1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

He has a couple of half decent spells in games playing left midfield but I can’t remember a single poster who suggested he was anything other than absolute pish at left back.

Exactly, anyone who saw what he did in the Elgin game was practically slapped in the face with it.

Dunfermline have just secured 3 points at Ayr United this evening.

We're now unsurprisingly outwith the play-off positions.

Can anyone remind me when Plan B was discussed?

Best regards

How very dare you DTotal.  Nelms said something to the effect that he carried out a significant review of qualities he was looking for in the new manager (after the debacle of the McIntyre appointment) and that McPake was the outstanding candidate.

Then again, Nelms also said that prior to deciding McIntyre / Dodds was the correct appointment he sounded out a number of Dundee minded people to see if they thought the appointment could be a problem and that none of the people he spoke to thought it would be.  Strangely enough every Dundee fan I spoke to thought it would be a problem.

Sorry must be my mistake, Nelms must see something that the rest of the football world doesn’t see, a little known fitba guru

Probably had nothing to do with the fact he was the cheapest option

Easiest and cheapest option.  I haven't a fucking clue what the c***s  running the club are thinking,  don't  think they do either! Think they're just playing at it and making it up as they go. If we're 6th or 7th soon I don't think we can complain one bit, the football's been utter shite and if nothing changes we can forget about a playoff place too 

To be fair some posters were very keen on Jazzer getting the gig. Better having some cunto with no previous connection, then we can really say how we feel when it goes wrong.

I’m sure a poster said something earlier about being fed up with having Scottish dregs, why not try English dregs aswell, couldn’t be any worse and I imagine they will have a bigger contact list while seeing more teams play?

A bad loss at Arbroath (not impossible I reckon) and down to 6th/7th could be the end point for McPake.  I don't lose sleep over the DABS at the top but the idea we can't even be a top 4 play off team is just unacceptable.

58 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

A bad loss at Arbroath (not impossible I reckon) and down to 6th/7th could be the end point for McPake.  I don't lose sleep over the DABS at the top but the idea we can't even be a top 4 play off team is just unacceptable.

Really top 4 was our realistic aim for the season. Failing that is as you said unacceptable, but on the McPake front, we have an excellent track record of inaction towards making much needed vacancies available.

Really top 4 was our realistic aim for the season. Failing that is as you said unacceptable, but on the McPake front, we have an excellent track record of inaction towards making much needed vacancies available.

We should be comfortably finishing 2nd in this league. I can see us beating Arbroath on Saturday giving him a few more weeks.

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

How’s McPake not been punted yet 🙈

Because Nelms believes McPake is the ideal manager for us apparently.  McPake’s interview in tonight’s Tele is interesting.  Two highlights:

Regarding Johnson: ”We know what he gives us.  Can we get more from him and get him to take the ball in and get us up the pitch.”  - not if you continue to only give him bit parts in games.

”We’ve gone from being a very dangerous  looking team to the one that we’re seeing now.” - when were we last on a run of being a dangerous looking side?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Because Nelms believes McPake is the ideal manager for us apparently.  McPake’s interview in tonight’s Tele is interesting.  Two highlights:

Regarding Johnson: ”We know what he gives us.  Can we get more from him and get him to take the ball in and get us up the pitch.”  - not if you continue to only give him bit parts in games.

”We’ve gone from being a very dangerous  looking team to the one that we’re seeing now.” - when were we last on a run of being a dangerous looking side?

He should really just shut his puss. When we get fucked from arbroath on Saturday surely to f**k he'll get sacked. But like I said by Nelms usual thought process hes got another 3-4 defeats on the bounce before he loses his job

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nelmsy doing a bit of a shop in Sainsburys today, no idea what he purchased.

Thank you.

A set of jotters, ready to be given out????