All things Dundee FC

He's a deadly finisher, works hard but his first touch usually leaves a lot to be desired. 
Miles better than Nelson though. 
I've heard rumours he's not too popular in the squad, Billy Big baws that can't get a game. 

I feel quite sorry for him. Signed for us after being promised first team football by McPake, scores in his first few games then gets dropped.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Lunatic!

What about trying to tempt Strachan?

Neil may be mental, but he knows his way to promotion, that's for damn sure.

I'm pretty sure Strachan doesn't want to be a manager anymore, just wants to develop his ideas to make a top football academy with us, which I'm happy with tbh.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Neil may be mental, but he knows his way to promotion, that's for damn sure.

I'm pretty sure Strachan doesn't want to be a manager anymore, just wants to develop his ideas to make a top football academy with us, which I'm happy with tbh.

The more Strachan’s involved the better for me. 

What about Austin McPhee? Great result on Saturday and played good attacking football by all accounts that even the happy clappers want to see! Worth keeping an eye on how he does and you’d imagine he’d have pretty decent contacts in football. 

3 hours ago, Dele said:

He's a deadly finisher, works hard but his first touch usually leaves a lot to be desired. 

Miles better than Nelson though. 

I've heard rumours he's not too popular in the squad, Billy Big baws that can't get a game. 

Tbf that's almost exactly what Motherwell fans were saying about him during last season. Apparently spent his time sulking around talking how great a striker he is and it's a disgrace insert starting strikers name here plays ahead of him.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf that's almost exactly what Motherwell fans were saying about him during last season. Apparently spent his time sulking around talking how great a striker he is and it's a disgrace insert starting strikers name here plays ahead of him.

He's spot on. Should never been dropped from our starting eleven.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’d be upset if I i was Johnson but I’d be even more upset if I was Hemmings and Nelson.  Hemmings and Nelson are both having to play in a system that doesn’t even come close to playing to their strengths.

All three of them must be wondering if they will ever get a chance to form a partnership with someone up front!

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbh you can only got to games and form your own opinions on players and take with a pinch of salt what people are rumoured to be like in and around the dressing room. Johnson got in the side, was scoring goals, holding the ball up well and contributing to the games. He said he would score goals and he has. Hasn’t done much wrong in my opinion and should be getting more game time. 

I don’t know what the solution is to the Hemmings/Johnston/Nelson conundrum. Hemmings and Johnston are both strikers who are more suited to playing a number 9 role up top on their own with busy players working around about them. I don’t think they’d work playing up top together, I think the only game where we tried it was the 6-2 game (could be wrong).

The wingers need to do more though imo. I know McDaid has chipped in with a few goals but the link up play between the front 3 is nowhere near as good as it needs to be. To play with 1 up top you need the wingers to play quite high up the pitch so that it makes it more of a front 3 rather than a lone striker having to do all the work himself. We need to get the wingers higher up the pitch and we’ll create a lot more chances.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I’d be upset if I i was Johnson but I’d be even more upset if I was Hemmings and Nelson.  Hemmings and Nelson are both having to play in a system that doesn’t even come close to playing to their strengths.

Hemmings said in an interview in the build up to the derby that the team is set up in the best way possible to get the most out of him and its up to him to deliver. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Hemmings said in an interview in the build up to the derby that the team is set up in the best way possible to get the most out of him and its up to him to deliver. 

Does anyone actually believe that - including Hemmings?

You’ve also got to remember that McPake said in the interview after the derby the only difference between us and United were two individual errors.  I definitely hope McPake didn’t mean that either.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You’ve also got to remember that McPake said in the interview after the derby the only difference between us and United were two individual errors.  I definitely hope McPake didn’t mean that either.

Yes, he has three players behind him that are takes with getting the ball to him. That set up allowed him to get his scoring started once again and he has played much better since in.

Tbf to McPake, it was an immediate reaction to a disappointing loss. He has 2 weeks to analyse more specifically what went wrong and how to approach Caley.

Also, not believing Hemmings is being truthful but McPake is? Feels like a double standard to me.

5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I don't think anyone should believe what players say about their current manager.

Every Scotland player said Levein was doing a great job, every Hibs player defended Heckingbottom, every Dee said McCann was great etc etc etc, its what they do.

6 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I do, yes. He was at his best here last time up top on his own. 

Playing the lone role is probably a lot better than playing alongside shoot on sight Johnson (it can be a good thing) or army cut Nelson.