All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

It’s not a case about being worried it’s about doing something proactive when things quite clearly aren’t working. 

We’re 5/6 points behind where we should be plus poor showings in 2 cups so far. 

Since when is getting put out of a cup by Aberdeen in extra time when they're a division above us, a poor showing?

And you're using the Challenge Cup to slate the manager... come on now.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, when Bomber resigned, we weren't top of the league so I had assumed you were talking about Jocky replacing McCormack.

Therefore, I mentioned the Jocky for Chisholm swap the last time we were top and punted a manager.

Yes I was meaning Jocky. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Since when is getting put out of a cup by Aberdeen in extra time when they're a division above us, a poor showing?

And you're using the Challenge Cup to slate the manager... come on now.

Yeah the Aberdeen game was lost because of the manager’s decision making with 5 minutes to go. Same with the Partick game and arguably Friday. 

The challenge cup game was nearly our starting 11. 

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Sorry for the delay Stumigoo, family life and all that.

Simply Google Lawrence Shankland and you'll see all the links highlighting other clubs currently interested in his special talent.

In addition to the ones highlighted earlier you can now also add Swansea City and Rangers.

Regarding Stoke City, they are struggling to spend their money due to legislation restrictions following relegation. Having agreed a deal for Dwight Gayle on transfer deadline day they could not proceed due to these reasons. Now, with their new manager Michael O'Neill, and Jimmy Nicholl being his international no.2, do you really think they wouldn't have noticed Shanklands' goal scoring exploits. What is stated and on record is a goal scoring striker is their top January priority.

Now, on the other subject, my personal profession does not lie in the financial sector, however having posted a loss in 2018 of £1,618,993 (which was reduced by £1.4m in sell on fees) and then the 2019 figure of £3,759,220 I think we can safely see a projected substantial negative financial pattern emerging.

Anyway, I hope this is of assistance as I never visit the United thread, due to the fact I'm frankly not interested. I only highlighted the earlier post due to being of great potential benefit to the Dark Blues.

Best regards  

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I appreciate you attempting to clear things up. Unfortunately you have presented nothing other than opinion, rumours and guess work with no actual reliable information. Which of course is what I was expecting. Thanks for trying though.

No worries Stumigoo.  I only replied tbh because you are by far the most level-headed visitor we receive from across the divide.

Regarding interest in Lawrence Shankland, I was merely highlighting what I had read on fresh reports on the generic UK online sports media.

Obviously best to await, from your point of view, Jim Spence's clearly unbiased local sport reports on the subject.

Regarding Stoke City, if I were a betting man, watch this space as they say.

The financial aspect/subject, the recent pattern is clear for your current club owners to see and obviously reaffirm their commitment again, and again in 12 months.

Anyway, last word on United from me, my reputation dwindling by the minute, lol.

As always, best regards 

Really enjoyed the past few pages. Whilst I completely disagree with Yenitit (cracking poster) and srw (Whom I've no love lost for) on this subject they do bring up some valid points and it's largely been a great debate with no mud slinging thrown or trying to make the other look stupid to prove a point, either way which is rare to find on P&B these days.

Well played all involved.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really enjoyed the past few pages. Whilst I completely disagree with Yenitit (cracking poster) and srw (Whom I've no love lost for) on this subject they do bring up some valid points and it's largely been a great debate with no mud slinging thrown or trying to make the other look stupid to prove a point, either way which is rare to find on P&B these days.

Mutual, believe me.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

1 thing for sure we all want McPake to do well and hope it works out in the end. It’s good to read both sides and in the knowledge McPake won’t get to rest on his laurels! Must do better 

I see there's a few people who aren't familiar with how sell-on clauses work. If Shankland and his agent have been clever enough they'll have it written into the contract that once a certain figure has been bid there is literally nothing Utd can do to stop him leaving. Those negotiations didn't drag on for ages because he was looking for an extra fiver per week. 
Dabs needn't worry though, I'm sure he'll knock back a bid from Glasgow to "continue his development at Tannadice".

Do you really think rangers or celtic will bid for him? Even if they did, why would he go there to sit on the bench or in the stand and jeopardise his scotland chances? I guess the same could be said for the other big moves. Yes he will get a pay rise but pointless if he ends up on the scrapheap again in a couple of years.

So you're agreeing with me, and disagreeing over the exact same point.
IMO we are in third place in spite of McPake, not becuse of him, and I see no progress from him, thats why Id punt him. You disagree, thats fine, we will have to wait and find out who is right.
Just out of interest, when would you sack a manager?

You are in third place because mcpake built a half decent team. I suspect he is the only reason why you managed to get dorrans

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Do you really think rangers or celtic will bid for him? 

Yes.

I've just realised I've written sell-on clause when I meant release clause.

How would anyone ever make it in the game if they thought they were going to be on the scrapheap in a few years? If you've got belief in your own ability you make the move. If you think you're just going to sit on the bench and don't move to a bigger club then you don't have the correct mindset and will never progress in the game. 

Yes.
I've just realised I've written sell-on clause when I meant release clause.
How would anyone ever make it in the game if they thought they were going to be on the scrapheap in a few years? If you've got belief in your own ability you make the move. If you think you're just going to sit on the bench and don't move to a bigger club then you don't have the correct mindset and will never progress in the game. 

Maybe. Maybe he has learnt his lesson from his time at aberdeen and thinks if he stays at Dundee utd for another season then he will be able to move to a bigger club as the number one strikers. He would be third choice at rangers in a team that plays one up front. However stranger things have happened

53 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Surprised to see so many negative posts by Dundee fans. Yeah, you’re not going to win the league or finish above Dundee United but you’re heavy favourites for second right now. Which, rivalry with United aside, is a very good season whether you go up or not.

Finishing 2nd would be a very good finish imo but say we go up through the playoffs we come straight back down the season after and we would take another 4 wallopings from United in the process. But all that is speculation and theories because I dont think we will finish 2nd and mcpake wont see the end of January as the dundee manager. 

3 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Finishing 2nd would be a very good finish imo but say we go up through the playoffs we come straight back down the season after and we would take another 4 wallopings from United in the process. But all that is speculation and theories because I dont think we will finish 2nd and mcpake wont see the end of January as the dundee manager. 

Isn't the court case in February? If things are going tits up in the New Year I reckon we'll see Nelms as a prosecution witness to avoid yet another pay off.