance of an existing extremely average under-performing overpaid team , sign a striker who returns 30+ goals per season at lower league level. Sorted.

Agree wholeheartedly Biggie when you survey United's generic first team pool and I apologise to all in advance for repeating my posting of last night above.

However, there lies the major difference between the clubs at this time, an informed footballing boardroom decision, ie the signing of Lawrence Shankland.

Brian Clough used to tell all his major signings on arrival, you're only here until we can source someone better. In the case of Lawrence Shankland's impact at Tannadice, that won't occur again across the road in my lifetime and well beyond.

Best regards

Meekings & McGowan our 2 players out of contract at the end of the season. I'd be handing McGowan a new 1 year deal regardless if we go up or not. (He'd be a good stabilising back-up for a top flight side still IMO).

Really torn on Meekings. He's been massively improved since Berra came in. Up until that point, he'd have been one of the easiest punts. Definite punt if we somehow fluked promotion - big, big 3 or so month if he's to earn himself a new deal.

The rest are contracted for next season as far as I'm aware.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Open question..

Would you play Berra if we made a play off final against Hearts?

Allegedly he is allowed to play for us if that were the case.

Based on his performances so far - yes. That could easily change.

Surely he's wouldn't be eligible in that theoretical situation though? Not came across many situations like it. @Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Open question..

Would you play Berra if we made a play off final against Hearts?

Allegedly he is allowed to play for us if that were the case.

Personally no.

I really doubt it is possible for him to play. That's surely the biggest conflict of interest you can get in football and that's entirely the reason for me.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surely he's wouldn't be eligible in that theoretical situation though? Not came across many situations like it. @Skyline Drifter

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Personally no.

I really doubt it is possible for him to play. That's surely the biggest conflict of interest you can get in football and that's entirely the reason for me.

Apparently Hearts didn't write the clause into the deal.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Personally no.

Derek Lyle - Who I don't deem anywhere near as professional as Berra, still scored a fair few goals for us when he signed a PCA with Hamilton.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not allowed. Against League rules. Loan players are never allowed to play against their parent club.

9 hours ago, ravabelli said:

What are the Perth teuchters gonna do when we finally do bite the dust and are no more? They’ll be heartbroken 

I’ll probably put money in the bucket to help you guys out. Again. 

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not allowed. Against League rules. Loan players are never allowed to play against their parent club.

Found it, rule 64.

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club 64 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in: (i) a League Match; (ii) a Play-Off Match; (iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match; (iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and (v) a Scottish Cup Match; and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

Forget I even asked the question Dees!

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’ll probably put money in the bucket to help you guys out. Again. 

Will you be sitting in the Celtic or the Rangers end at Mcdiarmid next game? 

Edit: it's worth mentioning (:lol:) I'd genuinely rather Dundee went under than pander to the Old Firm. 

Edited by Dele

8 hours ago, Dele said:

Will you be sitting in the Celtic or the Rangers end at Mcdiarmid next game? 

Edit: it's worth mentioning (:lol:) I'd genuinely rather Dundee went under than pander to the Old Firm. 

I do seem to remember having to sit in the main stand at least twice one season when we gave the bigot brothers the Derry. 🙁🙁

IIRC when Nacho Novo scored two against us and kissed the badge (mentioned in the Tele recently) he dropped to his knees at full time giving it the "I'm not worthy" salute to both the Shankly and the derry which we'd given over.  His explanation that he'd previously got abuse doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. 

33 minutes ago, doogster said:

IIRC when Nacho Novo scored two against us and kissed the badge (mentioned in the Tele recently) he dropped to his knees at full time giving it the "I'm not worthy" salute to both the Shankly and the derry which we'd given over.  His explanation that he'd previously got abuse doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. 

I'd accept his apology if it wasn't for his stunt in the friendly against Rangers under Bomber.

Novo can get himself right tae fvck. 

His behaviour since signing for Bigots 2 has been reprehensible, he goes to their supporters clubs events, which are basically racist sectarian shindigs. 

Novos wasn’t exactly liked while he was at Dens, I don’t think Raith fans particularly liked him either, he found his home at Ibrox. 

Novo can get himself right tae fvck. 
His behaviour since signing for Bigots 2 has been reprehensible, he goes to their supporters clubs events, which are basically racist sectarian shindigs. 
Novos wasn’t exactly liked while he was at Dens, I don’t think Raith fans particularly liked him either, he found his home at Ibrox. 

did he not pump his mates bird as well? horrible wee p***k