All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The April Dundee derby has been moved to Friday 24th with a 7.05pm.

The match at the Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park will be shown live on BBC Scotland #thedee https://t.co/nZyXTghH4a

Ffs 😞

No shock there.

Callum Moore is doing really well at Stenny apparently and is looking good enough to possibly make an impact with us for next season according to their thread, so that's some good news. Might just be able to punt Ness and have Moore as a ready made midfield option.

I guess BT didn't fancy a 4th Dundee Derby this season? At least BBC Scotland are there to ruin any chances of a 3PM game by get the game started 40 minutes earlier than it otherwise would. Instead of being shown in a sharp and professional package it'll be presented by the odd couple, and the game will have nothing up for grabs except bragging rights.

Will be the most tinpot derby ever with the least amount of interest in some time, that's for sure. Bet we win it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I guess BT didn't fancy a 4th Dundee Derby this season? At least BBC Scotland are there to ruin any chances of a 3PM game by get the game started 40 minutes earlier than it otherwise would. Instead of being shown in a sharp and professional package it'll be presented by the odd couple, and the game will have nothing up for grabs except being rights.

Will be the most tinpot derby ever with the least amount of interest in some time, that's for sure. Bet we win it.

When was a Dundee Derby last shown on free TV?

The final derby of the 2003/04 season was on Sunday 11th April which would suggest it was on TV, and BBC Scotland had live SPL rights that season.  I definitely remember the penultimate derby (at Dens) being on BBC1 on the Sunday (25th January). 

Since then, I'm sure our various league and cup meetings have only been on Setanta, Sky, ESPN and BT. 

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

When was a Dundee Derby last shown on free TV?

The final derby of the 2003/04 season was on Sunday 11th April which would suggest it was on TV, and BBC Scotland had live SPL rights that season.  I definitely remember the penultimate derby (at Dens) being on BBC1 on the Sunday (25th January). 

Since then, I'm sure our various league and cup meetings have only been on Setanta, Sky, ESPN and BT. 

Was our Scottish Cup tie in 2013 on BBC? Pretty sure they shared rights with Sky and we were deffo televised but can't remember what one it was on.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I guess BT didn't fancy a 4th Dundee Derby this season? At least BBC Scotland are there to ruin any chances of a 3PM game by get the game started 40 minutes earlier than it otherwise would. Instead of being shown in a sharp and professional package it'll be presented by the odd couple, and the game will have nothing up for grabs except bragging rights.

Not much to brag about if we do win - “we’ve won the derby, you’ve (comfortably) won the league.”  Yep, you’re right, sounds like the sort of game we will win.

13 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Not much to brag about if we do win - “we’ve won the derby, you’ve (comfortably) won the league.”  Yep, you’re right, sounds like the sort of game we will win.

Still rather win it and we'll find plenty to brag about if we do, surely?  

He will leave us, there’s no doubt about it. It would however be good to get a decent fee instead of 50p and a packet of Quavers for once. 

(Unless he goes to the Old Firm, I’d rather lose him for nothing, than see him sign for them)

Fin sounds fairly eager to sign a new deal with us, but apparently not been approached yet. I very much hope that gets over the line sooner rather than later.

Read the first interview he had in the courier and was pleasantly surprised on his 2 favourite players being Jim McAlister(and Harkins) not many people would have said Jim as most people like the guys with the flicks n’ tricks ie Harkins, Stewart or even Riley, Shows how good he is to see McAlister as a player to model himself off