All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I totally agree with this. We beat an utterly atrocious Partick side 2-0 at home. The fact that we're still in for a decent shout at the play-offs despite being so awful for much of the season is more about how shite the rest of the league is. We're almost two-thirds of the way through the season with almost certainly the 2nd biggest playing budget in the Division and we're hanging onto 4th with a goal difference of -2. For the resources McPake has been given, that's absolutely risible.

Even if we get through the other championship sides in the play-offs, a motivated Hamilton, Ross County or even Hearts would absolutely rinse us. If Hearts come down automatically they'll be massive favourites to go straight back up, meaning another season at least for us in the second tier and doubtless bleeding cash. Can you see Hearts punting their manager in the event of relegation and tasking a guy with zero experience to get them back up? 

Barring some mental run of wins, I'd empty him as soon as we're safe from the drop/relegation play off IF we can get someone competent in. 

Spot on. Imo he’s doing bizarre tactical changes/substitutions/starting line ups every game. In the last 3 games I can’t get my head around what he was thinking giving a 16 year old his debut in a televised match playing out of position whilst sending the young player out on loan to Cove who looks promising and that’s actually his position, the substitution of Crankshaw so early in the 2nd half down at Morton and replacing him with a right back and substituting Byrne on Saturday when there was no need to as we were so comfortable in the game with no need to take a chance on the outcome of the game.

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Spot on. Imo he’s doing bizarre tactical changes/substitutions/starting line ups every game. In the last 3 games I can’t get around him giving a 16 year old his debut playing out of position, the substitution of Crankshaw so early in the 2nd half down at Morton and replacing him with a right back and substituting Byrne on Saturday when there was no need to as we were so comfortable in the game with no need to take a chance on the outcome of the game.

He's basically an actual manager doing the sort of shit i used to do on LMA Manager when i got bored. 

35 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Even if we get through the other championship sides in the play-offs, a motivated Hamilton, Ross County or even Hearts would absolutely rinse us.

As shite as we have been, I still don't think this would be the case.

I don't think there's much difference between the bottom 6 of the Prem and 2-10 in the Championship, just look at how Hearts struggled against Falkirk and ICT beating Livi. United are imo currently top 6 pedigree and as I said between that and bottom of the Championship, everyone is equally rank.

I, like many others, have revelled in Particks misfortunes.

I looked at Uniteds fixtures, wondering if we could relegate them. Turns out we play them first in the ‘last 9’

And you guys play them last game.
You know the drill.

I don’t know who these ‘many others’ are. Partick are the club with the least amount of wankers amongst their fan base imo and are a ‘proper’ football team. As amusing as it was to relegate United I’d take no pleasure in us doing that to them.

McPake out, now.

Not a chance i'll renew with him still in charge.

If we happen to slither up this season through the play offs, next year would be another disaster with McPake at the helm. Is it worth it?

No doubt Cammy and McGowan would be first names on the team sheet. The same two who were a constant in one of our most pathetic seasons in recent times last year.

We need to start afresh. Dorrans, McGhee, Hemmings and McDaid are the only four i'm interested in at the moment in regards to who could lead us to where we should be. Robertson  coming through is doing okay  and Byrne isn't ever going to look great but we could get away with him in the he squad. Nelson if fit can give us something too, playing weekly.

The rest - not good enough. 

New manager and players needed and a change of style please. Hoof it more and forget the slow passing around defence. I'd honestly take Dick Campbell right now - wouldn't seem glamorous but that's the problem, these c***s like McCann are ruining the game. It won't work with Dundee trying to play like they watch on match of the day. McCann has ruined us and we need a strong leader to get us fighting again.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Nah we’re still at the bewilderment stage when they get read out. 

Coco must be one of the few managers to get emptied in little over half a season despite beating Celtic home and away. I can't remember who we were playing, it might have been Hearts, but the announcer read out the team to audible laughter throughout the derry. Smith then came onto the tannoy to give us our regular "pep talk" which was less humorously received. I think someone actually managed to hit one of the speakers with a pie iirc. 

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I’ll dive in and say no. Zero confidence in him and his ability to keep us in  the top flight if by chance your scenario happened. 

Yeah I feel I'd probably agree, a great month-run playoff run likely doesn't excuse a season of underwhelming results. I'd probably learn to accept it until 2 weeks into the season.

That scenario would be fucking unreal though if it happened. It won't - doubt a 4th placed team will win them for some time - but it'd be so good if it did.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Coco must be one of the few managers to get emptied in little over half a season despite beating Celtic home and away. I can't remember who we were playing, it might have been Hearts, but the announcer read out the team to audible laughter throughout the derry. Smith then came onto the tannoy to give us our regular "pep talk" which was less humorously received. I think someone actually managed to hit one of the speakers with a pie iirc. 

I remember the New Years day game against Aberdeen, which we actually won. A real rarity - how many times whas that happened since ?

Saw him later that night at the Jahangir with Wes and their partners. Smiles all around. At that time, that must have been the poshest restaurant in town - a doorman to greet you and a fishpond inside. 

4 hours ago, mychurch said:

I remember the New Years day game against Aberdeen, which we actually won. A real rarity - how many times whas that happened since ?

Saw him later that night at the Jahangir with Wes and their partners. Smiles all around. At that time, that must have been the poshest restaurant in town - a doorman to greet you and a fishpond inside. 

Christ I'd forgotten about that game, I was there as well. Aberdeen's had half their team injured and Tommy Coyne scored both in a 2-0 win. That was our first win against them in the league since the 75/76 season. 

9 hours ago, mychurch said:

Not a patch on St Andrews Jahangir tho 

I very much doubt there’s anything that McPake can do, to make me think he deserves next season. If, and it’s a monumental if, he can get a good run between now and the end of the season, including far fewer idiotic subs, iffy lineups and baffling tactics, then I’d maybe reconsider, but it’s unlikely. He, or possibly the club needs to send him on media training, he comes across absolutely abysmally, and like it or not, image is incredibly important. 

I think some people have hugely over reacted to a single victory, over a frankly terrible team. 

37 minutes ago, srw said:

I very much doubt there’s anything that McPake can do, to make me think he deserves next season. If, and it’s a monumental if, he can get a good run between now and the end of the season, including far fewer idiotic subs, iffy lineups and baffling tactics, then I’d maybe reconsider, but it’s unlikely. He, or possibly the club needs to send him on media training, he comes across absolutely abysmally, and like it or not, image is incredibly important. 

I think some people have hugely over reacted to a single victory, over a frankly terrible team. 

Not having a go - but I can't remember a single one of our managers who have come across well during media interviews except Neil McCann.

Don't think it's a massive thing. It's not as if Mourinho comes across well these days.