All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Dundee owner: Multi-millionaire Stanford University Graduate. Owns several global businesses.

St Johnstone Chairman: Time served electrician who got a few bob from his old man. Owns a tractor.

Yet one has a diddy club with no fans as an established top flight side, running at a profit, while the other has a sleeping giant consistently hiring mumbleclowns and competing with Arbroath for position.

Dundee owner: Multi-millionaire Stanford University Graduate. Owns several global businesses.
St Johnstone Chairman: Time served electrician who got a few bob from his old man. Owns a tractor.
Broon is a multimillionaire and can run a club profitably.

I'd be more concerned about the other American in the street..

56 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
59 minutes ago, Dele said:
He's completely overhauled the youth development. He's the last person who should be thrown on the fire.

A frivolous exercise in light of these revelations.

Eulogises about his team being full of home grown talent then calls Dundee's youth development as frivolous. Walloper 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yet one has a diddy club with no fans as an established top flight side, running at a profit, while the other has a sleeping giant consistently hiring mumbleclowns and competing with Arbroath for position.

On 03/01/2020 at 13:06, RandomGuy. said:

I don't want it either, but our home crowds are pathetic and we cant continue losing money every season. 

On 23/02/2020 at 16:40, RandomGuy. said:

on course for a hefty loss this season. 

Suspect we'll struggle to keep this squad together for long.

Brilliant.

8 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Broon is a multimillionaire and can run a club profitably.

I'd be more concerned about the other American in the street..

Not heard from you for a few years. Getting a bit excited tonight?

oh dear.

54 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why wouldn't Gordon Strachan know about youth developement? You've literally wrote his experience in your post.

He is in that job as that's the job he wants. It's the only job he wants. He has said so, numerous times.

How does experience as a manager correspond to any knowledge of youth deveopment? I don't remember his Celtic teams being swimming in youth talent.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How does experience as a manager correspond to any knowledge of youth deveopment? I don't remember his Celtic teams being swimming in youth talent.

Do you really think he is only there for youth development? You sound like the kind of naive tit who would book a trip to Serbia to watch a match that was never going to happen.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How does experience as a manager correspond to any knowledge of youth deveopment? 

It doesn't. He will however have seen the inner workings of youth development at one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. At some (fairly) big clubs in England. He will take that and implement the things he sees fit at a club the size of Dundee. 

The noises coming out of Dens about the changes sound promising. The families of the players involved seem happier now than they were before - down to changes put in by Strachan. He's spoke at length about changes he has made and changes he still wishes to make. 

Long story short - he has come in and improved matters. 

The choice was Strachan heading up youth or no Strachan. 

I'm happy with the choice the club made. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

It doesn't. He will however have seen the inner workings of youth development at one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. At some (fairly) big clubs in England. He will take that and implement the things he sees fit at a club the size of Dundee. 

The noises coming out of Dens about the changes sound promising. The families of the players involved seem happier now than they were before - down to changes put in by Strachan. He's spoke at length about changes he has made and changes he still wishes to make. 

Long story short - he has come in and improved matters. 

The choice was Strachan heading up youth or no Strachan. 

I'm happy with the choice the club made. 

He also spent a great deal of his interim time visiting various youth setups around the world such as the much admired Athletic Bilbao's, and has been solidifying a philosophy over his many years of management. Unfair to say he has no experience, it's clearly an area he is passionate about and I believe what he's doing with benefit us in the long-term.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You might remember he was the first team manager at Celtic. You reckon he should have been doing that and in charge of the youths as well?

Just now, Dee Man said:

You might remember he was the first team manager at Celtic. You reckon he should have been doing that and in charge of the youths as well?

Yes, exactly. You should mention that to your fellow Dundee fan who thought that being Celtic manager meant he was qualified for youth development.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Yes, exactly. You should mention that to your fellow Dundee fan who thought that being Celtic manager meant he was qualified for youth development.

Why is he not qualified for youth development?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

What are the qualifications needed for youth development?