All things Dundee FC

We have a stronger squad than every club in. the division apart from Utd. 

McPake built the squad, I cant give him a free pass for this.

You keep contradicting yourself.

You’ve said we have the second strongest squad in the league behind United.

We’re only 3 points behind 2nd with favourable fixtures coming up. Which, if we caught Ayr, judging by what’s your saying would be completely acceptable. So, until they drift further away from us I don’t see how you can possibly take the stance that the manager should be sacked. The only way you could defend wanting him sacked is if you expect us to win the league.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

We both don’t know who applied. 

So that's what it's down to, hoping these much better candidates who applied that we didn't hear about and don't have jobs now apply again and do what McPake can't? Give me a break. I agree there is at least one manager out there I'd prefer when ignoring the fact they're never coming here, but until a realistic one is named I will continue to consider this attitude ridiculous.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

You keep contradicting yourself.

You’ve said we have the second strongest squad in the league behind United.

We’re only 3 points behind 2nd with favourable fixtures coming up. Which, if we caught Ayr, judging by what’s your saying would be completely acceptable. So, until they drift further away from us I don’t see how you can possibly take the stance that the manager should be sacked. The only way you could defend wanting him sacked is if you expect us to win the league.

That is not a contradiction.

How many central midfielders do we have? Dorrans, Byrne, McGowan, Ness, Robertson, yet we have nothing at left midfield, or left wing. Theres only one person to blame for that surely?

OK, whose squad would you have in this league apart from Dundees or Uniteds? You wouldn't take anyones would you?

That is not a contradiction.
How many central midfielders do we have? Dorrans, Byrne, McGowan, Ness, Robertson, yet we have nothing at left midfield, or left wing. Theres only one person to blame for that surely?
OK, whose squad would you have in this league apart from Dundees or Uniteds? You wouldn't take anyones would you?

No, and that’s why we’ll finish second in the league. Like I said, until were cut adrift of second place it’s lunacy to suggest sacking him.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

No, and that’s why we’ll finish second in the league. Like I said, until were cut adrift of second place it’s lunacy to suggest sacking him.

So you're agreeing with me, and disagreeing over the exact same point.

IMO we are in third place in spite of McPake, not becuse of him, and I see no progress from him, thats why Id punt him. You disagree, thats fine, we will have to wait and find out who is right.

Just out of interest, when would you sack a manager?

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So that's what it's down to, hoping these much better candidates who applied that we didn't hear about and don't have jobs now apply again and do what McPake can't? Give me a break. I agree there is at least one manager out there I'd prefer when ignoring the fact they're never coming here, but until a realistic one is named I will continue to consider this attitude ridiculous.

Give me a break Ross. You think McPake is the best man for the job. I’m out!im done GIF by Chicago Med

IMO we are in third place in spite of McPake, not becuse of him, and I see no progress from him, thats why Id punt him. You disagree, thats fine, we will have to wait and find out who is right.

I would sack a manager when he’s failing to do what he’s expected after been given enough time to do so. So, like at said, when we’re cut adrift of second place and looking like not even finishing in a playoff spot, then I’d consider sacking him. Until then, he should be allowed to do his job.

Just now, Yenitit said:

Give me a break Ross. You think McPake is the best man for the job. I’m out!im done GIF by Chicago Med

Can't even come up with a realistic replacement before giving up. Sad you can't realise how paper-thin your arguments are here.

8 minutes ago, srw said:

This is the key I feel. One side is happy with a 2nd place finish with a realistic chance of promotion through playoffs, the other is trying to pretend the same but really is just mad we don't look like winning the league.

11 minutes ago, srw said:

I probably wouldn't while we were one of the most in form teams in the league tbh. If we stagnate by the time of the New Year and are fighting to stay in the playoffs, I'll probably be agreeing with you on the matter for once, but I believe we have the ability to have ourselves in 2nd by then and to keep it throughout the season. Improvements need to be made tactically I agree, but they were already being made and I believe it will continue.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is the key I feel. One side is happy with a 2nd place finish with a realistic chance of promotion through playoffs, the other is trying to pretend the same but really is just mad we don't look like winning the league.

I probably wouldn't while we were one of the most in form teams in the league tbh. If we stagnate by the time of the New Year and are fighting to stay in the playoffs, I'll probably be agreeing with you on the matter for once, but I believe we have the ability to have ourselves in 2nd by then and to keep it throughout the season. Improvements need to be made tactically I agree, but they were already being made and I believe it will continue.

Who is mad? Ive clearly stated I don't expect to win the league, that second place is what I expect, then win the playoff to have a successful season. You don't seem to deal with nuances.

Again, as stated several times, and repeated again, I see no progress, no improvement, no sign of McPake learning, thats why Id get rid, some people see positives, I simply do not.

ICT were humiliated at the weekend, if we can go up there and start a good run through to Christmas, I may re-evalute my position, but it wont be a knew jerk reaction to beating Alloa like some people seem to be having.

It's good to read both sides of the argument. Imo.

True, we should probably leave it at that. Nobody seems as though they are going to back down on their viewpoints so probably best to agree to disagree now. Becoming a bit repetitive and a waste of time.

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't even come up with a realistic replacement before giving up. Sad you can't realise how paper-thin your arguments are here.

It’s because with all due respect you’re havering pish! You know who applied, you know that manager’s out of work wouldn’t take up the post (presumably don’t need the money) and you know McPake is the best and only man for the job. This season so far has been terrible with a lot of hugely disappointing performances and results thrown in for good measure but hey ho we’ve only lost to Yenited twice, Partick, Morton, Elgin to name but a few. 

Inverness have been pumped 3 nil in their last 2 fixtures. How do you think we will fare up there a week on Saturday, surely we can match Arbroath. 

Edited by Yenitit

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What? We won the league then got a top 6 finish in the top league the next season. 

Well, when Bomber resigned, we weren't top of the league so I had assumed you were talking about Jocky replacing McCormack.

Therefore, I mentioned the Jocky for Chisholm swap the last time we were top and punted a manager.