All things Dundee FC

Ayr getting beat just now. If, and it is a big if, both Ayr and ICT get beat/drop points today then we've a real chance to solidify 2nd place as we have Caley then Ayr at home in our next two fixtures.

No they weren't. Unless you think we were going for a draw? Many saves did their keeper make ? Forget what they did ( our defense did well ) but overall we didnt create huge amount. Didnt test the keeper , later on in the game we certainly did better but overall draw was fair outcome.

Also was Meekings not just Kerr who made a c**t of it. Diving header like that is awful decending, however after that the back 4 did well.

Dont get me wrong happy we didnt get pumped but if your happy with a draw then it shows how far mcpake has taken us back. ( 17 points off the lead is shocking) .

Was a meh game but we needed that win last night.

Partick game get nearly cost us with his changes with 20 minutes to go according to fans ?

Just thankful partick are shite I guess

Playing away from home to a team 17 points ahead of us, running away with the league, on a 9 game win streak and beat us 6-2 the last time we went there. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that 1-1 is a decent result.

Time to be a little positive. In last 4 games when Byrne hasn't been on the park we have scored 7 and conceded 2 equating to 3 wins and a draw. That kind of form should have us all happy. Unfortunately McPake has taken too long to realise his best team but at least we appear to be getting there. While, for the Championship, this is a good enough first team, with McDaid also to return we are lacking in depth and a proper winger. Our aim is surely to come 2nd and have a team that can win the play off. On that front we are on track. Don't think there will be too many changes but think we should look to  off-load Byrne, return McPake to Rangers, sign a winger and another centre half and pray injuries / suspensions don't hurt us to much at the end of the season..  

Playing away from home to a team 17 points ahead of us, running away with the league, on a 9 game win streak and beat us 6-2 the last time we went there. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that 1-1 is a decent result.
Its certainly dropped points. It's a score that kept the manager in a job.
If we got pumped again I'd presume this turned a corner thinking would of went right out the window.
Partick he nearly cost us ... again with his shocking man management qualities.

Like I said January hopefully he recruits in that right areas.

17 points behind United is awful.

Its certainly dropped points. It's a score that kept the manager in a job.If we got pumped again I'd presume this turned a corner thinking would of went right out the window.

You keep mentioning the Partick game where he apparently nearly cost us. That absolute bollocks, we won the game and you’re still trying to have a go at the manager about it? Give it a rest ffs.

Your post are all “if this, if that”. We didn’t get pumped last night and we beat Partick so none of the points you continue to make have any relevance whatsoever. It’s moaning for moaning sake.

You didn’t even have the bottle to go last night.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Its certainly dropped points. It's a score that kept the manager in a job.
If we got pumped again I'd presume this turned a corner thinking would of went right out the window.

4 games undefeated, and a clear improvement on the pitch. To bring out the 'if we fucked up' is ridiculous, because we didn't. The gap is bad, but the improvements speak for themselves. I know 4 games is way too low to judge on, but how many good performances will it take for those like you to give even one compliment?

The negativity is sown into the core of some folk. It obviously isn't unwarranted but surely there should be some flexibility.

You keep mentioning the Partick game where he apparently nearly cost us. That absolute bollocks, we won the game and you’re still trying to have a go at the manager about it? Give it a rest ffs.  
Your post are all “if this, if that”. We didn’t get pumped last night and we beat Partick so none of the points you continue to make have any relevance whatsoever. It’s moaning for moaning sake.

You didn’t even have the bottle to go last night.

Mums in carsview so was up visiting her but thats not relevance to me going to football games or watching it on TV. Bottle right enough. Cheers for that

Facts are we are 17 points top of the league.
Mcpake is not the answer.
Hamilton kerr Forester mackie are genuinely shite ( mackie had a decent game last night granted )

Shall we leave this here ?

Mums in carsview so was up visiting her but thats not relevance to me going to football games or watching it on TV. Bottle right enough. Cheers for that

Facts are we are 17 points top of the league.
Mcpake is not the answer.
Hamilton kerr Forester mackie are genuinely shite ( mackie had a decent game last night granted )

Shall we leave this here ?

You said you weren’t going because you were playing fives, so that’s what I’d assumed. So are you going to give him tome to address these issues or is 1 transfer window all we give a manager these days.

I’m happy to continue a debate, it’s what sites like this are for, but leave the “if, buts and maybes” out of it.

4 games undefeated, and a clear improvement on the pitch. To bring out the 'if we fucked up' is ridiculous, because we didn't. The gap is bad, but the improvements speak for themselves. I know 4 games is way too low to judge on, but how many good performances will it take for those like you to give even one compliment?

The negativity is sown into the core of some folk. It obviously isn't unwarranted but surely there should be some flexibility.

Compliment apart from 1 huge mistake from 2players defence did well.

Think it was me defending hamilton and the goal ?

I will give credit where it's due defence was set up good.

Attacking wise was so so wee created very little opportunities. We are on an alright run. Hopefully this continues. My negativity is nowhere near the same as the majority of the support so you can put that one into the sea

You said you weren’t going because you were playing fives, so that’s what I’d assumed. So are you going to give him tome to address these issues or is 1 transfer window all we give a manager these days.

I’m happy to continue a debate, it’s what sites like this are for, but leave the “if, buts and maybes” out of it.

That was in jest however family comes first. Assuming on a football forum isnt probably the best of ideas. I've learnt that in my long period of time on here.

The board will give him time so shall see who he brings in. We certainly need recruitments. I did say as long as we got into play offs I'd be happy for mcpake. Anything less is a fail. Season isnt over however it's been a bad start

The last paragraph you are not guilty of this also ?

Tell yi summin mate, I've spoke to brick wa's wi mare sense than some on here Ross. 
However wee as Dundee fans seem to be attracting other Dees onto here so doing something right.
Apart from your stint away not many of us left from 10 years plus.
I dont use other forums ( or our fan ones) so no idea where is worse.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

However wee as Dundee fans seem to be attracting other Dees onto here so doing something right.
Apart from your stint away not many of us left from 10 years plus.
I dont use other forums ( or our fan ones) so no idea where is worse.

What did Div give you for your 10 year anniversary? 

We're three points off second place.

For all the inconsistency, frustrating performances, goal droughts, comedy defending, obvious weaknesses in the squad, we're three points off second place.

I'm still not sure how on earth some Dundee fans think we should be challenging Utd after the comically inept previous season, gutting the squad twice in the space of six months, appointing a rookie manager etc.

We basically started from scratch in August, having had 3 months to assemble a brand new squad, but not only that, assemble a new coaching and management staff. These things take time. This isn't Football Manager where you just throw money at a load of players you know are already good, download a tactic, then romp the league. The players need to get to know each other, need to get comfortable in new surroundings, need to get fit first of all in cases like Dorrans, the staff need time to bed in and formulate a plan, source the type of players they think can do the job and are realistic targets, there has to be time for trust and understanding to develop at all levels, not just between players and staff, but between the coaching team, the management, and the executive side of the club. Then they also have to figure out what works on the pitch, what suits the players, what the squad can't do, and how to compensate for that.

'17 points behind Utd' on the face of it appears poor, but not when you take circumstances into account, and not when we could be sitting 2nd in the table in a week or two. Utd have had four seasons to prepare and threw money at getting promoted or bust this season. We're not competing with them, so it's a nonsense to compare ourselves with them then conclude that our manager is useless and the club are a disgrace.

Perspective.

Edited by Boo Khaki