All things Dundee FC

What is there left.
No right minded person would pay to watch this indescribable crap.
Nelms the destructor.

Apologies for pished and depressed post.

That being said, I stand by every word. [emoji107]

Big game today for United and all [mention=22765]Granny Danger[/mention] and [mention=24649]Twinkle[/mention] can bring themselves to talk about, across multiple threads, is Dundee FC.
Your first, your last, your everything. 

a couple of fanny’s

I normally come away from having watched a managers post match interview with a little encouragement.

McPake's post match interview on Dee TV suggests he's done. Not officially, not like he will get sacked or anything but just his general demeanour. He's a broken man presiding over a broken club being watched or avoided as was the case last night, by a broken support.

His statistics are worse than Kernaghan's. Only the fact that McIntyre was our manager last season saves me from saying McPake is our worst ever.

I thought I was at my lowest supporting Dundee when John Brown was appointed little more than half a decade ago. This is so, so, so much worse. Unimaginably worse.

McCann annoys me more than most. Squandering hundreds of thousands on the likes of Jack Hamilton.

He started this rot and two complete and utter duds have carried on his work.

I normally come away from having watched a managers post match interview with a little encouragement.
McPake's post match interview on Dee TV suggests he's done. Not officially, not like he will get sacked or anything but just his general demeanour. He's a broken man presiding over a broken club being watched or avoided as was the case last night, by a broken support.
His statistics are worse than Kernaghan's. Only the fact that McIntyre was our manager last season saves me from saying McPake is our worst ever.
I thought I was at my lowest supporting Dundee when John Brown was appointed little more than half a decade ago. This is so, so, so much worse. Unimaginably worse.
McCann annoys me more than most. Squandering hundreds of thousands on the likes of Jack Hamilton.

I actually liked Brown tbh, if defended Hamilton in the past , but enough is enough for me, I still feel more of the blame should be placed on the defence but Hamilton does himself no favours, but Connor hazard isn’t not the answer

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Good on you.  You have that and the “we relegated United” to fondly look back on as you languish in the second tier for years to come.

For the 1,940th time.  We didn’t relegate United.  It was the results over the course of the season that relegated United. 😉

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Getting some milage out of this :lol: 

#respec

I certainly am.  I never even bothered to check how many United fans turned up for the Doon Derby until Old Man Danger made the claim that if Dundee sold less than 2000 tickets for the recent derby at Tannadice it would be the smallest away support for a Dundee derby since he started supporting United.  It certainly looked like United had less than 2,000 fans that night.  It turned out I was right.

Edited by Shadow Play

The fact we spent that amount of money to make the team worse while being unwilling to meet the fee for Shankland(fair enough maybe he didn't want to come) says everything about the total ineptitude of those running the club in the last few years.

With any half decent manager this should have been a great season - if any post relegation season could be.

If we were anywhere near close to pushing United Dens would be a place you wanted to go on a Saturday, but on the last 2 weekends I've been delighted that a game has been called off and relieved that the cup game wasn't on the season ticket.

Looking at Tannadice today (fairly full even though it's live on TV), an obviously decent atmosphere against opposition from the league above, and compare it to Dens last night with the same formula.

I don't blame McPake, I blame those who' appointed him, they may well have ruined his career before it started, and the way things are going what positives can anyone find for the club as a whole, other than the fabled Camperdown move?

I don't blame McPake, I blame those who' appointed him, they may well have ruined his career before it started, and the way things are going what positives can anyone find for the club as a whole, other than the fabled Camperdown move?

Disagree with this. As much as I agree he should never have been appointed, he wasn’t forced to take the job. I’m sure he could have continued what he was doing before. McPake obviously felt he was ready and he clearly isn’t - and doesn’t look like he ever will be.

Football fans can be fickle at times and call for a managers head too early but usually you have at least some fans who will continue to back the manager. I don’t honk there’s one Dundee fan who is backing McPake now. No idea what Nelms is thinking but he has to get rid now. If McPake stays until the end of the season we won’t even finish in a playoff spot.

It's funny how much yesterday's game reminded me of our win against Raith in the League Cup at the start of the season. Pretty much the same except inverted, two early goals from us and a late point to seal it, without much worry in between. I remember feeling remarkably relaxed watching that game, and I can only assume Motherwell fans felt the same last night.

Both wins show a clear and distinct gap between the levels in each league. Only question now is if FPS are happy with remaining in that level for the foreseeable future. I'm willing to bet they are. Also McPake isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyone else concerned about the lack of signings talk, usually around now we at least have alleged targets, so far we’ve heard one name in callachan ,not long left of the window

On PCA front all we’ve heard is Rooney and Forrest with the former very meh and the later unlikely considering who else is apparently after him

Anyone else concerned about the lack of signings talk

No, I’d rather we used any money to get rid of McPake and replace him with someone capable of doing the job. No point wasting money on players who might not be fancied by another manager.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Anyone else concerned about the lack of signings talk, usually around now we at least have alleged targets, so far we’ve heard one name in callachan ,not long left of the window

On PCA front all we’ve heard is Rooney and Forrest with the former very meh and the later unlikely considering who else is apparently after him

The former is far better than the later imo. Would be a great signing. 

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You guys must be pleased the Scottish Cup is out of the way so you can concentrate fully on your promotion campaign.

What do you get out of comments like that? Is it supposed to wind Dundee fans up? Is it to give in-looking Arabs a laugh? Is it supposed to be witty?

All it does is leave you looking like a bit of a dick. See if that was a proper telt to the Dundee supports or someone in particular like Shadowplay's attendance comments - fair enough, but your patter is just fucking reeking Danger. My patter is reeking as well, so I tend to ya know, just speak about my team and giving my useless thoughts on different topics in the Scottish game. 

You'd think you'd have learnt your lesson by now yet time and time again you just come in with tired patter. 

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What do you get out of comments like that? Is it supposed to wind Dundee fans up? Is it to give in-looking Arabs a laugh? Is it supposed to be witty?

All it does is leave you looking like a bit of a dick. See if that was a proper telt to the Dundee supports or someone in particular like Shadowplay's attendance comments - fair enough, but your patter is just fucking reeking Danger. My patter is reeking as well, so I tend to ya know, just speak about my team and giving my useless thoughts on different topics in the Scottish game. 

You'd think you'd have learnt your lesson by now yet time and time again you just come in with tired patter. 

At least it doesn’t bother you.  That’s the main thing.

At least it doesn’t bother you.  That’s the main thing.

It’s this rubbish that eventually comes back to haunt you. You love to see it.

GD is one of these DABs that thinks they’ll be back to top 3/4, semi finals, playing in Europe etc 🤪[emoji23]

No chance. You’re a DFC on shite steroids ya stupid c**t