All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Eh? 

Well for a start signing unproven youngsters in our current position is absurd, we have our own untried youth players that we could experiment with.

Your the one making this guy out to be great mate. I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

We have twice made the mistake of bringing in an unproven youngster as a manager and that is why we are in the position we find ourselves in.  

This league is not the place to allow people to learn on the job if you are serious about getting out of it as soon as possible. The same applies to players.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Because he is good in youth games for rangers on rangers tv.
I've never heard of him but if anything would give competition for Kerr rather than just relying on 1 player in that position.

I think where we are at now if we were to give a rangers player playing time then so be it.

Don't get me wrong, he would probably be an adequate sub but I doubt he would be an improvement.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

We have twice made the mistake of bringing in an unproven youngster as a manager and that is why we are in the position we find ourselves in.  

This league is not the place to allow people to learn on the job if you are serious about getting out of it as soon as possible. The same applies to players.

My point exactly.

I certainly dont think it's a priority .
Danny Johnson contract run out in summer ? Why did he go for nothing ?

I do like this time of season, plenty names flying about, I'm guessing if we are letting mcpake sign n bring his own players in then come February his court case dosnt matter of outcome ..

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

We should check out this Josh McPake guy.

Gary McKenzie. 

Giorgios Efrem. 

Andrew Shinnie. 

All highly rated youth at Rangers who done very well at Dens. 

Still, Josh McPake never worked so we should just never loan a youngster ever again. 

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I certainly dont think it's a priority .
Danny Johnson contract run out in summer ? Why did he go for nothing ?

I do like this time of season, plenty names flying about, I'm guessing if we are letting mcpake sign n bring his own players in then come February his court case dosnt matter of outcome ..

I’ve heard that it was the final straw for Johnson when he found out Cameron was starting before him and that he lost the plot.  The fall out from it was that he was told to find another club.

G_Man, you know more about the reserves than me but I’ve also heard Cameron was playing a full 90 minutes for the reserves last Tuesday before starting against Dunfermline on Friday night?  He then played the full 90 last night in the reserve cup.  Mental playing such a young player on the Tuesday night in a reserve match before giving him his first team start 3 nights later.

I’ve heard that it was the final straw for Johnson when he found out Cameron was starting before him and that he lost the plot.  The fall out from it was that he was told to find another club.
G_Man, you know more about the reserves than me but I’ve also heard Cameron was playing a full 90 minutes for the reserves last Tuesday before starting against Dunfermline on Friday night?  He then played the full 90 last night in the reserve cup.  Mental playing such a young player on the Tuesday night in a reserve match before giving him his first team start 3 nights later.
I heard he fell out before Cameron was named - that's why Cameron started and not him.

My mates young lad been punted out to kirrie for rest of season ( just turned 16) and had barry smith helping him out. Last I seen Smith was delivering for some fruit and veg company aswell as coaching at Dundee and now at Dumbarton so unsure what the script will be now for the young lad.
I know a few of the lads have went out to amateur/ junior teams

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I heard he fell out before Cameron was named - that's why Cameron started and not him.

Cameron was in the team to start in the Ayr game that was postponed too but have also heard there was a bust up Thursday 

Things not nearly right there

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

Gary McKenzie. 

Giorgios Efrem. 

Andrew Shinnie. 

All highly rated youth at Rangers who done very well at Dens. 

Still, Josh McPake never worked so we should just never loan a youngster ever again. 

I just can't understand how you could possibly rate a guy so highly on the basis of a few clips of youth games and few *** quotes.

We are just going to have to disagree on this one mate.

Detaching from the despair of losing DJ, him leaving kind of needed to happen. Considering his attitude problem and everyone's preference of Kano, it would just continue to keep the atmosphere toxic behind the scenes. So long as we can get a striker/competent wingers able to compliment Kano rather than compete with him, you'd imagine play would have to be more positive going forward.

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Detaching from the despair of losing DJ, him leaving kind of needed to happen. Considering his attitude problem and everyone's preference of Kano, it would just continue to keep the atmosphere toxic behind the scenes. So long as we can get a striker/competent wingers able to compliment Kano rather than compete with him, you'd imagine play would have to be more positive going forward.

We get the ball forward?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

My mates young lad been punted out to kirrie for rest of season ( just turned 16) and had barry smith helping him out. Last I seen Smith was delivering for some fruit and veg company aswell as coaching at Dundee and now at Dumbarton so unsure what the script will be now for the young lad.
I know a few of the lads have went out to amateur/ junior teams

Has the 16 year old been put to play for Kirrie Thistle the junior side? If he has that’s decent for a 16 year old and should definitely toughen him up. Not a bad policy to play school kids at that level to learn the game and how to look after themselves. 

Edited by Yenitit

Has the 16 year old been put to play for Kirrie Thistle the junior side? If he has that’s decent for a 16 year old and should definitely toughen him up. Not a bad policy to play school kids at that level to learn the game and how to look after themselves. 
Yes
Another I believe went to East Cragie. Still train during the week with Dundee also so fairly is grafting. Between that and school also.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yes
Another I believe went to East Cragie. Still train during the week with Dundee also so fairly is grafting. Between that and school also.

The average age of East Craigie squad must be about 18. That's including a 33 year old and and 37 year old CM pairing. They're flying this year. 

Edited by Dele

The average age of East Craigie squad must be about 18. That's including a 33 year old and and 37 year old CM pairing. They're flying this year. 
I cant tell you zero about them or anything really to do with junior or amateur. I do know that the three players who are all 16 havnt signed contracts for Dundee still. So see what happens. Getting treated pretty poorly.

30 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I cant tell you zero about them or anything really to do with junior or amateur. I do know that the three players who are all 16 havnt signed contracts for Dundee still. So see what happens. Getting treated pretty poorly.

Ties in with what Strachan was saying on the radio about getting kids playing above their age level and in the local area. Kinda throwback to a bygone age when the young stars of the game progressed through the juniors. 

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lad whose highest games have been with Curzon Ashton and Wigan U23 and have 36 minutes with Dundee under his belt = "Cracking player, could be something"

Anyone from Rangers youth regardless of having played in the first team = "waste of time"

To be fair, not many have said Crankshaw is a cracking player just that he played well when he came on.

The amount of loan players that have flopped is unreal. We badly, badly needed a winger. We don't badly need a RB at this moment in time.

We need a CH and a striker.