All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Until being forced into it due to injury at the QOS game McPake didn’t really give Johnson and Hemmings a real chance to form a partnership (they have scored 4 goals between them in 2.5 games since Johnston came on as a sub.

McDaid flatters to deceive.

Ness injured.

Byrne has been dreadful when used.

Gowser has only once ever scored more than 2 league goals in a season in the time he has been with us.

Dorrans gets deeper and deeper as each game goes on.

Nelson has constantly been played out of position.

When you add in the fact that Forster and Hamilton are first choice in our defence I suppose it is no suprise we are on negative goal difference.

Totally agree about not playing guys upfront together. I was kind of meaning it shouldn’t really be that difficult to organise a defence and keeper behind that lot to be doing a lot better than we are. 

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Yes.  I said one if the largest in Scottish football.  That is factually correct.

No guarantees money ensures you get good players (but having money does help........greatly).  That is why being a great motivator, a good man manager, and being tactically astute (to name but three qualities) is so important.  Unfortunately I don’t see any of these three qualities in McPake.

If that's the route you want to go down- then the likes of anyone in this league are the largest. Are we in the top 6 budgets in the league? Definitely not

Just read it on another site but how the f**k can we manage to still be on negative goal difference this far into the season with Hemmings, Nelson, Johnson, McDaid, Dorrans, Ness, Byrne and Gowser options upfront and in midfield [emoji85]
Hemmings has been getting shite service, Johnson hasn't been getting picked, and we have Meekings and Forster at the back.

We play negative, slow, side to side, backwards football with Ness, Byrne and Dorrans in the midfield, so it's no wonder we still have a negative goal difference[emoji23][emoji23]

Until being forced into it due to injury at the QOS game McPake didn’t really give Johnson and Hemmings a real chance to form a partnership (they have scored 4 goals between them in 2.5 games since Johnston came on as a sub.
McDaid flatters to deceive.
Ness injured.
Byrne has been dreadful when used.
Gowser has only once ever scored more than 2 league goals in a season in the time he has been with us.
Dorrans gets deeper and deeper as each game goes on.
Nelson has constantly been played out of position.
When you add in the fact that Forster and Hamilton are first choice in our defence I suppose it is no suprise we are on negative goal difference.
Nail on the head. Like Dorrans, McGowan and Robertson alot and that's our best midfield. Have no idea why he persists with bringing Ness on whenever he's not been injured just to give him minutes when he just stopped playing Robertson for a period of time.

Need some faster midfielders in January. That's a must. Plus at least 2 competent centre backs to help McGhee out. He's been one of our most consistent players this season, so fair play to him.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 20/12/2019 at 01:16, LM_0803 said:
Sign 2 competent centrebacks in January and I'll be happy.

Add in any other signings in other positions (LB, GK, CM) and it'll be a bonus

Still think we need a wide midfielder on the right.

Left surely? McDaid has the right nailed on.

Hemmings has been getting shite service, Johnson hasn't been getting picked, and we have Meekings and Forster at the back.

We play negative, slow, side to side, backwards football with Ness, Byrne and Dorrans in the midfield, so it's no wonder we still have a negative goal difference[emoji23][emoji23]

Is it not happening for Todd at yous? A real class act for us

Sounding like Cammy Kerr needs a knee op. McPake hoping to nurse him through to the end of the season: “Cammy is a tough boy but it (the injury) is something we might need to look at later on, hopefully in the summer if we can get him that far.”

Another year passes and we're still in the mire. This club needs a wipe out from top to bottom. I really despair that we've got McPake in charge, i really do.

As it is, it's now time to commence onto the bevie for the next two weeks. Try not to let another derby disaster spoil this period of the year folks. We'll make the play offs and that's as much as we can ask for with the crock of shit that infests the club.

Thank you.