All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I would take second and pump hearts or Hamilton in the play off 👍

Aye, with the performance last night and of the last few weeks I feel that if we can make that consistent we could do well in the playoffs. It's a big if, but certainly feel better about it right now than say last month.

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Us being three points off second says more about how bad the league is than it does how good we are tbf.

Perhaps, yes, but then if you look at the teams immediately around us, Inverness, Ayr, I can see us becoming stronger as the season progresses, whereas I think they are both performing exactly as you'd expect and don't really see them improving between now and May. I doubt fans of either of those sides are claiming that they should be far closer to Utd, yet they both had a lot more stability and carry-over from last season than we did.

I'm only really concerned with how we're performing come April/May and our final overall league position. That's something that will be decided by a full season of play, not just a stuttering and unconvincing first half. To be honest, if we don't get promoted via the playoffs, then I think there's a possibility that we might be facing a league next year with a Hearts team who are even more determined to go 'win or bust' than Utd have this season, so I'm already finding myself wondering what some Dundee fans will be saying next Christmas if we're sitting second 15 points behind Hearts.

Aye, with the performance last night and of the last few weeks I feel that if we can make that consistent we could do well in the playoffs. It's a big if, but certainly feel better about it right now than say last month.
Two ifs. Keep them out of it ;-)

January I'm guessing only player so far we have been linked to is the player from St.johnstone.. a midfielder.

Hopefully again we do our business quietly and get the needed bodies in

Perhaps, yes, but then if you look at the teams immediately around us, Inverness, Ayr, I can see us becoming stronger as the season progresses, whereas I think they are both performing exactly as you'd expect and don't really see them improving between now and May. I doubt fans of either of those sides are claiming that they should be far closer to Utd, yet they both had a lot more stability and carry-over from last season than we did.
I'm only really concerned with how we're performing come April/May and our final overall league position. That's something that will be decided by a full season of play, not just a stuttering and unconvincing first half. To be honest, if we don't get promoted via the playoffs, then I think there's a possibility that we might be facing a league next year with a Hearts team who are even more determined to go 'win or bust' than Utd have this season, so I'm already finding myself wondering what some Dundee fans will be saying next Christmas if we're sitting second 15 points behind Hearts.
Let's not worry about next season. Let's concentrate on what we are doing now.
Like everything the buck lies at the board. Cant imagine the board will want us in this division for another season so just maybe they will chuck more money at us ?
If anything they havnt been shy about handing money out to managers.
Still though biggest expenditure should be this new Stadium

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

January I'm guessing only player so far we have been linked to is the player from St.johnstone.. a midfielder.

Hopefully again we do our business quietly and get the needed bodies in

Agreed. Not interested in Callachan, but if he's a decoy I'm good with that.

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I would take second and pump hearts or Hamilton in the play off 👍

Would enjoy it being Hamilton. The trip to Hearts and them coming here would be excellent, right enough. Still think that they'll spend their way to safety and it'll be Hamilton and St Mirren. 

The Stendel appointment has a whiff of the Mixu's about it. They persisted too long with a keech manager, replacement hasn't got going at all yet. I think they'd have to give him until at least March/April irrespective of results, which could already be far too late with a dispirited and disinterested squad for any emergency replacement to dig them out of the shit.

I think January will make or break them as well, but I could honestly see them still being bottom come the end of the season. They are totally honking and Stendel doesn't appear to have had any impact at all.

Yep, this does feel like pretty much a pivotal point of our season. 4 or 6 points and I could see us going on a really strong run. Fewer than that, and I think it'll be the same week to week inconsistency all the way to the end, which makes it difficult to see how we'd get through four, possibly six playoff fixtures.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Its certainly dropped points. It's a score that kept the manager in a job.
If we got pumped again I'd presume this turned a corner thinking would of went right out the window.
Partick he nearly cost us ... again with his shocking man management qualities.

Like I said January hopefully he recruits in that right areas.

17 points behind United is awful.

Spot on. 

I’ve been on here for 11 and a half years apparently. Before that it was the forum on the Official site ran by David Young. I got ‘summoned’ to the boardroom to meet Peter Marr because I’d been so critical. It was me and Dave Webster plus one other. Any gave any news of Dave Webster - haven’t heard of or seen anything of him for years and I fear the worst tbh.

Anyway I’m really looking forward to the play offs, if we make it. We’ve never taken part in them before IIRC? Big exciting games. If you finish second you’ve got a decent chance.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Any gave any news of Dave Webster - haven’t heard of or seen anything of him for years and I fear the worst tbh.

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he's still kicking about mate. See him post on stuff on FB a few times. 

(Wheelchair and glasses?)

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

4 games undefeated, and a clear improvement on the pitch. To bring out the 'if we fucked up' is ridiculous, because we didn't. The gap is bad, but the improvements speak for themselves. I know 4 games is way too low to judge on, but how many good performances will it take for those like you to give even one compliment?

The negativity is sown into the core of some folk. It obviously isn't unwarranted but surely there should be some flexibility.

The Arbroath game was anything but good. The  Dunfermline game was a tactical shambles at 4-1 up. The Partick game changed from us creating chance after chance to us hanging on for a victory because of his substitution and tactical change. Last night was poor 1st half, decent 2nd half. 

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The Arbroath game was anything but good. The  Dunfermline game was a tactical shambles at 4-1 up. The Partick game changed from us creating chance after chance to us hanging on for a victory because of his substitution and tactical change. Last night was poor 1st half, decent 2nd half. 

I'm no' converting you ever it seems haha. Things to improve, but far better attitude in the last 4 games and performances in the last 3. Need to turn our heads toward getting results these next 2 weeks and getting the quality pieces to supplement our current squad.

We were the better team the entire game last night, first 10 minutes excepted. They scored, then we looked the more comfortable all over the pitch from then on, just lacked a bit of creativity.

If we played like that in every match from here on in, we'd be top of the 'post-christmas' league table, comfortably.