All things Dundee FC

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Tough times for you lads.

Who would you want in If McPake was punted?

Probably not fashionable choices, but wouldn't the likes of John McGlynn or Dick Campbell to steady things and get you competitive for the play-offs be acceptable? 

Tommy Wright would be acceptable going by his latest rantings in the paper.

For the first time in the last decade United are in the best position of the Tayside teams. I mean it won’t last but it makes a change.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I actually think at the end of the season it would be a good move for both parties. For Wright, a fresh challenge at a club where he could make a quick impact, in return he'd bring organisation, stability, consistency and a competitive team.  It's exactly what Dundee need after the last couple of seasons of debacle surely?

Probably not a popular choice with some Dundee supporters, but that would be forgotten with a few wins.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I actually think at the end of the season it would be a good move for both parties. For Wright, a fresh challenge at a club where he could make a quick impact, in return he'd bring organisation, stability, consistency and a competitive team.  It's exactly what Dundee need after the last couple of seasons of debacle surely?

Probably not a popular choice with some Dundee supporters, but that would be forgotten with a few wins.

Petty feelings mean nothing if results are forthcoming.

Yawn.

This is getting mighty boring now, I'm not even bothered anymore. 

He won't get the sack unless he gets charged and even then it's not a certainty.

Nelms has this long term plan of building a team from youth an inexperience in the hope we might sell a few for millions, but it's never going to work if you don't have the fans buying into it and to do that you have to have a decent first team and manager. Although on paper we have 80% of a decent team, the manager lets us down, he is waaaay out his depth. We need an old head, who will bring stability.

I know some of you will vomit in yoir mouth a little but I think the way to go is Dick Campbell, Jim Duffy or even Mark McGhee. This needs to be set up properly and not experimented with every fuckin week.

I am fuckin done this season.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

If he wasn't such a fat, mewling grass, he'd be the first choice on many supporters lips.

At this point, I reckon we'd take pretty much anyone. I mean, people on various platforms are touting the likes of John Hughes, Barry Smith (In the short term) and Danny Lennon.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not convinced he'll continue managing after this season. Hes given it up before if he feels it has too much impact on his personal life, and that interview reads like someone PM the edge.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yawn.

This is getting mighty boring now, I'm not even bothered anymore. 

He won't get the sack unless he gets charged and even then it's not a certainty.

Nelms has this long term plan of building a team from youth an inexperience in the hope we might sell a few for millions, but it's never going to work if you don't have the fans buying into it and to do that you have to have a decent first team and manager. Although on paper we have 80% of a decent team, the manager lets us down, he is waaaay out his depth. We need an old head, who will bring stability.

I know some of you will vomit in yoir mouth a little but I think the way to go is Dick Campbell, Jim Duffy or even Mark McGhee. This needs to be set up properly and not experimented with every fuckin week.

I am fuckin done this season.

Mark McGhee can get in the bin, not least because he'd still have the 6 game ban to sit out through.

Campbell - With Rab would sort out these bunch of shitebags. Jim Duffy though. 😍

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not convinced he'll continue managing after this season. Hes given it up before if he feels it has too much impact on his personal life, and that interview reads like someone PM the edge.

He's lost it that badly he's started mailing U2's guitarist?! 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Mark McGhee can get in the bin, not least because he'd still have the 6 game ban to sit out through.

Campbell - With Rab would sort out these bunch of shitebags. Jim Duffy though. 😍

McGhee's 6 game ban would have more impact than McPake.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he had the financial means to craft a team I'm sure he'd been much less stressed. You'd imagine we'd offer that. I'm so low I'd honestly welcome it if it ever did happen, but I believe we'll be stuck with McPake til we're in a complete relegation dogfight.

You'd have to imagine with his role as Technical Director managing the coaches, that Strachan would have a fairly big say in who would be next in charge. Hopefully his influence would be enough to counter Nelms' naivete.

McPake isn't getting fired though, so it's pointless.