All things Dundee FC

I like the sound of Mullen might not be the star signing we were all looking for but at least it’s something, although am I the only one who finds it ludicrous that we are leaving it to the last 10 hours of the window to try and get someone in ??

I suppose that’s the Dundee way [emoji51]

15 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Christie Elliott should do well for you, I reckon. Not the most gifted and can be very frustrating at time, but works his arse off for 90 minutes. Would've taken him back at Thistle no danger at all.

If he can kick a ball he will be a better option than Cammy Kerr.

Elliott’s pretty limited going forward despite him signing for us as a winger/striker. Always gives 110%, pretty quick, can run up and down the wing all day and pretty solid defensively especially in a 1 on 1 with a winger. Also a great guy.

I’ve always defended Cammy, and thought this step down could help him regain his form, but the sad truth is, he has just lost it, and by the look of it, it’s not coming back. 

He was close to a Scotland call up a few times, but now he doesn’t even look Championship standard. 

It’s not one of the big concerns that needed addressed ASAP IMO, but if the new guy is better, then we can’t complain. 

I’ve always defended Cammy, and thought this step down could help him regain his form, but the sad truth is, he has just lost it, and by the look of it, it’s not coming back. 
He was close to a Scotland call up a few times, but now he doesn’t even look Championship standard. 
It’s not one of the big concerns that needed addressed ASAP IMO, but if the new guy is better, then we can’t complain. 

Whether he’s better or not, we need a right back. If Cammy gets injured we’re fucked. A bit of competition wouldn’t do him any harm either.

Think Mullen and Christie would be good signings, much better signings than the panic buys we’ve made in past January windows of failed English League 2 players. These boys know the league and understand it so should be able to make an impact. McPake deserves a bit of credit for not just making signings for the sake of it which again, many managers in the past are guilty of.

If we can bring in Berra, Christie, Mullen and 1 other then I think we will have improved.

8 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

When the f**k was this like? emoji23.png You dreamt this didn't you?

Was way back under Hartley, Strachan had him watched as RB was a problem position, and he was close.

I thought he was quite decent when at us

The number of goals we conceded from crosses into the back post when he was playing was frightening. He’s totally incapable of marking. I’m not a big fan of Kerr at all but he was (and probably still is) better than McGinn.

Think Mullen and Christie would be good signings, much better signings than the panic buys we’ve made in past January windows of failed English League 2 players. These boys know the league and understand it so should be able to make an impact. McPake deserves a bit of credit for not just making signings for the sake of it which again, many managers in the past are guilty of.

If we can bring in Berra, Christie, Mullen and 1 other then I think we will have improved.
As soon as a new manager of Carlisle came in he was dropped. Pressley had Carlisle struggling mega.
Carlisle fans suggesting under pressley he lacked confidence
Pressley any better than McPake ?

However any player to challenge kerr at right back is welcome

The number of goals we conceded from crosses into the back post when he was playing was frightening. He’s totally incapable of marking. I’m not a big fan of Kerr at all but he was (and probably still is) better than McGinn.
Probably still is ?

That will be enough.

McGinn seems to have had a decent career so far.
Kerr ?