All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

From the outside looking in Johnson was one of the players that worried me the most when playing you's.

Who do you guys think has been better this season, Hemmings or Johnson?

Hemmings by a distance.

I'm not 100% sure Johnson was a team player. I don't want to cast aspersions on something I don't know but based on his interviews at the start of the season, he thought he'd be THE star man of the club and we'd build a team round him... then we signed our hero Hemmings.

Johnson's a good player and I'd have kept him on ability but there were certain games where it just looked like he wasn't putting in the effort.

Hemmings has had to revolutionise himself as a striker. Every week he does a power of work for the team in a completely thankless role. Feel sorry for Hemmings because he's quickly lost his reputation as one of the most dangerous strikers in Scotland because we have him chasing lost causes, holding the ball up and working off scraps. 

Bring in a player that will compliment Hemmings and we will be fine IMO.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Said rumour is that Strachan is suggesting McCormack, whereas McPake is prioritising Alan Forrest, and failing that Tony Watt before McCormack.

I would have McCormack ahead of Watt, I really don't rate the guy.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I would have McCormack ahead of Watt, I really don't rate the guy.

McCormack is done imo, managed a whole 3 games with Motherwell before they and Villa had enough. Watt would provide a potential foil for Hemmings that could prove fruitful. Neither are really inspiring tbh but I feel Watt would be a more reliable player, as weird as that is to say.

Johnson was clearly going to be the main man for us then somehow Hemmings came available and we’re not exactly going to have Hemmings coming back up north to play second fiddle.

There’s got to be at least 3/4 more guys incoming over the next few days. Madness if it.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Forrest > McCormack > Watt.

And I realise that McCormack is finished.

It will not be Forrest ! As far as I am led to believe his future will be announced Thursday and there was no mention of Dundee