All things Dundee FC

[emoji1787] So you're telling me Coco somehow isn't 2nd top? I don't know what to believe anymore lol.
Coco was the second manager Dundee had from the time I started following them [emoji23]

Kernaghan was truly awful but he did inherit a tragic team from Duffy and had to try to work with it when money was really tight. I'm sure he'd much rather have had the equivalent of the current squad. So far McPake and Kernaghan are pretty similar in managerial performance from my viewpoint 
I don't think that was an awful team tbf. Marr reacted to losing a dingy cup tie to Stranraer despite winning the opening two league games comfortably.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Discovered while having a wee tidy up today.

IMG_5973.jpg

Remember this well, Barry Smith Rattling the post after I was interviewed by Alison Walker on the BBC before the match as a 13 year old optimistic lad. Little did I know at the time of the misery we would all go on to suffer until now. I wonder if this is going to be the peak of supporting us during my lifetime. To think of us in another cup final seems like a total fantasy. It’s absolutely pish being a Dee! 

I set the video (kids, ask your grandparents) to tape the entire build-up coverage and the whole game before leaving on a bus at 9:30 in the morning for a day trip to Glasgow, including lunch at a social club somewhere  in the suburbs of  Glasgow. Couldn't bear to look at it, so it's it's still sitting, unwatched, in a big box of VHS tapes in the spare room.

Is it too early, at 45, to tart thinking that I might not ever get that chance again??

Just to depress myself even further...

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I set the video (kids, ask your grandparents) to tape the entire build-up coverage and the whole game before leaving on a bus at 9:30 in the morning for a day trip to Glasgow, including lunch at a social club somewhere  in the suburbs of  Glasgow. Couldn't bear to look at it, so it's it's still sitting, unwatched, in a big box of VHS tapes in the spare room.

Is it too early, at 45, to tart thinking that I might not ever get that chance again??

Just to depress myself even further...

You will have the footage of MarbellaDEE sporting some very suspect camouflage trousers in the build up then! 

8 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Hearts losing 2-0 to Accies after 15 mins (but Accies have had someone sent off), maybe our optimism about Hearts coming good is totally misplaced.

Of course it is, they're complete pish. Not touched Accies once even with a man advantage.

Enjoy the capitulation now boys (as it is really funny), because next season is gonna be like Groundhog Day.

22 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Hearts losing 2-0 to Accies after 15 mins (but Accies have had someone sent off), maybe our optimism about Hearts coming good is totally misplaced.

On 13/02/2020 at 21:10, RandomGuy. said:

Theyve not got anyone to come back from injury and havent since the break, Haring is the only starting player injured now.

Boyce is barely getting a touch of the ball, and the new German midfielder they signed was sent off in the last game and according to their fans is a dud.

Stendel has 2 league wins from his first 3 months as manager, over I think 11 games. Defensively they're comfortably the worst side we've played this season, and their keeper ships goals every week.

The idea Hearts will be fine is based on the name of the club, and the name of the club alone. Theyre awful.

Hate to say I told you so...

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

michael jordan lol GIF

They're still bottom, just failed to win a home game against the team in 11th, and their manager is now 1 win in 12...

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're still bottom, just failed to win a home game against the team in 11th, and their manager is now 1 win in 12...

I was more laughing at the 'I told you so'. Just like you td the world your squad was shite, your manager needed punted and you were down without a fight. 

The meaning behind your post was fairly solid, even if you (and other Perth fans) are weirdly now trying to drum up a rivalry with Hearts.