All things Dundee FC

From Robert Thomson, the guy who @RandomGuy. swears by and who broke the Hemmings return. I really do not want him to leave, especially to these no marks.

MK DONS boss Russell Martin is set to target former team-mate Graham Dorrans.

The Dundee midfielder signed a one-year deal at Dens Park in September after missing a year of football at Rangers.

It’s understood there is a clause in Dorrans’ deal which allows the contract to be broken in January, although Dundee believe they have it weighted in their favour.

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

From Robert Thomson, the guy who @RandomGuy. swears by and who broke the Hemmings return. I really do not want him to leave, especially to these no marks.

Hes spot on with Saints news, but I'm not sure hes that great with other teams tbh, he likely only knew about you signing Hemmings because we were in talks with his agent at the same time.

I was trying to think of someone fairly cheap to resolve our keeper issue. What the hell has happened to Cammy Bell? Not seen him since he was at United (Where they seemed to love him - At least this was the impression I had?). Always been impressed with him (That Motherwell game aside), but it seems to have gone far, far wrong for him somewhere along the line in that he's not getting a game for League 1 Falkirk. That's pretty rough. 
Cammy Bell did fine for us until he got injured. In fact, most fans credited him gor our solid defensive numbers. No one ever said he was fat.

Then that photo appeared from somewhere and folk started shouting the odds and calling him a disgrace.

In the interim, Robbie Mutch came into the team and did really well. As our only real asset who we could get money for, it makes sense to keep playing him. I imagine he is learning a lot from someone like Bell.

That said, Bell didnt do great in the Championship in recent times so League 1 may be his level. The idea that he is suddenly some whale that cant function is lazy and stupid though.

Per BBC:

Dundee manager James McPake say he is not worried by speculation surrounding the future of midfielder Grahams Dorrans.

"Am I concerned? No, I have not had a conversation with Graham regarding it, I don't need to," said McPake.

Well that's reassuring...

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

@Bigmouth Strikes Again Tried to pm you but it said i I couldn't message you. 

Sorry to hear your news. Stay strong brother. 

Thanks Dee Man, think I need to empty the inbox, glad you never ended up like a crispy pet, saw your post on another thread that said you were ok, that's the main thing.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I know McPake rates Wighton highly, but unless he converts to a winger type role I just don't see the point.

It sounds like a "do us a favour mate". He was never a great player and he has hardly played since leaving.

We have good strikers up front and things are beginning to work for them. 

Only desperate changes we need are a keeper and a CB. 2nd place is ours if he can address those two areas.

Can he create though? Where would we put him? Behind the strikers? Gowser/Dorrans are more than capable of playing there, and he certainly isn’t capable of playing deeper than that. He’s not fast either, so he’s not going to address our lack of pace in the wide areas.