All things Dundee FC

How would Dees feel if we went for Conor Hazard on a permanent deal come January? He's highly rated at Celtic, been capped for Northern Ireland but is well down the pecking order, possibly not even 4th choice with Ross Doohan on the books.

Also, would you be bothered if O'Neil swooped for Jimmy Nicholl as part of his Stoke set-up? Any random guesses who you think McPake would go for as a replacement? JN was an important factor in McPake even wanting the job. Can't imagine we'd suddenly go for inexperience (Dave Mackay is like an informal assistant as is to quell fears of inexperience).

12 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I only mention it because Dundee supporters never shut up about it. Your crowning glory was beating one of our worst ever teams.

f**k off ye bampot, yer club has spent the best part of 60 years in the lower leagues. Nugget. 

Oh and our debt was £13m when we went into administration. Your mob have had operating losses of £6m in the last 2 years. What are you going to do about it?

Has your club ever been liquidated by the way?

Edited by Yenitit

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also, would you be bothered if O'Neil swooped for Jimmy Nicholl as part of his Stoke set-up? Any random guesses who you think McPake would go for as a replacement? JN was an important factor in McPake even wanting the job. Can't imagine we'd suddenly go for inexperience (Dave Mackay is like an informal assistant as is to quell fears of inexperience).

Barry Smith just walked back through the door.. 

How would Dees feel if we went for Conor Hazard on a permanent deal come January? He's highly rated at Celtic, been capped for Northern Ireland but is well down the pecking order, possibly not even 4th choice with Ross Doohan on the books.

It’s a no from me re Hazard. Hasn’t made in complete arse ups but he hasn’t done anything brilliant either. I honestly think we can do better. As for Jimmy N - I’ve been disappointed he hasn’t had a bigger influence - we have played shoite so far imo. He can go too. As for Smudger - the yoofs is his right place.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hamilton was playing really well after that Alloa game and probably in the best form of his Dundee career, seemed to massively calm down at crosses etc. Hazard has been competent but he's arguably been more fearful of coming for crosses than Hamilton has been this season, seems to stick to his line and it's nearly caused a couple of situations. I think I'd need to see a bit more of Hazard to be sure but another 'keeper would be good if it presented an opportunity for Ferrie to play consistently on loan, feel really sorry for him and his Challenge Cup outing with the pass back, he was very good at Stirling and looked very comfortable at that level.

Re Nicholl, it's immaterial as a discussion I think. There's no way of us knowing how much 'input' he's had or how good his advice has been or how much McPake has opted to take of it etc, always find it baffling when it's a talking point and people praise/criticise the assistant. We don't even know how sincere the manager is in talking them up as he's not going to say 'oh they were my last choice and a bit of an arsehole but I had no time so went for this senile moron'! 

I don't think Nicholl will make a move like that at his age but if he did, I think the only other assistant McPake played under at Hibs was Billy Brown! I was thinking Ian Murray before but he seems to have massively picked up form wise and looks secure Airdrieonians. No one really obvious from his time at Livi, he's nabbed Mackay and Dorrans, only other one I could see in coaching is Lee Makel and Derek Adams.

16 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I wasn't the one who brought finances into it if you care to read the thread. I was merely pointing out it's affy ironic a Dee trying to have a dig at how other clubs manage their finances.

Or perhaps if any set of fans are aware of the dangers of reckless overspending it's Dundee fans and they are right to point it out when another club is doing it?

18 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

The fan in question said it was worth seeing his club go into admin twice to achieve a top six finish.

We never went into admin twice to see a top six finish, you silly fruiter pudding. 

Edited by Dele

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Pochettino is available, I see... 🤔

I knew you were going to mention that! 

For what it’s worth I’d take Pochettino. 😝 only if Tommy Wright isn’t available. It looks like Mr Vertongen sticking his toby inside Mrs Erickson hasn’t worked out the best for team morale, or so the rumour goes. 

Anyway we both know McPake is the only man in world football to take us forward. 

Edited by Yenitit