All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Hamilton should have started after his match against Dunfermline.

Seeing as Hazard started against Morten it should be Hazard again to give him a chance to establish himself.

With all the long throws Morton launched into our box we would more than likely have conceded from 1 of these with Hamilton in the goal pretty much stuck to his line.  Hazard came and took quite a few of them that eased the pressure on our defenders. 

The keeper and defence weren’t the problem yesterday. Our lack of attacking options and our manager’s tactics, substitutions and signings were. 

Edited by Yenitit

Nobody is pinning it all on Kerr, just pointing out he''s nowhere good enough and never has been.

If he wasn't from Dundee not one fan would have his back. He's absolutely appalling on the ball and bang average defensively. Getting away with it because he's not our biggest problem shows the mentality that maybe McPake has too.

My Grans Dundee through and through for over 70 years but if she stepped on the pitch I'd be frothing at the mouth cause she's absolutely gubbins at football. At least the walking stick would maybe help in an aerial duel cause Kerrs not won one in his life.

If we had proper coaches he wouldn't still be as thin as a bookies pen and brushed off the ball by any sort of athletic player.

That's what's stopping us moving forward. The whole club stinks at the moment. Get some professionalism Dundee for fucksake.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Is there a valid reason we took ferrie off the bench here sent him in loan to sit on the bench at Falkirk ? Surely there had to be better offers not so much level wise but game time wise , seems pointless other than not paying for what I would assume one of the cheapest wages in the squad

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Is there a valid reason we took ferrie off the bench here sent him in loan to sit on the bench at Falkirk ? Surely there had to be better offers not so much level wise but game time wise , seems pointless other than not paying for what I would assume one of the cheapest wages in the squad

Got Hazard, better choice at this level, gives Ferrie experience and hopefully more game time.

Got Hazard, better choice at this level, gives Ferrie experience and hopefully more game time.

I get why we sent him off what I don’t get is why did we send him to sit on a bench somewhere else instead of playing even if it’s at a far lower level, if he’s gonna sit and don nothing at Falkirk he might as well sit and do nothing here in an environment he knows and people he trusts

Agree with the comments that Kerr is a not major problem for us. He’s not the best, but there are other parts of the team that may need more tinkering.

I do however think we need to get rid of everyone associated with last years debacle. It was smart not to change everything in 1 go, but come the close season Cammy, Gouser and the few other first team members who were here last season have to go. McPake was not part of the first team manage last year, so could be excused from the cull, but if we want to get rid of this cult of failure, then maybe he needs to be moved in as well. 

11 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Hazard 

Looking at replays I don't think he realises that ball is going to drop well short of him and ends up with a horrible deflection off his legs.  If what you say is correct about how he looked to control his area against high balls over the 90 he is worth another go.

3 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Looking at replays I don't think he realises that ball is going to drop well short of him and ends up with a horrible deflection off his legs.  If what you say is correct about how he looked to control his area against high balls over the 90 he is worth another go.

I’d honestly say he commanded his area quite well and is a no brainer that he starts this week. 

Freekick bang in the middle of the posts, 20 yards out with a really strong wind behind the taker and it was fairly inevitable that it was going in. The gap in our wall was the problem and I’ve no idea what Kerr was thinking leaving the gap. 

Mention it quietly but Forster had a good game as well. Won everything in the air and never made any errors defensively. Maybe gave the ball away now and again but as long as he defends we’ll I’m happy enough with that. 

Byrne was excellent at finding the areas of the park when Morton were down to 10 men that no one could actually find him with ball 😡 The manager tho 😮

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Mention it quietly but Forster had a good game as well. Won everything in the air and never made any errors defensively. Maybe gave the ball away now and again but as long as he defends we’ll I’m happy enough with that.  

Its his Beckenbauer moments (showing my age here!)  that are the major issue for me.  Fundamentals of clearing his lines and so on are ok but he lacks any real skill with the ball at his feet and isn't the fastest.

36 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Pretty hard to post about Dundee these days unless you want to laugh at us.
Just such an awful , shite going club the now

Seeing as McPake’s team of signings never ‘gelled’ from the summer, how long do we give this group of players to gel that we signed in January?

Seeing as McPake’s team of signings never ‘gelled’ from the summer, how long do we give this group of players to gel that we signed in January?
Pretty mental but genuinely I dont give a f**k.
It's a joke the now. Even if its until next week or week after he probably wont be gone anyway.
Court case coming up so see what happens. Dundee as a club do well with helping out guilty people so doubt this shouldnt change anything.
Meh roll on next season

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Pretty mental but genuinely I dont give a f**k.
It's a joke the now. Even if its until next week or week after he probably wont be gone anyway.
Court case coming up so see what happens. Dundee as a club do well with helping out guilty people so doubt this shouldnt change anything.
Meh roll on next season

That's cheered me up, no end.

Thank you.