All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Dumped by your club?

Played for Scotland 10 years ago?

Nobody else to have you? 

Come to Dens! 

We offer high wages for inflated egos! 

Don't believe us? See quotes from our members...

"I was turning 40 and away to pack it in, Dundee offered me silly money for my immobility"

K. Miller, Glasgow

"My mate got me a great deal without having to do much movement"

G. Dorrans, Glasgow.

So, Berra, Hutton, Iwelumo, Leighton....

Plenty time left boys!

Wee Gordon still got a game in him I reckon.

He's free to go because he's a high earner and can't play a high line like Stendel wants.  If you give him cover or sit deeper he is easily a good enough out and out defender for the Championship.  He could probably still do it in the premiership with the right team .
Mark Kerr was seen as too old and too slow by teams a couple of years ago and he's been one of the key reasons why Ayr have done so well since returning to the championship.

You need to get the right players in the right system, obviously. But I agree with you wholeheartedly - Christophe Berra could be an excellent signing for a number of teams at this level or even just above.

Imagine getting married and only two days later being crushingly released by your boyhood club. 

Imagine all that and then getting sent to play for Dundee. 

I'd feel sorry for him but his names fucking Christophe. He deserves every bit of stick he's about to get. 

Crankshaw looked very impressive when he came on and finally the team had drive, energy and some stature. I can understand while McPake wanted to start with Cameron, but it really was a boy being replaced by a man. If he keeps up that level of performance, we will be fine. 

Sore loss, but it was another 2 mistakes that cost us. You could also argue that it was great play by Dunfermline though. Kerr should have stopped the cross getting in, but it was good wing play. We really should have defended the cross better, but again it was good attacking play. 2nd goal was a due to a young lad losing the ball. Thats the danger in playing kids, but still there was a lot to be done to score the goal and you have to give Nisbet credit.

Bad times, but anybody claiming that this is the worst team in Dundee history really has not been a fan for any length of time. 

16 minutes ago, mychurch said:

Bad times, but anybody claiming that this is the worst team in Dundee history really has not been a fan for any length of time. 

I don't think anyone has said this is the worst team in Dundee history.

However, this team is on target to have less points than the lowest finishing Dundee team in history.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

You just have to look at David Weir at rangers to see how important experience and positioning is. As long as you've got pace on the cover I'd have thought he'd be a brilliant signing.

Two of his final Hearts games were against us.

One was a Levein game, where Berra spent the whole game thumping the ball out and play and barely being able to move, culminating in an own goal. Corner came in, nobody near Berra, and he can barely move his legs so it just thumps of his standing leg and goes in the next.

Second game under Stendel, we plonked Michael O'Halloran on him, and just thumped balls over Berras head for 90 minutes. Got plenty of chances from that as Berra cant run, so you're asking the full back to help cover him, which kills attacks down that side.

Hes dreadful unless opposition teams intend to just punt balls to exactly where hes standing so he can head it away.

6 hours ago, mychurch said:

I've been a fan since 1988. At the moment I'd say (at 2nd tier level anyway) only Kernaghan's shower of shite was worse. However if McPake is allowed to continue and see out the season I fully believe he'll "eclipse" even that c**t. 

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Dumped by your club?

Played for Scotland 10 years ago?

Nobody else to have you? 

Come to Dens! 

We offer high wages for inflated egos! 

Don't believe us? See quotes from our members...

"I was turning 40 and away to pack it in, Dundee offered me silly money for my immobility"

K. Miller, Glasgow

"My mate got me a great deal without having to do much movement"

G. Dorrans, Glasgow.

So, Berra, Hutton, Iwelumo, Leighton....

Plenty time left boys!

Spot on johnny.

Looks like we are continuing with the belief that if you are / were a big name in Scottish football we will sign you no matter how past it you are.  Shows a real lack of knowledge in how to build a team.

I’ve also heard that McPake is looking to sign  the ex Celtic player  Johannes "Jan" Vennegoor of Hesselink.

McPake was apparently heard saying you can’t get a much bigger name than Johannes "Jan" Vennegoor of Hesselink.

Edited by Shadow Play

From the same Daily Record report the news about Berra came from:

Dundee should complete the loan signing of Celtic keeper Conor Hazard for the rest of the season.

The Northern Irish cap previously had a spell at Dens Park earlier in the season.

Is that an imminent deal or is it just the reporter's advice after seeing Hamilton play a few times? I feel like I may be on the minority here but I'm happy with this, thought he was way more consistent than Jack when he came here.