All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who do you guys think has been better this season, Hemmings or Johnson?

Easily Hemmings. Johnson scored goals and got the occasional assist, Hemmings has scored more goals in open play, got more assists, and is usually key to every successful attacking play we have as he usually also has to play the holding role at the same time. Johnson was #2, he knew it and he wanted to be somewhere where he was #1.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

From the outside looking in Johnson was one of the players that worried me the most when playing you's.

Who do you guys think has been better this season, Hemmings or Johnson?

Impossible to gauge accurately I'm afraid, neither one has been played and utilised consistently to his natural strength and talent at any time.

Transfer Kane Hemmings as well and we'll be 4 - 6 - 0 next game, obviously McPake's secret dream formation.

Best regards

Barry Smith offski too, joining Jim Duffy at Dumbarton. Will have great success together and then rejoin the mighty Dee to lift us from this hoodoo...

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4279

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Hemmings easily better than Johnson?
Cant say I agree . Better yes but easily and by a country mile ? I mean Johnson has played second fiddle and still scored more goals.
Somebody may break it down in detail but hey if we get a better replacement then perfect .

Hope he gets given a good chance down south.

More signings please McPake.

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

In Crankshaw we finally have the type of winger we need to play a proper 442. Now we've let Johnson go - only not unbelievable because McPake is in charge. Does this mean that 451, that generally fails us miserably, is going to be the norm? Can this season get any worse?

If 200+ minutes without a shot on target doesn't convince McPake that 1 striker isn't working, I doubt anything will.

“Fucking hell” can only be my reaction to today’s transfer dealings.

The keeper’s a bit meh tbh but is an improvement on Hamilton, having said that so would I. 

We’ve went from having 3 more than decent strikers for this level with 1 unfortunately blighted with injuries and played out of position. Now we sell the guy who promised goals when he played and he did but got very few games from the start.  Now we need a striker 😡 the manager has lost the plot unless we’ve sealed a deal on a striker of the same standard and it’s to be announced after the midweek fixtures. Wtf is going on 😡

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Impossible to gauge accurately I'm afraid, neither one has been played and utilised consistently to his natural strength and talent at any time.

Transfer Kane Hemmings as well and we'll be 4 - 6 - 0 next game, obviously McPake's secret dream formation.

Best regards

It’s all making sense now TCM.  Was it not Levein that once played that or a similar type formation when he was manager of Scotland?

It’s obvious Nelms is preparing the team for Levein’s appointment.  It would tie in with the way Nelms has lurched from one set of supposed criteria to the exact opposite criteria every time Nelms has made a managerial appointment so far:

Appointment 1: ex Dundee player with no managerial experience (McCann).

Appointment 2: ex United player with managerial experience that hates the Dees (McIntyre).

Appointment 3: back to trying an ex Dundee player with no managerial experience (McPake).

Appointment 4: back to trying an ex United player with managerial experience that hates the Dees (Levein).

I have a strange feeling that morale will increase in the coming weeks with the new faces and getting rid of those with bad attitudes.

I admire the optimism but the only way morale will be increased is with good results. With the squad we’re left with and the manager we have? Can’t see it.

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I admire the optimism but the only way morale will increased is with good results. With the squad we’re left with and the manager we have? Can’t see it.

The new lads won't have experienced that, and it will take just one win to get the rest of the lads upbeat. I still believe the players believe in and play for McPake, they just need to show it. If I don't believe this then why go on as a fan?

Edit: Inb4 we lose 3-0 to Morten and I call for Jazza's head on a pike.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It’s all making sense now TCM.  Was it not Levein that once played that or a similar type formation when he was manager of Scotland?

It’s obvious Nelms is preparing the team for Levein’s appointment.  It would tie in with the way Nelms has lurched from one set of supposed criteria to the exact opposite criteria every time Nelms has made a managerial appointment so far:

Appointment 1: ex Dundee player with no managerial experience (McCann).

Appointment 2: ex United player with managerial experience that hates the Dees (McIntyre).

Appointment 3: back to trying an ex Dundee player with no managerial experience (McPake).

Appointment 4: back to trying an ex United player with managerial experience that hates the Dees (Levein).

I see what you're saying Shadow, however all's still good with Mr Nelms master-plan, I don't recall Craig Levein actually playing for the smeggers down the street.

Therefore, not completely 100% tarnished, only 99.7%  imho, lol.  That 0.3% margin will make all the difference, you wait and see.

Played Czech Republic lining up 4 - 6 - 0 as I recall, tactical class!!!!  Think they only lost 1-0!

Best regards

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

I see what you're saying Shadow, however all's still good with Mr Nelms master-plan, I don't recall Craig Levein actually playing for the smeggers down the street.

Therefore, not completely 100% tarnished, only 99.7%  imho, lol.  That 0.3% margin will make all the difference, you wait and see.

Played Czech Republic lining up 4 - 6 - 0 as I recall, tactical class!!!!  Think they only lost 1-0!

Best regards

You’re spot on.  Ex manager but not ex player.  I still hate him though 😂