All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, srw said:

Im quite disappointed that so many Dees are gutless wonders, and seem happy with failure.

And I'm disappointed that so many Dees believe that firing the manager every 6 months after he hasn't won every single game is a recipe for success.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is Levein a better manager than McPake?

I personally don't think so at this point, and even if we wanted him I doubt he'd come.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is Jack Ross a better manager than McPake?

Absolutely, but we're never getting him and you know that.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, srw said:

Fair enough, with your answers to the points.

It wont come as a surprise that I absolutely disagree with your POV, as for deluded, again, another poster with insults, I could retort, but you happy clappers seem quite sensitive, and like to dish it out, so well done.

Im quite disappointed that so many Dees are gutless wonders, and seem happy with failure.

For me to say I think you're deluded for having the opinions you have, is not an insult, it just what I see as a delusional opinion. How else do you want me to describe it? Far fetched? Clueless?

I'm a big boy, I can take being called a "gutless wonder" "happy clapper" or "sensitive" but like you said, you're not going to dish out any insults.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I didn’t think I had insulted you, if I have I apologise. I don’t always back a manager, I wanted McIntyre out from the minute he was appointed. McPake has been given the job, and whether you agree with that appointment or not it’s far too early for the abuse he’s getting and people wanting him out. He needs to be given time to do the job he was employed to do. I think the team are playing at about 75% of their capabilities and I’m willing to give McPake the chance to get the 100% out of them which would see us have a very good chance of promotion.

You, and the rest of the fans who share your opinion, need to get a bit of perspective. We’re doing fine just now and on track to finish in a playoff place, which in all honesty is the best we could have hoped for this year. United were always going to win the league and I’ve said that from the start of the season.

Civility.

If by your opinion we are at 75% after 13 games, in what way is that even remotely acceptable?

IMO, thats a sackable offence on its own. Id give him time, if I saw progress, which I really don't.

The happy backers need to get a bit of perspective as well, this league is a bugger to get out of, clubs go through managers until they get the right one, Utd had to do this a few times. I agree that Utd were almost certainly going to win the league, but theres acceptable ways of getting beat by the best team in the league, or even the worst, but we look gutless, unorganised and witless at times, and that is not acceptable.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

There’s absolutely no way we would get either of those first 2 managers. I could be wrong but I imagine getting Dick Campbell would involve paying Arbroath a fee which I’m not sure we would be willing to do.

Both out of contract and Levein joined Yenited in a similar state where they were bottom of the league and looking as if they were in a right bad way albeit in a league above. He’d get us promoted this season. 

Not that I want Campbell but I think we’d pay a fee, we’ve already done so this season. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

For me to say I think you're deluded for having the opinions you have, is not an insult, it just what I see as a delusional opinion. How else do you want me to describe it? Far fetched? Clueless?

I'm a big boy, I can take being called a "gutless wonder" "happy clapper" or "sensitive" but like you said, you're not going to dish out any insults.

Just out of interest, what are those opinions? I haven't said we should win the league, win every game, so what exactly am I saying thats so wrong to you?

1 minute ago, srw said:

Civility.

If by your opinion we are at 75% after 13 games, in what way is that even remotely acceptable?

IMO, thats a sackable offence on its own. Id give him time, if I saw progress, which I really don't.

The happy backers need to get a bit of perspective as well, this league is a bugger to get out of, clubs go through managers until they get the right one, Utd had to do this a few times. I agree that Utd were almost certainly going to win the league, but theres acceptable ways of getting beat by the best team in the league, or even the worst, but we look gutless, unorganised and witless at times, and that is not acceptable.

Oh aye, go through managers like United have done? And spend 5 years down here in the process! 

Great plan!

I see there's a few people who aren't familiar with how sell-on clauses work. If Shankland and his agent have been clever enough they'll have it written into the contract that once a certain figure has been bid there is literally nothing Utd can do to stop him leaving. Those negotiations didn't drag on for ages because he was looking for an extra fiver per week. 

Dabs needn't worry though, I'm sure he'll knock back a bid from Glasgow to "continue his development at Tannadice".

I wouldn’t mind so much if McPake gave us some sort of indication that he’s willing to acknowledge and address the one up front punt tactic he employs in every game. 

Neilson changed things at half time which improved United.  We carried on regardless. 

Neilson has twice completely outthought McPake to the point we have barely laid a glove on United yet McPake’s arrogance and / or complete inability to read and understand a game has him claiming there was nothing in the last game and that the difference was just two mistakes.  Anyone at all on here willing to defend McPake’s assertions as to how the game went?

Just now, srw said:

What is acceptable then, if you thought Utd were going to win the league?

2 minutes ago, srw said:

The happy backers need to get a bit of perspective as well, this league is a bugger to get out of, clubs go through managers until they get the right one, Utd had to do this a few times.

And look how well that policy has worked for them, in their 4th attempt, needing to haemorrhage money to get it done.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And I'm disappointed that so many Dees believe that firing the manager every 6 months after he hasn't won every single game is a recipe for success.

I personally don't think so at this point, and even if we wanted him I doubt he'd come.

Absolutely, but we're never getting him and you know that.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry Ross but I can’t take you serious if you honestly think Levein isn’t a better manager than McPake. 

Civility.

It’s acceptable for me because, United game aside, I’ve seen marked improvements since the Patrick Thistle game. Like the other Ross said above, we’ll see the reaction we get for the ICT game. If we win up there would your opinion change?

I actually disagree that we look gutless. We’ve dug in at times this season to grind out results when we’ve maybe struggled to get footholds in the game (eg. Morton).

I realise that this league is a bugger to get out of, but that’s where constantly sacking managers since Paul Hartley has gotten us. We were just outside the top 6 in the division above until we started on the managerial merry go round.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Oh aye, go through managers like United have done? And spend 5 years down here in the process! 

Great plan!

So your plan is to stick with a poor manager because its better than trying to get the right one?

Quote Alex Ferguson at Man Utd, he always get pulled out the hat as what happens when you keep the faith.

So your plan is to stick with a poor manager because its better than trying to get the right one?
Quote Alex Ferguson at Man Utd, he always get pulled out the hat as what happens when you keep the faith.

Man United, another team who have done brilliantly constantly sacking managers!!

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Just out of interest, what are those opinions? I haven't said we should win the league, win every game, so what exactly am I saying thats so wrong to you?

Right, so we are where we you expect us to be and you don't expect to win every game but you want to sack the manager?

Now you're not even making any sense?

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It’s acceptable for me because, United game aside, I’ve seen marked improvements since the Patrick Thistle game. Like the other Ross said above, we’ll see the reaction we get for the ICT game. If we win up there would your opinion change?

I actually disagree that we look gutless. We’ve dug in at times this season to grind out results when we’ve maybe struggled to get footholds in the game (eg. Morton).

I realise that this league is a bugger to get out of, but that’s where constantly sacking managers since Paul Hartley has gotten us. We were just outside the top 6 in the division above until we started on the managerial merry go round.

To be fair Ross the only reason Nelms has had to constantly sack managers is because Nelms has constantly appointed the wrong people.

i really do hope McPake makes it.  I just can’t believe Nelms thought McPake was ready to go from under 18 coach to managing a club desperate to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.