All things Dundee FC

I’d keep mcpake on till the end of the season , the squad on paper looks good and I don’t believe for a second that he’s the only one to blame when you have strachan, nichol and even Barry Smith right next to him every day eventually it’ll just click whether it be 1/2 players who are leaders that can take the game by the balls McGowan does it but he can’t be relied upon every game , does dorrans even fit our team?

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

there wasn’t a huge away attendance at the CW33 Doon Derby so a photo of that will be up in the boardroom beside the James Grady ball.

Supporting a Scottish football team that isn't winning trophies all the time is really all about moments of shared history. The chance to say you were there when we started world cup winners, a 40 year old came back from retirement to be Deefiant, James Grady split the net or the slayer stepped up to send the last few Dayglows home.

Do enjoy yours. Preferably somewhere else.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d keep mcpake on till the end of the season , the squad on paper looks good and I don’t believe for a second that he’s the only one to blame when you have strachan, nichol and even Barry Smith right next to him every day eventually it’ll just click whether it be 1/2 players who are leaders that can take the game by the balls McGowan does it but he can’t be relied upon every game , does dorrans even fit our team?

Each to their own but I don’t get that way of thinking. The buck stops with him and how do we know he’s taking on advice given to him by those you mentioned. Nicholl has very rarely been at his side during the games, not to say he isn’t issuing advice from sitting on the bench but it doesn’t really look like it’s happening. As for Strachan I don’t remember him employing that diamondy shape nonsense of a midfield 4 with Scotland or Celtic that McPake’s went with recently. 

Get him out know before he fucks the playoffs. 

Nope.

The longer he stays, the more he fucks up.the season. We might not even stay top 4 with him "running" the show. He needs binned asap.

And what bodes for Dundee FC using that logic?

We are on our way back up, where as a rule we do ok. 

Holy shit, my irony meter has just exploded [emoji38]

20 years in the top tier last time around, 35 years the time before that.  I can only assume that yo-yos in Fife have very long strings.

Lets see where we end up. I'm not making any false proclamations. I don't know the squad for next season. 

But, a fellow supporter of your club reckons we are a yo yo club. I don't think we are. I think Dundee are, as history proves. 

Imagine responding to a simple number with these wee diatribe then ending it by calling other people angry. Quality stuff.

Neither Dundee club should be out of the top division for a prolonged period of time.  Money plays a significant factor in football and the two clubs have the sixth and seventh highest revenue in Scotland.  Mismanagement has played a huge part for the demise of both clubs but if that can be addressed both clubs should be in the top flight and be able to avoid the relegation dogfight.

Ross my man, I don't care if you're angry or not. Surely to f**k though you understand why Utd fans might be wanting to do a bit of gloating at the moment?

You seem to have a bit of a fixation with people being angry or raging, is it possible you're taking this all slightly too seriously? You also seem to be attributing opinions to me which I've never expressed. For me Dundee are and always will be our biggest rivals and I'll always take enjoyment from us being on top in the city. I expect the same back when the roles are reversed.

Fucked if I know what you're on about in that second sentence.

10th. Fine with me. Our rebuilding will take ages

Seventh to tenth but not scraping along every week trying to keep out of the relegation/play off spots.

I never said that’s how it works, I said that’s how it should work.  I also pointed out that mismanagement at both clubs have been the main cause of our respective failings. I still believe that revenue does and should play a major part in a club’s fortunes.  There will, of course, be exceptions - St Johnstone being a good example of this.  A club that has over performed in relation to their resources, something I would put down to a good manager who has been prepared to stick with them.

The greatest thing to happen in most Dundee fans lives was seeing United suffer misfortune. Now the more deranged ones make it through each day with the hope of misfortune still to come.

Thats no life.

there wasn’t a huge away attendance at the CW33 Doon Derby so a photo of that will be up in the boardroom beside the James Grady ball.

World Cup winners?

giphy.gif&key=0aa39ddfc58a1c87ed163f4a7f6a1ea2fbdfd3b7ee9d99979aa68c29d22b86b1

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The greatest thing to happen in most Dundee fans lives was seeing United suffer misfortune.

Now the more deranged ones make it through each day with the hope of misfortune still to come.

Thats no life.

I'd wager the best things to happen in the vast majority of Dundee fan's lives has happened away from football.

If the greatest thing that has happened in Dundee United's fan's lives is when their team won something then I'd suggest they have had a far worse existence. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I'd wager the best things to happen in the vast majority of Dundee fan's lives has happened away from football.

If the greatest thing that has happened in Dundee United's fan's lives is when their team won something then I'd suggest they have had a far worse existence. 

You’re inability to understand that post in context does not surprise me.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re inability to understand that post in context does not surprise me.

That may not surprise you but it would appear that learning the lowest away support to attend a Dundee derby since you started supporting United was only 1,940 fans did surprise you.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That may not surprise you but it would appear that learning the lowest away support to attend a Dundee derby since you started supporting United was only 1,940 fans did surprise you.

It won’t surprise me if you’re still posting this in four years time when your in administration three and we have solidified our position in the Premiership.

40 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

might be less than 1,940 dee's at the united's having a party derby in april...

Hardly.  As Granny Danger implied when he posted on the derby thread anything less than 2,000 fans for either team at a derby is embarrassing.

I always like to be fair so I should perhaps point out that GD posted that when it looked like Dundee were going to sell less than 2,000 tickets and he thought United took more than 2,000 to the Doon Derby.  He was wrong on both counts of course.

It won’t surprise me if you’re still posting this in four years time when your in administration three and we have solidified our position in the Premiership.
Love his optimism and naivety all in one post. They berate us for years about how naive we were under Marr etc but here we are in 2020 and they're going all in with some American (who doesn't really want to be there), who is single handedly bankrolling what will be an utter catastrophe long term....couldna script it!! [emoji23]

Just now, Dee-funked said:

they're going all in with some American, who is single handedly bankrolling what will be an utter catastrophe long term.

This describes both sides in Dundee, btw.

Love his optimism and naivety all in one post. They berate us for years about how naive we were under Marr etc but here we are in 2020 and they're going all in with some American (who doesn't really want to be there), who is single handedly bankrolling what will be an utter catastrophe long term....couldna script it!! [emoji23]

How do you know Ogren doesn’t want to be here?

How do you know Ogren doesn’t want to be here?
The folk who brought him here didn't give him the full story, he found this out after the deal was done, he was raging, but fair play, he's took the attitude 'in for a penny' and is running with it. Doesn't fill you with confidence that it'll end well of course.